SALAMATI GAYUD MI (MIMI) ASTAN BINIG

joy.... happiness... blessings... graces... gratitude...
whatever u wanna call it! its the stuff that makes us smile and see the world in full color.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

SALAMATI GAYUD MI (MIMI) ASTAN BINIG

Unread post by Alibangbang »

"Que mala suerte" are words I overheard spoken in a whisper by a very pretty lady sitting next to me on the bus this morning as we inch our way across the bridge into Brooklyn, BB tunnel and into Manhattan. Yap, "mala suerte" indeed!

Today is typical of what I call my “Jonah Day” you know, when we're between a rock and a hard place. Thanks to traffic, came to work 45 minutes late and everything goes downhill from then on.

Despite circumstances, made a mental note to contact Binignit. His stay in NY is only until Thursday. I’m tied up tomorrow so we have to meet either today late pm, or very early Thursday morning. Gauging the traffic lately, today has to be the day.

Half past five and drizzling, he was standing at the corner of 52 St. and Madison Av. with my precious boxed luwag in hand. We decided to go for quick latte. Grande for him and tall for me. We talked, and talked and talked some more…little bit about the past, the present and the future, with kids’ stories mixed in between. 45 minutes went as fast as a wink… We had to break it up because I was expected back at the office.

Today is not mala suerte after all. On the contrary, thank God, I’m blessed twice.

K-Spy/Madz/Insom,

I’m now a proud owner of hand-delivered-2-long-handled-luwag. The scoop is made of luho, one handle is kayawan, and the other is coconut wood. Dili na gayod ako ma paso nan tilapsik nan mantika kon mag pereto ako nan isda.

Binig, it is well worth the wait. Please tell Bebot these will be put into good use. Again, thank you for your trouble. Ma parehas ini nan silhig na da nila ni Tatay astan Nanay nan pag kadi nan una na hangtod koman yadi pa kay pina-ang-gai ko gayod kay gikan sa gayod sa ato. No one can use it but me. :-D Lipayi an mga bata sa luwag kay giant back-scratcher kono. Yeah Right! :-D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MI,

YOU ARE MY SECOND BLESSING. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH..YOU BLOW ME AWAY COMPLETELY. SO DEEPLY TOUCH I CRIED.

This meant so much to me more than you’ll ever know. As to what you said, DITTO.

For this sentimental little old lady, this surely is a keeper. It’s hanging at the mantel right now then after, it will be wrapped with acid free paper straight to my “paala-ala box” These are the 4 best of all best of butterflies in the world. :)

Mi, salamati gayod. Your kindness, thoughtfulness and friendship is highly valued and greatly appreciated.

Hugs and kisses to the kids.

Guys, with friends like you, all of you, come hell or high water, life is wonderful. :D :D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

Abbs,

I can sincerely feel the depth of your emotion when Binignit handed you the luwag that was worthy of a long wait. I know for us living so distant away from home, to receive such a very rare thing especially if it comes from Tago/Philippines for that matter would evoke indescribable feeling. I'm sure you will treasure it so much that only the luwag's longevity will determine its place in your mantel & heart.

Wait til another surprise would just pop right into your mailbox from someone you haven’t heard and seen for a long time….. Amo baya na yangayo nan address mo sa ako hah.