Tagosds.Org Still a Work in Progress @ 2

New announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Tagosds.Org Still a Work in Progress @ 2

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Two years ago today, tagosds.org was born, changing the way Tagon-ons from all over the world commune. For hundreds of Tagon-on web visitors, both overt and covert, tagosds.org is not just a source of news, laughter and joy, it is a nexus where stories are shared, where memories are retold, and where ties are made and renewed. In short, it’s a lifeline!

But how did tagosds.org begin? And how did it evolve?

Tagosds.org is a progeny of Friendster. One day I opened my email and there it was---Bonsal’s request to add him to my rather short list of friends. (He saw my name in Gracey’s Friendster account.) When I read his profile that said he’s a computer whiz, a bulb lit inside my head! I emailed him to ask if he was willing to collaborate with me to produce Tago’s website, which up until then remained a nagging wish because I didn’t have the means to do it. He said yes and if I could provide him with Tago’s socio-economic profile, then he could work on it over the weekend just to set things off. I did just that.

And more.

Using a borrowed old-fashioned camera (no digicam yet from Cordapya and Judstump), I took pictures of Tago’s landmarks and delicacies, wrote accompanying texts, and sent them through LBC. Bonsal turned manic with his mouse that weekend.

And so on 13 January 2005, tagon-on.blogspot.com hit the ground running! Tagged as "Kahungan-hunganan nan Tago," it is best remembered for its Gitik-gitik features. Its maiden thread, “Favorite Tagon-on Expression,” elicited posts from bonsal, buche_fritter addict, iCePriNceSs, gracey, imesh, neth etnerual, puddingero, oligahan, oliver. By month end, tagon-on.blogspot.com had 111 posts with an average of 55 visitors a day!

Words spread. And Bonsal’s visitor meter showed a figure that quadrupled the usual number of bloggers. This told us that many Tagon-ons chose to hover on the margins either because they were too shy to spill their guts or were just starting to navigate through their technological fear.

Soon enough, Bonsal saw the need for tagon-on.blogspot.com to go mainstream. It’s time to find a legit host, he said, if we want tagon-on.blogspot.com to be better, faster and bigger.

We needed money, and so I met up with Mayor Pimentel who readily agreed to shell out P10,000 for the publication and hosting fees of tago’s website. But then big-hearted Tagon-ons from US (sibuling and her hubby) and Canada (who requested not to be named) offered to pay for them instead.

On 15 March 2005, tagosds.org went online, shedding the old skin of tagon-on.blogspot.com. Average daily visitors leapt from 55 to 200 daily.

Posts doubled and continued to pour in. Some regular bloggers changed their names while some closeted ones mustered the courage to register and be known for the first time. Congratulatory notes/posts reached Bonsal; Tagon-ons from all over the globe felt it’s the best thing that ever happened to them. They got updated of Tago’s goings-on, in fact there were times they knew ahead of the people in Tago as to who died, who got married, who arrived and who left. Suddenly, they said, they are not that far away from home anymore because Tago is just a mouse-click away.

Bonsal, being the hardworking person that he is, continues to think of ways on how to improve tagosds.org. And true to form, he launched in 21 August 2006 Version 2 of tagosds.org. Now it’s powered by content management system used by leading websites; its animated banner is powered by macromedia flash, the leading graphics animation software.

Tagosds.org is now on the bleeding edge of website technology!

Today, tagosds.org boasts of: 275 average visitors per day; 15,167 with 2,000 archived posts in the Forum; 850 Forum topics; and 265 registered users.

But couched in these statistics are bonds of friendship and love; edifying human interest stories; relationships formed, lost and regained; photographs and memories; quaint things rediscovered; and archaic language restored and recorded!

Two years! And tagosds.org remains a work in progress. Which is just as well because we want it to be dynamic, to be always up for innovation and reinvention.

Fellow Tagon-ons, tagosds.org’s continued success depends on us----through our posts and our willingness to open up and share our thoughts.

