Consider boycott of ‘Da Vinci Code’ film, Vatican official..

Tell us your views about CURRENT issues!

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

K-SPY! paunahon na-ay namo si ABB kay dako na gayod an pagmahay nan TAGO kaniya kay bagan dugay-dugay na panahon na yahimamat ni ABB si TAGO. Tingali sa next year pohon basi isab si Manyosa mag-awos. Kay katipon pa tingali anhi nan balikbayan box :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: amo - Long? Iya kono ipa door-to-door pag-una kay para wara nay iya rapo abay check-in & claim-in. Inday anhin si FARM wara pay hisgot. Sige lamang K-SPY kay basi magkitakita da kita kay si SAPS isab yangotan sa adto kon dili ako mouli. Basi mag mini-reunion kita nan mga tagon-on bloggers. :) :D :D Ikaw gayod an una masayod. :) :)
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

sige na dayon cordaps para mag hudyaka kita ngadi.

kon next year pa ok gihapon kay may plano raba bagan na mag balik tago na isab kay dugay dugay na sa kita wara maka balik tago.

si manyosa bagan plano isab niya mo lagwa ngadi. takdua niyo an iyo mga eskedyul para maghinangop kita. baya baya li-ag an mga bloggers nan yaon. madayaw isab garo haw bakasyon para an mga bloggers na yanag eskuyla pa maka entrahay.

hala magpa-abot lang kami ngadi. anhin si abb paga unsay paga suysuyan anhin lapabopot nan puminsar nan iya panguli ngadi.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re:

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Alibangbang wrote:First of all, I think we should be responsible to separate FACTS from FICTION. :) Dan Brown writes fiction not reference books.

Page 5 into “Angels and Demons” I got hooked. It was compelling, intense, very imaginative, part thriller and part mystery.

Then came, The Da Vinci Code. Brown carry forward same protagonist, the young very handsome (K-Spyesh look) :) Harvard University Professor of Religious Iconology, Robert Langdon. This time Brown’s imagination takes us to Paris not Switzerland (Angels and Demons) where Vetra’s eyeball was dug off its socket- - - - but, the Louvre where the curator has sacrificed his life to protect the Priory’s most sacred trust.

With Angels and Demons, Brown paired Langdon with Vettoria Vetra. Together their mystery adventure uncovered Vatican’s can-blow-your-mind secrets. Imagine the Pope’s close personal assistant, was actually his son, born from a virgin nun? :shock:

With The Da Vinci Code, Brown paired Langdon with Sophie Neveu, the unassuming lady who ended up to be the “code” (or was it a pendant she was wearing that holds the code that would identify the wearer to be the code??) I mean, direct descendant of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. She (Sophie) thankfully escape the car rigged to crush into a fiery ball that killed her immediate family. Thus leaving her the only direct descendant.

And somewhere was a "hancho" from Opus Dei. Can’t recall right now what role he played, but it made the story even more intriguing. :lol:

I enjoyed both books more so the Angels and Demons. And can safely say that I have strong enough foundation for my faith that not once did I doubt God's love for us. . . .He sent our Lord Jesus Christ from heaven, to die on the cross for our sins so we may have everlasting life.

Yes, I will watch the movie just to see how true it is to the book. But that’s entertainment folks. . . most of it is hogwash anyway . . . . :lol:

Mind you, I’ve read first print (hardbound) of these books . . . so that was long time ago..…my memory is not as clear as it use to (senior moment) :( ….so any discrepancy to my recollection… I will stand corrected. :)
A & D opened this weekend and the Teen (daughter) wanted to see it. For the Teen and I, a source of disappointment as adaption of a favorite book often do. ](*,)

The pre-teen (son), having no point of reference, was entertained. He enjoyed mimicking “El Vaticano” in deep Italian accent, the chasing of clues and catch phrases: “she did it”, “I’m not anti-catholic just anti-vandalism” among others and the fact that the Camerlengo is none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi. :-D

As for me, it’s Vittoria’s pocketbook ..... and that's entertainment. :-)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess