CALIFORNIA GROUP IS GEARING UP FOR THE LAKE TAHOE MEETING

For Tagon-ons in USA matters, you may post it here...

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, sigwel

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Re: CALIFORNIA GROUP IS GEARING UP FOR THE LAKE TAHOE MEETING

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

cordapya wrote:Hala K-Spy kadi na agaw sa Stati Sige KAMPS, para kami kabawos kanimo.

ay, ay, cordaps, ag sa lang kita katiyaho nan baya duri-an ka dagko. :) uno taraw anhin na bawos an pagalaong mo? ag sa lang kita ma-shy!

pero malay mo, pilay pad nan amo, mapadpad gayud agaw ngaton. it's nice to know that when that opportunity comes, i can go east, west, south, and north without having to worry where to spend the night. :roll

that would be the ultimate day, cordaps! :-D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:abb,

balitaw gratis et amore yaon kay what is ka-batch iton prime mover. =P~ but then again, basin baya mutugot an kahigayunan na aton ako sa premier night nan yaon na movie, di mag "pass-the-hat" dayon ako... ****note to self: dapat paibanon si japan astan si starbucks para amoy maglab-as [isda?] nan kalo***

:-D
K-Spy,

Nahala na dayon tapos an kalo butangan tan sign na "Silent Please!" para puro tibouk waray sinsilyo. :-D :-D

Mana C,

Hala agniha iton tao kay para kita makabawos kaniya.

Sug,
Paabot lamang kita kay paga resuscitate pa si Uncle Sam. :-D
On that note, sakto kaw ... things in life that are never certain:
Wealth, Health, Dreams, Success
But we always have these:
Faith, Hope, Honesty, true friends and family. :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

sughac
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Unread post by sughac »

k_spy,

ABSOLUTELY ,YOU HAVE A POINT THERE BUT ITS JUST TOO HARD TO EXPLAIN, I'LL GIVE IT A TRY,WHY THE TORCH OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY STANDS AS A BEACON TO THE WORLD. I'VE KNOWN A COUPLE OF FRIENDS FROM EUROPE AND CANADA BUT THEIR DREAMS OF COMING TO AMERICA IS STILL ON. AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY ?
AMERICA IS A LAND OF IMMIGRANTS, BUILT AND FOUNDED BY IMMIGRANTS.AND THIS IS THE VERY REASON OF ITS GREATNESS. IT TRULY AMAZES ME WHEN I FIRST GOT HERE, HOW PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT COLORS AND CULTURES BLENDED TOGETHER SO WELL.THIS IS NOT A PERPECT COUNTRY BUT THE GOVERNMENT IS FAR ABOVE THE ONE THAT I'VE KNOWN,OPPORTUNITIES IS WITHIN REACH FOR EVERYONE.RECESSION IS NOT STRANGE TO AMERICA, THEY'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE BUT I FIRMLY BELIEVED THAT THEY CAN WEATHER THE STORM BECAUSE OF THE WILL OF IT'S PEOPLE.

I REMEMBER A STORY THAT AT ONE TIME, HARLEY DAVIDSON, THE MAKER OF HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLES DECLARED BANKRUPTCY AND DECIDED TO CLOSE THEIR PLANTS BUT THE BIKERS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE AND SOLD THEIR PERSONAL BELONGINGS TO SAVE THE COMPANY.INDEED THEY MADE IT, HARLEY DAVIDSON IS STILL, UP AND RUNNING TO THIS DAY. IF ONLY THE PEOPLE AND THE LEADERS WILL LIVE UP TO THEIR IDEALS AS A NATION WITH THE HELP OF GOD, THERE WILL BE NO MOUNTAINS TOO HARD TO CLIMB.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

sughac wrote:k_spy,

RECESSION IS NOT STRANGE TO AMERICA, THEY'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE BUT I FIRMLY BELIEVED THAT THEY CAN WEATHER THE STORM BECAUSE OF THE WILL OF IT'S PEOPLE.

IF ONLY THE PEOPLE AND THE LEADERS WILL LIVE UP TO THEIR IDEALS AS A NATION WITH THE HELP OF GOD, THERE WILL BE NO MOUNTAINS TOO HARD TO CLIMB.
SUG,

AMEN BROTHER. LAUS DEO!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

farm82557
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by farm82557 »

K Spy :wink :-k :-D an tugon ko? Lang- a si Japan. I love the oversized woven tote ni JudStump :-) :-) :-) :roll

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

sughac wrote:abay na kuman kamo magpalisod lisod kanamo na buta na. parehas kuman na in kalimtan ko an ako antiojos. waray gayud ako yabasa

Amo lagi SUGZ. :roll: :roll: kanaman balitaw permi "large" an ako size (Letters) kay bisan unhon ko pag-pa-angay-angay nan kiniling-kiling nan inin ako bi-focal dili gihapon mada. madayaw ngani kay may magnifier ko sa ako computer. Kay kon wara....na mabilwa inin ako tangu-an nan e-nangay-angay. pero sige lamang.. para may challenge :shock: :shock: :lol: 8-[ 8-[ :lol: :lol:
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

sughac wrote:k_spy,

ABSOLUTELY ,YOU HAVE A POINT THERE BUT ITS JUST TOO HARD TO EXPLAIN, I'LL GIVE IT A TRY,WHY THE TORCH OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY STANDS AS A BEACON TO THE WORLD. I'VE KNOWN A COUPLE OF FRIENDS FROM EUROPE AND CANADA BUT THEIR DREAMS OF COMING TO AMERICA IS STILL ON. AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY ?
AMERICA IS A LAND OF IMMIGRANTS, BUILT AND FOUNDED BY IMMIGRANTS.AND THIS IS THE VERY REASON OF ITS GREATNESS. IT TRULY AMAZES ME WHEN I FIRST GOT HERE, HOW PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT COLORS AND CULTURES BLENDED TOGETHER SO WELL.THIS IS NOT A PERPECT COUNTRY BUT THE GOVERNMENT IS FAR ABOVE THE ONE THAT I'VE KNOWN,OPPORTUNITIES IS WITHIN REACH FOR EVERYONE.RECESSION IS NOT STRANGE TO AMERICA, THEY'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE BUT I FIRMLY BELIEVED THAT THEY CAN WEATHER THE STORM BECAUSE OF THE WILL OF IT'S PEOPLE.

REMEMBER A STORY THAT AT ONE TIME, HARLEY DAVIDSON, THE MAKER OF HARLEY DAVIDSON MOTORCYCLES DECLARED BANKRUPTCY AND DECIDED TO CLOSE THEIR PLANTS BUT THE BIKERS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE AND SOLD THEIR PERSONAL BELONGINGS TO SAVE THE COMPANY.INDEED THEY MADE IT, HARLEY DAVIDSON IS STILL, UP AND RUNNING TO THIS DAY. IF ONLY THE PEOPLE AND THE LEADERS WILL LIVE UP TO THEIR IDEALS AS A NATION WITH THE HELP OF GOD, THERE WILL BE NO MOUNTAINS TOO HARD TO CLIMB.
Sug,

America being the suzerain country in both economic and political activities, if experiencing economic downturns greatly affects the global economies. Sadly, the worse effect is felt by the underdeveloped countries. Philippines though I categorize her being a developing nation, is perennially experiencing economic slump. I believe not because we lack the capacity to sustain global economic challenges but because of the malpractices of our government leaders. We all know how blessed we are with natural and sharp-witted human resources. Yet again the vast majority of our people live below the poverty line. Sorry folks here I go again.

Didn't Uncle Sam experience the same (even more severe than today) after the Gulf war? However, she managed to bounce back and maintained her stature after that. Let's then hope prosperity would happen sooner after this economic upheaval.

In relation to this, in December 2007, UN released result of their research for the most livable countries of the world based on 3 aspects, namely;

1. economic stability;
2. peace and order; and
3. people's life expectancy

According to UN's research the 5 best countries of the world are:

1. Iceland
2. Norway
3. Australia
4. Canada
5. Ireland
Last edited by Insomada on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kampanaryo_spy

farm82557 wrote:K Spy :wink :-k :-D an tugon ko? Lang- a si Japan. I love the oversized woven tote ni JudStump :-) :-) :-) :roll

aduy farm, very sorry kay kuman ko pa kay ini hidiskubrehi na post mo. oo lang-on ko da. :-D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