Here’s to maintaining the sense of Tagon-on community wherever our piece of the sky is! After all, Tago is never anywhere; it’s in the heart!

Happy Second Anniversary tagosds.org!

Mabuhay ka tagosds.org! Mabuhay kita tanan Tagon-ons!
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

Thank you k-spy! Great article. Happy 2nd Anniversary Tagosds.Org!!!
Last edited by BONSAL on Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Thank you K-Spy. Splendidly written. Now we're on the know of how these all begun. . .

Thanks to K-Spy's insight
Thanks to Gracey's friendster account
Thanks to Bonsal
Thanks to Sibuling and her hubby and to the Tagon-ons in Canada
and to those who were there since inception, you've created something truly beautiful :)

Happy second anniversary. LONG LIVE TAGOSDS.ORG!!!
Last edited by Alibangbang on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by manday »

INFOTECH IS THE WAVE OF TODAY AND THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE.As Tagosds.Org is celebrating its second anniversary of its emergence of this so called BORDERLESS WORLD. I, as a new listed Tago-on blogger, would personally like to congratulate the people behind this and the bloggers who sustain this...It says, in order to attain a goal we need to be in sync-mind and body,thoughts and behavior.I just wish it applies too here that we need to be in sync-in anyform for the betterment of this org. and in order to sustain this for a lifetime (because I believe away from home this is a home).ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS AND MORE POWER TO EACH AND EVERY ONE.GOD BLESS!

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
Birthday: 01 May 1964

Unread post by sapaalaska »

Congratulations WOW 2nd YR. Mabuhay an TAGOSDS.ORG. For all people behind this THANK YOU.

Judstump
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by Judstump »

HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY TO TAGOSDS.ORG.

THANKS K-SPY AND BONSAL .

seattlelegalgirl
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by seattlelegalgirl »

A warm cyber embrace esp. to K-spy, Bonsal and to every bloggers who participated and contributed their finances, time, words, thoughts, pics, etc in this site.

K-Spy, your written words has magic that can speak happiness that's felt not heard. So across the miles, i'm reaching out like a warm wind, and want to let you know, I appreciate and admire you.

Between the lines I hope you and Bon see how very dear you are to everybody.

Thank you and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TAGOSDS!!!

kampanaryo_spy

thanks also to all of you guys for sticking with tagosds.org no matter what. there were times that we thought bloggers had grown tired of tagosds.org but still we all continued to keep vigil simply because this is just too precious to let go.

bonsal requested me to write the 2nd anniversary article few sleeps ago. and i had a hard time writing it because bonsal gave me the statistics i needed quite late. (or was it because i was absent when bon sent them? peace bon, peace. hahaha) but then again, when one writes from the heart---the topic being too familiar and sweet----everything becomes a breeze.

let me request the bloggers to do a testi; please tell us how, where, or from whom did you learn about tagosds.org? and how did/does it help you treasure your being a tagon-on? sorry guys, can't help it; it's the teacher in me. =P~ but really now, your testi will help articulate the gains of tagosds.org.

please?

peace and love. always.
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

K-spy,

I must tell you that I am one of those who felt that home is not far away anymore. I can always click on this website, one of my three favorites, and I will be home at once.

I knew about tagosds.org through my brother who told me about this site in 2005. Early last year, a batchmate also told me that she knew about the death of my father through this website. And then, in July 2006, I got a text message from my sister-in-law saying that there was a congratulatory message for me in tagosds.org. After reading your congratulatory post, I wanted to say something, and so I registered.

This website has been very helpful. It has paved the way for us tagon-ons to know one another more. It has reunited so many of us in a way that was unlike any other ways in the past. This site has definitely become the bridge that extends to different directions, connecting everyone from our beloved hometown regardless. Indeed, tagosds.org has provided us tagon-ons with a way to build on, maintain and celebrate our interconnectedness.

