Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, Alibangbang

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

TAGOSDS.ORG Unveils "A Glossary of Archaic Tinagon-on

Unread post by BONSAL »

TAGOSDS.ORG Unveils "A Glossary of Archaic Tinagon-on"

Tagosds.Org has unveiled what it claims is the first written glossary of archaic tinagon-on.

The glossary which contains more than 500 terms and expressions was developed through the collaborative efforts of the Tagon-on bloggers. It was compiled by alibangbang- a US-based Tagon-on- and edited by kampanaryo_spy. The site’s forum also provides the mechanism in bringing together the archaic terms.

Click here to view the Glossary:
http://www.tagosds.org/archaic.html

mimi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by mimi »

hi spy and abb! kadamoi ko baya na wara hibaw-i na lawom na tinagon-on. i always thought lay-ob an "to broil something like cassava or camote", yaton pa say baya "hawob". i've learned a lot today :)

thanks for coming up with something like this.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

mimi,

sakto kaw gayud mi. ako isab maarang na inkahibaw-an. naman we continue using them, bisan archaic na kon tawagon. while language should be dynamic and not static, we should not allow words to be lost in the process of linguistic evolution. (wow, ga lecture!) di ba mi, pareho nan Latin na bisan considered dead language na, still it remains to be helpful especially when analyzing the meaning of words kay kadaghanan root words Latin sa.

naman di ta gayud wad-on sa ato panumduman inin tanan, bug-os ato ipatik sa ato alimpatakan. haha
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

mimi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by mimi »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:mimi,

sakto kaw gayud mi. ako isab maarang na inkahibaw-an. naman we continue using them, bisan archaic na kon tawagon. while language should be dynamic and not static, we should not allow words to be lost in the process of linguistic evolution. (wow, ga lecture!) di ba mi, pareho nan Latin na bisan considered dead language na, still it remains to be helpful especially when analyzing the meaning of words kay kadaghanan root words Latin sa.

naman di ta gayud wad-on sa ato panumduman inin tanan, bug-os ato ipatik sa ato alimpatakan. haha

hi spy! koreki kaw.

how was the dinner you hosted for sibuling? pagpost na dayon kamo nan pics.

borag
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by borag »

BAGAN MAARANG AN KUWANG AN "TINGOG" HASTAN IBAN PA INKALIMTAN PAGBUTANG. PWEDE PA BA YAON KA DUGANGAN?

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Bon,
Wow.... thanks yaon nasa bayan Glossary. . .

K-Spy,
Thanks. . . . This is your brilliant idea in which I'm so happy to be a part of. This is something we and our children can enjoy in the years to come.

Mi,
Komusta? Missed you and Marti..... OO Mi saktohi. Ako isab arangi ko na himbaw-an astan inka dumduman nan pag compile ko nan inin mga words.

K-Spy excellent idea.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

borag,

sakto kaw arang an "inkalimtan." pero an tinuod wara kalimti, in edit gayud siya kay an agreement sa gud was just to get the archaic terms, yadton mga halawum na titiyabon na kumbaga "endangered" na kay wa na paggamita nan mga batan-on. naman balitaw glossary dakan an ato in-ngan instead na dictionary kay mga pinili da gayud na archaic terms, although i have to admit na yaoy yahilakip na dihaw archaic terms. anyway, as bonsal mentioned, work in progress sa ini, pasabut pwede dugangan every tme may mu butwa na halawum na titiyabon nganhi. like PANDAMHATAN (knowledge or knowhow) which is not included in the glossary.

thanks for pointing that out.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

mimi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by mimi »

Alibangbang wrote:Bon,
Wow.... thanks yaon nasa bayan Glossary. . .

K-Spy,
Thanks. . . . This is your brilliant idea in which I'm so happy to be a part of. This is something we and our children can enjoy in the years to come.

Mi,
Komusta? Missed you and Marti..... OO Mi saktohi. Ako isab arangi ko na himbaw-an astan inka dumduman nan pag compile ko nan inin mga words.

K-Spy excellent idea.

