global financial crisis

Newbies introduce yourselves here. (Guest Account can create topic & post reply in this section)

Moderator: cordapya

taga duma duma

global financial crisis

Unread post by taga duma duma »

Reading & hearing all the news these past weeks about the US market, made me wonder how our hard working kababayans are feeling the strain. Whereas, Canadian dollar is gaining strength, it certainly gives some relief to all who lives in Canada specially if your sending money home to your love ones.....

Care to comment or share your thoughts on this, anyone??

Profile E-mail

Alibangbang
Post subject: Re: US market on teeter totter, Canadian dollar gaining.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 am
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

cocopuff wrote:
Reading & hearing all the news these past weeks about the US market, made me wonder how our hard working kababayans are feeling the strain. Whereas, Canadian dollar is gaining strength, it certainly gives some relief to all who lives in Canada specially if your sending money home to your love ones.....

Care to comment or share your thoughts on this, anyone??

Hi Cocopuff,

It's lean time, people are feeling the burn and the pinch. This is depressing and stressful for all of us living on this side of the seaboard.

Why add to it? Yap, I’ve stopped watching and reading the news. There really is nothing that you and I can do about it, so why bother? Rather, I busy myself praying instead, my earnest, that God will intervene. We need His help to right and stabilize this most volatile climate of our economy. And most importantly, I pray that God will give us the wisdom to choose the next President come, Tuesday, Nov. 4.

At the moment, we're "sitting ducks" waiting whatever it is that is going to ravel or unravel before us. :-D :-D

God help us all.

Insomada
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:32 pm
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Hi Cocopuff & Abbs,

The US, being the suzerain country leads in politics and economics globally. What happens to her will surely affect other countries in the world. Sad to say, small economies will hugely feel the economic slump. We, here in down under are now beginning to feel the signs of what’s to come. Just 3 weeks ago, one Aust $ is 97 cents against the US, now it’s down to 69 cents. Consequently, one Aust dollar was 42 pesos before, now it’s down to 30 pesos.

This is no to aggrandize our economy but we’re lucky to have our budget surplus courtesy of the previous administration. The government will use this surplus to assuage the economic burden. This will be done by continuing government funded infrastructure and other projects to have continuous flow of economic activities in the country, old aged-pension, unemployment allowance and teachers pay are raised, additional family support (each child under the age of 20 from middle income families will receive $1000 each), tax cuts will be imposed to increase the purchasing power of the consuming public, $14,000 grants to first home buyers so real estate industry won’t be hurt (stamp duty free) etc. Indeed, it’s the right time to use our budget surplus.

Another imperative move by the present administration which I know will not be easy, but the government is keen in neutralizing the disparity of salaries between CEOs and the rank and files in the corporate hierarchy.

Just the other night our new Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd (I voted for him) succumb to what we described as “straight democracy” when he answered impromptu questions face to face from audience represented by ordinary people from all sectors of society. The Prime Minister was so determined that through the concerted efforts of both the opposition and the administration we can pull the crisis together. Political analysts said he’s doing his job excellently especially in dealing with the crisis today and described the PM as a capable leader well and truly worthy of our votes. I hope he will continue to radiate in that manner.

Yes, it is a volatile time and we are in a precarious situation. As ordinary people however, we can make a minute yet significant contribution and that is thru prayers. Remember the cliché “in unity we find strength”. This time we are called to once again unite in prayers.

God bless us all.

Alibangbang
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:01 am
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Insomada wrote:
Hi Cocopuff & Abbs,

The US, being the suzerain country leads in politics and economics globally. What happens to her will surely affect other countries in the world.

This time we are called to once again unite in prayers. [color=#0000BF]

[color=#404000]Insom,

That's right. What many don't realize is that what happens here, the current will be carried and felt in all four corners of the globe. From the West = Americas, North = Europe, East = Asia and or Oceania (which ever you prefer) :-D and South = Africa.

We’re so up in the air. Mid November, when the election dust settle, who ever wins, I pray that God will give him guidance to lead this country. I pray that America will be what it was before, a country where people come to better their lives and the lives of their family and extended families. ah... just muttering... :-k

Insomada
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:34 am

Amo dakay lang ato mahitabang an pag-ampo.

Gasugod na raba pag take place an effect nan global meltdown.

BONSAL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:15 pm
MR. ADMIN
MR. ADMIN

Insomada wrote:
Amo dakay lang ato mahitabang an pag-ampo.

Gasugod na raba pag take place an effect nan global meltdown.

Let's brace our ourselves for the worst times and recession.

THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS WILL JEOPARDIZE OUR MODEST ECONOMIC GAINS IN TWO DISTINCT WAYS. ONE, IT WILL RAMSHACKLE ANY UPWARD TREND OF FDIS. SECOND, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, IT WILL KEEP THE PHALANX OF OFWS TO THE ENDS OF THEIR SENSES. THE OFWS WILL HAVE REALITY CHECKS OF THEIR OWN SUCH THAT THEY WILL STOP SPONSORING THE VAIN ATTEMPTS OF THEIR RELATIVES, IMMEDIATE AND REMOTE, TO BE VOTED TO VARIOUS ELECTED OFFICES. COME ON, PLEASE STOP GIVING FODDER TO THE NARCISSISTIC WETDREAMS OF YOUR PARENTS, BROTHERS AND UNCLES TO BE FINALLY ELECTED TO CERTAIN GOVERNMENT OFFICES. PLEASE, TOILING IN A FOREIGN LAND DOES NOT GIVE IMPRIMATUR TO UNCLE BOY TO COVET WITH MOIST TONGUES THE MAYORALTY SEATS AND OTHER LOCALIZED BADGES OF COMMUNITIC ACCEPTABILITY. PLEASE DO NOT ANYMORE BEGUILE UNCLE BOY TO RUN FOR MAYOR BECAUSE YOU HAVE A HUGE STASH OF DOMESTIC HELPERING COMPENSATION. WHAT WE NEED ARE REAL MEN OF INTEGRITY AND HONESTY TO RUN OUR AFFAIRS NOT THE UNCLE BOYS OF FAMILIES OF OFWS WHO HAVE WETDREAMS OF BEING FINALLY RECOGNIZED BY ONE'S COMMUNITY AS, WELL, RELEVANT AND WITH A NAME (WHOOOOAHH, BIG TIME, KUNO!).