Initially, I was reluctant to be part of this as I didn't know about the people behind it. But now I just felt so at home. It is here where I knew that you are my uncle. It is here where I learned that Insoms is my neighbor who later told me that in the past I was garbosa because each time I passed by their house, I wasn't smiling. It is also here where I learned that I wasn't always garbosa afterall because Farm told me that what she remembered about me was my smile. Thanks again, Farm, for saving me.
Insoms, I knew it wasn't true.

It is also here where I was able to express my gratitude to the Portillo family through Mana Cordaps. There is so much to thank them for as Iyo Acoy was one of the Cocofed Officers during the time that I was attending college on a scholarship from COCOFED; and he was the Chief of Police during the time when my father was a policeman.

I also met Farm, Sapaalaska, Judstump, Abbs, Sibuling, and now Manday. It was nice meeting them again. It was equally nice meeting some tagon-ons like Bonsal and tab_lover for the first time. I know that they have gone a long way already like so many of our kababayans.

One more thing I would like to be thankful about this website is the fact that after communicating with Insoms, I've met the family of her cousin, Mana Remy Murillo Baytic, whose family also now lives where my family does. Mana Remy is married to Engr. Felix Baytic who worked in NIA in Tabon-tabon.

I also appreciate the news I get from tagosds.org, and of course, all the articles, pictures, greetings and miscellaneous posts. Thanks to you, Uncle K-spy, Bonsal, Coletz, Mana C, Farm, Abbs, Insoms, Saps, Jud, Sibs, tab_lover and all.

Happy anniversary to tagosds.org!!!
Last edited by badung on Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy, here's my testi: :)

I heard about Tagosds.org in July of 2005. My cousin and her family were visiting from San Diego. We’re just about to leave for sight seeing when the phone rang. It was Benignit!!! I was shell-shocked having not heard from him since we graduated from Purisima in 1976. We talked for over an hour and during the course of the conversation, he mentioned Tagosds.org but it was soon forgotten. Then I heard about it again, this time from Lay-ob, now known as Uhot.

Fast forward to early September 2005, I was in our 14th floor conference room bored, and waiting for a recap meeting to begin. Laptop in front, and a three-month-a-page Japan Airlines Calendar with a scenic view of what looked like a Philippine countryside, across. My eyes dropped and I decided to GOOGLE Tago and bingo!!! I browsed for about a minute and it goes without saying that my mind was far away from that meeting that afternoon. On the express bus ride home, the picture of 8 pc buche and pudding is all I could think of.

Long before I got into Forum, I was sucked reading articles and historical background then I stumbled upon buche_fritter_addict’s (aka K-Spy) gitik-gitik series with comments from bloggers. I had so much fun. Part 3 is about the “Barangay”. My all time favorite. Read and reread that thing more than a dozen times. To this day, I still laugh myself silly when I envision Marianita saying “Ug bulahan….da…ikaw…sa ….mga…(yagkanga-nga na si Marianita kay dili siguro gayud niya maatim na ma iskuhido an iya dad-unon sa ila bay)…. Babaye…nga…..SAPEEEEEEE. . . . . Minkayot an kuding kay inkayasan !!!!!!" hahahahah… K-Spy this is from memory so kon sayop ako korehi-e dakan. Hahahah.

Koman na bag-o nan Homepage hain na agaw an mga gitik-gitik? :-k

Let me tell you why I got hooked on gitik-gitik. It's very well written in Tinagon-on. I like the way buche_fritter_addict made his tagon-on words dance and intertwine with each other. It's like seeing dozens baby ells trapped in a jar. :-D I love it. Reading it made me realize how beautiful our Tagon-on dialect is. I felt refresh and it made me feel homesick.

