Researching the Cabrera and Luna Family Trees.

Newbies introduce yourselves here. (Guest Account can create topic & post reply in this section)

Moderator: cordapya

Joe

Researching the Cabrera and Luna Family Trees.

Unread post by Joe »

My grandmother was Matia Luna , the daughter of Ruperto Luna and Lucia Cabrera. I have a copy of the Cabrera Family Tree that extends about 6-7 generations. I would like to know if there are any updates. I believe it was compiled by the Falcon Family.
I'd like to find information on the Luna Family too.

Thanks in advance.

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Re: Researching the Cabrera and Luna Family Trees.

Unread post by BONSAL »

Hi Joe! Welcome to Tagosds.Org. I'm also part of the Cabrera Family Tree. My grandmother is Natividad Cabrera-Prado. Do you have a soft copy of Cabrera Family Tree? Can you email it to me (bon@tagosds.org). I have a pending project, which is to embed a "Family Tree Section" in the website. Maybe you can help me in this project.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

janajeb

Unread post by janajeb »

...try asking kampanaryo spy...i think he knows the Luna Family Tree.

wambi
Neophyte
Neophyte
Birthday: 30 Sep 1958

Unread post by wambi »

I will try.
Salamat.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Joe wrote:My grandmother was Matia Luna , the daughter of Ruperto Luna and Lucia Cabrera. I have a copy of the Cabrera Family Tree that extends about 6-7 generations. I would like to know if there are any updates. I believe it was compiled by the Falcon Family.
I'd like to find information on the Luna Family too.

Thanks in advance.

wambi,

first, welcome to tagosds.org. i and bonsal want to know how did you discover this site? :roll

please check your inbox.

how is ruperto luna related to ruperto "etoc" luna who's married to susan yap of gamut?

i'm the SecGen (though there's no official designation) of CIRCULO DE LUNA (CDL) of Tago. i'll ask around about your folks when i get home today.

as to the cabrera clan, i believe you're referring to the tome written by the late pedro medrano. he's the only chronicler of tago that i know. i have yet to see that book, although when CDL had its maiden reunion in the 90s, some committee members refered to it to establish the Luna family tree as some Lunas got married to Cabreras, just like your folks.

there was a time that Cong. Nonoy Falcon, himself a Cabrera scion, wanted to print it. i don't know what happend on the way to the printing press. this compilation is very precious because it cuts across tago's clans, showing among other things, how Tagon-ons are interrelated. and the writing style of the writer, or so i heard, is very entertaining with lots of humor thrown in.

you can PM me your questions and i'd be glad to answer them in the best way i know how.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

wambi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Unread post by wambi »

I found this site just by Googling "Tago","Tandag","Luna","Cabrera", etc. What a GREAT surprise. It's great that you have a forum in this site to interact with others from Tago.

Salamat!

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

wambi,

with the data you have provided me, it's just a matter of time before we can trace your bloodline. and we're excited for you.
:roll
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

wambi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Unread post by wambi »

Thanks!

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

Hi Wambi! I'm waiting for the softcopy of Cabrera Family Tree. It's now the best time to update the lineage of Cabrera Family. =P~
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

wambi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Unread post by wambi »

Sorry. I'll take care of it when I get home from work.

yobob
Occasional Member
Occasional Member
Birthday: 09 Aug 1974

Unread post by yobob »

hi joe, am a greatgrandson of paula "popo ala" cabrera ortega, lucia's "popo cia" sister, your grandma "matia cabrera luna"and my maternal grandma maria ortega cabrera obviously are first cousins, my mom told me that your grandma and mine use to do their gimmicks in tandag, they're close first cousins. your mom could somehow attest to that.

we're third cousins, same relationship with bonsal. bonsal's maternal greatgrandpa is pedro "endong" cabrera (other siblings are popo anday cabrera y montero, popo isaac). my mom, felicitas ortega doromal y luna is asking if your mom is Lita? Publing? Charing? Pinting? Gun-ing? Norma? Maureen?, this is actually a multiple choice(hehehe). We're both offsprings of LUNA-CABRERA. I just don't know what's our degree of relationship with the LUNA, I haven't talk to Papa yet. Welcome Home!!!! :-({|=

Roberto "yobob" Luna
Last edited by yobob on Sun May 04, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yobob
Occasional Member
Occasional Member
Birthday: 09 Aug 1974

Unread post by yobob »

Hi joe, you can also check one of the pics in blast from past, just click on the link FORUM>BLAST FROM THE PAST>FELICITAS DOROMAL LUNA", you may see the pic with "merry christmas",

The three oldies seated, on the left side is my grandma, maria cabrera ortega y doromal, in the middle is "popo ala" your greatgrandma's sister, on the right is lola mansing cabrera ortega y gomez, grandma's sister and she's the lone survivor (of the unsinkable titanic :lol:) among the siblings.

Standing behind are, my mama, tita gloria, papa (Quirino Luna Jr), lolo Mundo Doromal, tito Rudy, uncle caesar escobal(mom's first cousin)and tita pacita on the far right. let your mom see this pic and i bet she'll recognize them.

Regards. =;

wambi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Unread post by wambi »

My mom is Pinting. Glad we could make a connection. I'll show this to my mom.
THANKS!!!

farm82557
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by farm82557 »

Hi Wambi! I met your mom many years ago. Iya Rufing accompanied us to your mom's house and to Iya Gun-ing's during a trip to California with my mom. We also met Mana Baby in Apple Valley. To make the connection, I am a great-granddaughter of Pedro (Endong) Cabrera.

How about Mariles Miralles and Tata (Amelia) Elpa? Where are they now?

Regards.

wambi
Neophyte
Neophyte

Unread post by wambi »

This is AWESOME. Glad to connect with more family. Regarding Mariles and Tata, I'll have to check with my mom.
THANKS!!!