Insomada wrote: In relation to this, in December 2007, UN released result of their research for the most livable countries of the world based on 3 aspects, namely; [/b][/color]

1. economic stability;
2. peace and order; and
3. people's life expectancy

According to UN's research the 5 best countries of the world are:

1. Iceland
2. Norway
3. Australia
4. Canada
5. Ireland

insoms,

isn't it interesting that the happiest people in the world don't live in any of those countries you cited? A new study of more than 65 countries published in the UK's New Scientist magazine suggests that the happiest people in the world live in:

1. Nigeria
2. Mexico
3. Venezuela
4. El Salvador
5. Puerto Rico

honestly, i don't know what to make of these data. can a correlation be made between livability and happiness?

here's the best line:
The survey appears to confirm the old adage that money cannot buy happiness. but we know this already, right? :-D

if you're interested, here's the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3157570.stm

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy/Insom,

My happiest is when I was and when I am in Tago. :-D

TAGO # 1 :D :D

Balitaw, the fact is --- it is not where I live and how much money I have in my pocket, it is how I live my life that determines my true happiness. When I become unhappy and dissatisfied, I have no one but myself to blame :shock: Hu taraw K-Spy ga pa alig-alig sa ton si Lola Basyang (c'est moi) :-D :oops:

(Kanaman Sug, once in a while kinahanglan gayod na mokadto sa wilderness to recharge, have a nice lively conversation with HIM up there. HE always make me see things in a whole new light so I can put my life back into proper perspective. :) )

K-Spy, oh yeah... money cannot and will not, even in gold, buy happiness.

My tuppence worth

kampanaryo_spy

ako abb, i'm happy where my feet lead me. after all, happiness is a choice!

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:ako abb, i'm happy where my feet lead me. after all, happiness is a choice![/color]
APPROVE ako 200% kanimo K-Spy. Wara sa lugar o sa situwas-yon kon di SA TAO. :D :-D
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

Insomada

Kamps, Mana C & Abbs,

Tinoodi gayod and this is what exactly the Filipino priest here said. It's an irony that industrialized/well-to-do countries don't produce the happiest people. In fact they lead in suicide cases let alone mental illnesses. In fact if I may add the 4th category it would be "unhappy people". Yes, despite the abundance of opportunities and material possessions of people living in said countries so many are unhappy, depressed, isolated, not content with what they have. The case of Heath Ledger is an exact paradigm to illustrate this. He came from a good family, well educated, had a good and promising career, money, fame, yet all these came to an early end because of unhappiness. By the way inlubong na kay agaw siya kahapon. Tapos yangaligo dayon an mga tao na ga attend nan funeral niya sa iya favourite beach. Sayang talaga!

Same with you guys for me money can't buy happiness but certainly makes a big difference in life. For me happiness is when I have inner peace, close relationship with HIM and HIS people, when my family is in good shape, and when my backyard is properly manicured, ha ha ha ha ha. (kay kapoye sa gayod manguma ug mangutod nan mga tanom kon mandagko na. Kanaman yakalaong ako nan ini kay nan weekened yanguma kami tanan. Pagkatapos minsakit an ako likod ug bakagwang. Haaaayyy!)

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Hi Insom,

Was happily browsing the site along then here's you my darling. :-D :-D

Re: Heath - very, very, tragic! I watched him (while folding laundry) Sunday afternoon on E playing Casanova and looking just that, CASANOVA! What a waste of great genes and talent. But, as they say, God has him now.

Saw the picnic too at his favorite beach on ET last night. Got teary eyed watching his family and close friends huddled, leaning and holding on to each other as they gaze at the Australian majestic sunset. A very dramatic scene unfold as they, one by one, waved goodbye to the setting golden Australian sun ---(Insom, we can get ourselves incarcerated for claiming other peoples earthly possessions as our own. Now, isn't it lovely that everything up in the heavens are up for grabs? :-D Say, your sun, my sun, my sunrise, your sunset, our moon and, be my guest, have all the stars you want, take venus and saturn too while you're at it... I don't mind :-D ) --- as it slowly, teasingly disappear deep into the horizon. Heath surely must have appreciated that. :)

Insom, on the subject of Heath's or our happiness or unhappiness - - -Elizabeth Gilbert (no, not my friend, doesn’t even know I exist, best selling author of eat pray love) got me all psyched up.