By the time I rolled into forum, was fully warmed up and ready to go. I registered Sept. 27th 2005. I was surprise at the nice reception given. K-Spy was the first to welcomed me (Thank you) followed by our site benefactress, Mana Cordapya then Grabehirs got into the action. It was exhilarating. Like Badung, and Manday and the rest, I felt completely at ease... that is until, I was uncovered by fast thinking Farm, and by the very talented and ever resourceful K-Spy who undoubtedly, didn’t take his thinking cap off. K-Spy you’re quick-witted. You inspire me always :) .

I met and got reacquainted with fellow Tagon-ons. I found out Moneth is actually my niece. Mimi, who I had a pleasure of meeting last July is my brother’s batch mate, Madz is living just next door and Bubbles (have no idea who she is yet but, we're kindred spirit in the romance department :roll ) is so cute. Every time I see her handle, it makes me feel like dancing, a hula dance, with “tiny bubbles in the wine…makes me feel happy makes me feel fine” :-D .

Through Tagosds, I’ve developed (over land and ocean) intimate friendship with Insomada and Classmate. Through her I became acquainted with not so distant cousin Sapaalaska. And most of all, my Mana Cordapya was able to define our blood relation. I'm her Aunt and kami mga kotis porcelana kay kaliwat kami ni Mrs Gemino. Hahaha .Mana C, you're the best there is.

Tagosds.org is the best thing that ever happened to Tagon-ons far away from Tago. Yes, K-Spy, this is our pipeline and lifeline.

This site makes me feel truly glad that I’m Tagon-on. It’s here where I read and take pride in my fellow Tagon-ons successes. I’m very happy for Badung’s achievements, proud of Insomada and Sapaalaska’s civic involvement and responsibilities. And it is here that I get carried away - - bare my soul and wear my heart in my sleeves. At times, I cringed when I revisit my old posts. ](*,)

Pray I won't get misunderstood. :wink 8-[ It's liberating you see, to express ones mind (pagawas) :) Hopefully, I won't get a third degree :-D :-D . Indeed, this is home away from home and you’re all family to me so - - I let myself go like a magpie ---just like what I’m doing now. :-$

Again to K-Spy, to Admin, Mana Cordaps your skill in posting our pictures surpassed all expectations, :) benefactors, moderators, all bloggers and guest…Thank you for this gift of virtual community.
Last edited by Alibangbang on Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Binignit
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Binignit »

I have my invitation to post at "Tagon-on.blogspot.com" after it went live from "K-Spy" since we always chat on e-mail. Dili ko dakan pag haba-on. Congratulations sa ato tanan.

ramojs93
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 28 Oct 1974

Unread post by ramojs93 »

Congrats to TAGOSDS..

kampanaryo_spy

badung,

very nice testi. glad you found home in tagosds.org. i like very much the bridge metaphor.

abb,

am humbled. grabe ka crystal clear an recollection mo, pati date of registration. impressive!

it's a mouthful but am sure it's heartfelt. beautiful. continue to be the robust pillar that you are of of tagosds.org!

to the rest,

thanks for the testi. let's all keep tagosds.org alive.

just keep the posts coming.

grabehirs
Provisional Member
Provisional Member

Unread post by grabehirs »

Happy 2nd Anniversary TAGOSDS.ORG!!!

TAGOSDS.ORG takes me home all the time!!!!

Thank you...thank you...thank you tagosds.org!!!!

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

Insomada

Unread post by Insomada »

Ya late s ako, pagaturog pa kay pao kay b-day kahapon na naban ko may surprise visitors kami. Pao pa permi abay pangita nan Australian Open. Anyhow this is what I had to say:

WOW! Truly a convergence of great people, minds, ideas & testimonies. Makalipay gayod!

Firstly, Happy 2nd Anniversary to our very own Tagosds.Org--- wow, two years of continued service to its people.