Hi Mana Abb! Ok da kami pero pareho kami ni Marti pagasip-on kuman. Ay-ay labadin ako o labi na kay damoi ko isab na pagaapas, ako an magreport sa klase this week and next...Bidoi ako kabii kay tagha da magminatay pagtyaho si Marti at 12:30 a.m., grabe gayud as in nothing could stop her. Inday unoy gayud yahitabo kaniya. Duda ko inping-utan nan ilong or inlabdan nan o or inday yauno siya. After 15 minutes na tinyahoay, inpukaw ko na gayud an yaya and automatic gayud dayon minpuyo ton ako anak. Grabe an power ni yaya pero yaluoy ako kay yapao, 2:30 am na yaturog balik si Marti. Kaina sab pag-uli ko nan lunchtime, sige na sab bisyo si Marti and we all agreed na minkaig na sa gayud dayon siya. Adi na sab si Mama pero kumusta bulaw, dili na moanad si Marti sa iya...maybe after several weeks pa :)

Kalamii taraw niyo ni hubby kuman kay kibali newlyweds :) Gaplano sa bagan anhi si Mana Cordaps na mokaton to visit Mana Elaine, daan magkita gayud siguro kamo.

Ay-ay Mana, warai pa agyud ako kalugar pag-upload and post nan ato pics. I really have to find time for this.

Himo na ako balik nan ako case analysis. Regards and take care.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Mi,

Adto ko tubaga inin imo post sa Events... "Home is where....." kay bagan sagrado ini na thread. Batukahay dakan ngadto. :wink:

See you there. . . :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

To Bon, K-spy, Alibangbang and all those who have contributed to make this glossary project possible, congratulations.

Madayaw ini kay makahinumdum isab kita nan mga tagon-on na lang-on ta, halawum gayud. My kids were wondering kay arang ko na-katawa nan inkabasan ko ini, especially the word "hingag".

Congratulations again and thanks for coming up with something like this.

kampanaryo_spy

abb,

i haven't done any final editing yet of the archaic terms, it was just a first pass. i was even surprised to discover that there are IDIOMS that were not part of the spreadsheet you sent me. or were they? in my excitement to have the glossary posted, i requested bon to do it, only to realize with dismay that haste really makes waste. maybe it's my curse that every time i open the ARCHAIC THREAD i always spot, almost immediately, my editorial lapses. grrrrr.....

good that bon inserted the IDIOMS because i forgot about them. guess i need to do another pass.

but first, let's make the list longer guys.

peace and love. always.

kampanaryo_spy

HURAMENTA/EQUIPAHE = tools/equipment
UTITI = to pick on (thus UNOY ABAY MO KA UTITI KANAKO translates to WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON ME?)

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Hi K-Spy,

An idioms yaon sa 2nd tab nan spreadsheet. :) Tan-awa. Kon wara let me know so I can resend the file.

Ini agaw na mga panultihon wara kay mahilakip sa final cut. Wara sila mo qualify na lumad? :)

Barang-gudan - (my version "no spring chicken") =P~

karetera - Road/Street

Huronat - to stretch

Hamatok -

BADS, (as is badung). Thank you. Hala basin sa ugaling may imo ikapuno.

MANA CORDAPS, MANA UHOT, GOLDEN EAGLE - basin may mo aligmaat pag butho na lumad ipatik para mahiponuponu ta sa lista. Madayaw mag pahingtaas ka lapsan an kahaba nan sinompay na sintoron ni K-Spy. :) :) (peace K-Spy peace)

K-SPY - uno mag sugod akon "addendum" file?

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Quaint

Unread post by Uhot »

Abb, salamat sa imo pagdapit. pero, basin kon may ganahan magkasukay nan ako mga sinuwat tapos makahilbad (pangudos nan lusa, kuto hastan kuyamad =P~ ) ... mas madayaw seguro .... welcome ... tanud banay ... gikinahanglan ang inyong tabang ... kay bisihay kita tanan ... dalikyat da lamang permi. pero, mo tampo da isab gihapon ako. Salamat sa yakabati ug yaminaw ug wiling manghinguto. :)
Stop, look and listen ... "Silence is golden!"

kampanaryo_spy

abb,

yes dear, we need an addendum and we know you'll do it, all for tagosds.org.

hurot archaic yaon imo impatik sa taas. mupatay kaw gayud. but do the translation of "HAMATOK" because i won't. hahahahaha

i check ko da. haven't noticed sa gud na more than one sheet baya an file. sorry.

thanks again.