What else is New?

Tell us your views about CURRENT issues!

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

What else is New?

Unread post by Insomada »

WHAT ELSE IS NEW?

The Filipino news is broadcast every Tuesday to Saturday at 6:45AM here in Brisbane at channel 28. This time slot allows me to have a glimpse of the latest happenings in my Pilipinas kung mahal before I leave home for work at 7:15 to catch the 7:31 train.

Making myself cognizant of the goings back home, I try to seize the moment of putting myself in front of the tv and watch the news unfold right before my eyes. However, this supposedly a pleasurable routine has become a moment of dread as all I can see in the news are the rotten activities and malpractices of our government officials. Sana man lang kahit kapiranggot na balita ay makakapagbigay kasiyahan sa manonood kung papaano gumagawa ng paraan ang gobyerno to alleviate the economic condition of our country let alone the lives of our countrymen. “What then is new” is a phrase I and Sunoy mutter everytime we watch Filipino news. Hence, what then is new with the government of Gloria Macapagal Arroyo?

As perennially enmeshed in a web of scandal, the Philippine government is once again in the centre of international and Philippine media attention due to Jocjoc Bulante’s homecoming after a two year exile in the US. Lest you don’t know Jocjoc went to US to avoid persecution due to the embezzlement of the f'ertilizer funds' but was allegedly diverted into GMA’s campaign fund. News had it that the total amount of money Jocjoc pillaged from the government amounted to a ballpark of 3 billion pesos. Susmariahosep pagkadakoe!

But firstly, who was and is Jocjoc Bulante? Wasn’t he a comrade of Mike Arroyo during their Rotary Club days? Aha, from thereon it’s easy to deduce how he managed to do such.

What’s your take on this, anybody?