Secondly, I am extending my sincere gratitude and admiration to the vanguards of the website for their persistent effort that made this website come into being. Your altruistic efforts are truthfully recognized and valued!!!! Special mention goes to: Sibuling and her hubby and their counterpart in shouldering the web cost ( the Canadian Tagon-ons); K_Spy for his tireless and never-ending effort (not to mention his brainpower in literary art) furnishing and updating us of Tago events, news, pictures, miscellaneous articles - that oftentimes titillate thus entice us to partake; Bon whose unparalleled brilliance in computer has always been demonstrated for the bloggers’ sake; to Mana Cordaps for her superb expertise in posting pics and Godly insights about life and other subjects; lastly but not the least to the early bloggers whose gitik-gitik and other posts intertained the visitors of the site and their fellow bloggers. As K-Spy put it, your nagging wish transpired into what the website has become today.

The website came to my awareness through my niece who is working in Manila. With meagre tone in her voice she advised me to browse it, meagre for she was apprehensive it wouldn't interest me for at that time majority of the bloggers belong to the younger generation. Nevertheless, curiosity struck me, much so when after a few months of talking to my niece Sapaalaska introduced me to the same site. She even sent me the link to it. Out of my curiosity, in April 2005, I browsed the site for the first time and was captivated by the mouth watering exhibits of our favourite delicacies especially pudding. Of course I was allured too by the beautiful Tagon-on people and events in USA in the Gallery section of the web. Next thing I knew I was already dropping lines as my congratulatory message to the Tago council thinking the council was overly involved in this, and that my e-mail would directly be received by Tago council specifically Manong Jun P. for I fancied the thought that Manong Jun was able to attend my wedding in Manila so many years back. As expected my e-mail was received by the admin. Much to my delight when K-Spy warmly welcome me and even had my e-mail on the front page of the web. This was the time Binignit came into the picture. Curious enough to know if I was related to so and so and if married to a Gran who was his batchmate. We then exchanged e-mails then finally one day the biggest surprise hit me when I received an unexpected e-mail coming from a very sweet, amiable, beautiful exceptionally brilliant Alibangbang. That was where all this started!

Yet, that time, I was confined to the thought that the sole purpose of the website was to publish upcoming events and news about Tago and so, didn’t bother exploring the seeming possibility where I could communicate to anyone using the site. Months passed and my curiosity rose that I started to click and click every clickable there was on the web, until I found out that Tagon-ons indeed commune and converge in the site. Still didn’t know how to post, all I did was to read and read every available piece of information provided at that time--I then became a constant visitor but not a blogger, just yet. This was where I convinced Sapaalaska even more to continually visit the site. I could still remember her initial comment was “unhon ini Lals, dili sa ako mahibawo”. Laong ko isab, basta e click ng e click mo lang hangtod moabot da kaw sa ila mga posts--ikaw da gani an ga introduce sa ako nan site, ini ako hanoon koman gapaturatoy na, ha, ha, ha. Remember this Saps! Finally on the 29th of March 2006 I officially registered myself with an Insomada handle. Today, I could proudly say to my niece, not only do I belong to the staunch and exultant bloggers but most especially a promoter of our beloved site.

I strongly agree to what the majority say that the site is our home away from home. Yes, this site not only a home for me but a "connector". It is through this site that I am reconnected to my friends whom I haven’t seen for soooo loooong most specifically MANDAY & JUDSTUMP, gain new friends- taking into account the newfound friendships with Abbs, Mana Cordaps, seattlegirlgal, mimi the master himself-Bonsal d' great and others. It is through this site that the standoffish person in myself has started to extend her wings. It is through this site where I was able to execute one of my greatest hurdles--exposing my high school crush to Sapaalaska which remained a secret for decades until K-Spy deciphered my post in the Whereabouts.

To Badung,

I may have said you were garbosa but I was certain that was just how I perceived you at the outside but never in your inside. Sus ko Ning, I just found out from Mana Emma I don't know if Mana Remy has told you this----maglumoni pa gayod baya kita sa mga Montero na side. My mum's mum was Montero. Kaya magkalapiti pa daw si Tatay mo hasta si Mama. So there you go!