She, Elizabeth, that is (hope she won't mind the first name bases 8-[ ) penned based upon the Freudians, and I quote: “Freudians say that unhappiness is the inevitable result of the clash between our natural drives and civilization’s needs”. She went on, this time, based upon the Yogis, “........... human discontent is a simple case of mistaken identity. We’re miserable because we think that we are mere individuals, alone with our fears and flaws and resentments and mortality. We wrongly believe that our limited little egos constitute our whole entire nature. We have failed to recognize our deeper divine character. We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there exist a supreme self, who is eternally at peace. That supreme self is our true identity, universal and divine". She goes on, "........before you realize this truth, you will always be in despair, a notion nicely expressed in this exasperated line from the Greek stoic philosopher Epictetus: ‘You bear GOD within you, poor wretch, and know it not’”. Now, Insom how true is that?!? :shock:

I’ve passed Italy (eat). I’m now in India (pray) and can’t wait to find out what's in store in Indonesia (love). Grab a copy plezzzz Insom...plezzzz. :wink :wink

Insom, gold nuggets (spiritual insight) abounds in this 334 (I'm only halfway) pager of a book. I hope you'll like it. The mix of her intelligence and wit is fascinating to me. Really, a brilliant, beautiful and funny read. This I must say :)

My very best to the "young men" in your life :-D

:-k Note to self:
- Enroll in Christian run yoga classes. Is there one?
- Locate Christian run, for lack of a better word, "Ashram" within 50 mile radius.
- When the monthly bill is fast approaching accompanied with much dreaded uneven estrogen and progesterone levels, remember what the greek guy with grey beard said, “You bear God within you” then refer to Romans 8:31 then by golly darn PMS can go fish!!!! :shock: :oops: :-D :-D

Insom, PMS is so disruptive to one's choice, happiness. Let's menopause already :-D :-D

Insomada

Abbs,

On Heath: I wasn't really a fan of his maybe because I haven't watched any of his films on the big screen. I watched his Patriot at random before and fell asleep. I was compelled to watch it again along with his other films upon knowing he passed away. It was only then I began to appreciate his talent and his being a Casanova as you said. Yes, it was so tragic and a waste life.

: “Freudians say that unhappiness is the inevitable result of the clash between our natural drives and civilization’s needs”. She went on, this time, basing the Yogis, “........... human discontent is a simple case of mistaken identity. We’re miserable because we think that we are mere individuals, alone with our fears and flaws and resentments and mortality. We wrongly believe that our limited little egos constitute our whole entire nature. We have failed to recognize our deeper divine character. We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there exist a supreme self, who is eternally at peace. That supreme self is our true identity, universal and divine".

The paragraph above bears great reality. The clash between our natural drives and civilization's needs are so apparent in us humans. Our instinct and the dictates of modern society propels us to achieve more and acquire earthly possessions. We think by doing such would bring us everlasting gratification. Yet at the end we come to realize they don’t. This is where stress, confusion and unhappiness come in.

"Most often we fail to recognize our deeper divine character"... For me, putting much stress on our spirituality true happiness is achieved. Take the case of those religious volunteer workers, priests and nuns for that matter. They devout their time and effort on people's welfare and we see and feel their inner happiness and contentment even if they don't have so much material possessions. And we envy them!

Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, pray and love. I'll take note of this in fact I my instinct tells me I've heard about this book. Maybe it was in Ophra. It was something like, Elizabeth battled to search her life through travelling. Amo bagan? I might again lose my concentration like what happened to me in the Thirteen Tale towards the end of the book. My mind was so engrossed with so many things. Hala I'll endeavour to have a copy of it. Thanks for inspiring me. I'll let you know when the book is in my possession.

Mahamok na yoga centres ngadi Abbs but I don't have time for that. I do my own yoga at home by lying down still with closed eyes while relaxation music is on and taking breaths in and out. But I do this randomly- at least.

PMS ????? Aguy, aguy, aguy gayod! PMS to me not only is unsettling but deters my happiness, ha ha ha. When these arrive my world turns upside down. All sorts of negative feelings surface, would then have a massage as my pacifier.