A Pre-Nuptial Tribute to a Beauty Queen

Wedding annoucements will be posted here...

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

bubbles
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by bubbles »

K_ spy, ( re: PNP bet) referring to Jane Pareja ( daughter of Milagros Castaños and Sunday Pareja. beauty and brains isab.( morena na chinita)

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

yadi na an mga BEAUTY paga e-mail ni K-SPY for posting.

bambi medrado yu (mutya ng tago '97) and dinah patrimonio [mutya ng tago '98]

dinah patrimonio with the mainstay hosts of Mutya Ng Tago. Dinah wore a nice t'nalak Filipiniana Gown because it was the Centennial of Philippine Independence. It made her Best in Long Gown.
Last edited by cordapya on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Yaon ga black na gown na empire-cut an style, si SIBULING yaon MUTYA NA SUMOSUMO. :-D :-D
(Balitaw komedya koda. si K-SPY na an bahala mang label kanila)

right after the mutya ng tago '97 pageant: benben feliciano showing her tattooed back, en-en feliciano (mutya ng tago '97 4th runner up and benben's sister), the FAMOUS SIBULING, and bambi medrano yu, mutya nga tago '97.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

benben emailed me her response to the Tribute. She had registered but found it hard to post. Here goes ben-ben:

As I read this tribute I felt speechless. I’m having a mixed emotion and no words could express and describe how happy I am knowing that there’s someone out there who remembers and has even made an effort to write such a wonderful and touching tribute for me. It was indeed an unforgetable experience, my joining and winning THE SEARCH FOR MUTYA NG TAGO. Reading it made me go back to my younger days, the unforgettable chapter in my life. A FLASHBACK!! I was so young then, I didn’t even care whether I would lose or win the competition, just as long as I would have fun, enjoy it and meet new friends, and most importantly, to make my kababayans and my family proud of me. WHO COULD BE MORE PROUD THAN MY PARENTS?

It was like an advance birthday holiday for me. It made me reminisce the childish Benben 14 yrs. Ago. I was playful that I always fell asleep every rehearsal break and during pictorials.

I represented "THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNIT OF TAGO." I was very proud and happy coz they were very supportive all the way. I maybe so young then but I knew and very much aware of what I was into. Winning was not really my goal but just to make my family and friends proud of me and I was also curious of what it felt like to be onstage, watched and adored my thousands of people. In short, that was just an experience, that’s all. But when I saw and met my fellow candidates, they were so pretty, sexy and smart, and I thought what could a 14-yr old like me do in a competition like this? It became a challenge to me, I wanted to prove to myself and to everybody that a 14-yr old can also join such a prestigious beauty contest if only she had the courage and the confidence to compete. And I think I had proven my worth for I got the title.

I could still remember at that time while I was standing tall waiting for my turn to walk and to be called, I would just stare at my sister Vivian who was in front sitting on air, was so happy and proud of me and giving me a signal that I was doing okay and at the same time I was praying, praying so hard that God would give me more strength, courage and presence of mind to face thousands of people. while at the same time setting my mind and talking to myself that if it was my turn to be asked in the Question and Answer Portion, I would just think that as if I was just having conversation with kuya Rommel, like he just wanna ask me a question that I must answer. Indeed it was great help for I was able to answer smartly and directly. And I was lucky enough that the question I was able to pick wasn’t that hard to answer, even for a 14-yr old.

It was really my dream then to just stay home and take care of my husband and my children. And my mother was not also working at that time, she was just taking care of us, her family. So, it was her that came into my mind and I just referred to her. Thanks to my mama for the love and support she has given me, and I give tribute to the person who contributed a lot, supported me and really took care of me all through out the pageant, MY AUNTIE ABETH BOLONIA, who’s now with our almighty God. When I won, I realized that becoming a beauty queen is not just about having beauty and brain but also one must have a pure heart, faith in God and luck. Hehehehe...

WHAT A NICE BIRTHDAY GIFT, A DOUBLE CELEBRATION !!!

Becoming A MUTYA NG TAGO was a great and memorable experience for me. It made me a better person, build confidence and trust myself. I discovered my capacities, capabilities, talents. All this I owe to the people who made the pageant possible. I gained friends who have been with me until now. I wasn’t able to spend the rest of my childhood days in Tago but every time I went home on vacation, you guys really treated me well and warmly, welcoming me home labi na si Ate Emily. I could call it " palangga". And what’s nice is you always recognized me as your Mutya ng Tago and it’s been a pleasure to me.

So many memories linger in my mind now. Those happy memories during the pictorials, rehearsals and the moment I was crowned as the Mutya ng Tago, even the sad memories coz I remember my auntie Abeth who was with me and was very patient and understanding all through out the competition. And my Nanay Diday and Lola Pancing who were the proudest, whether I lost or won. I also witnessed the hardwork, sleepless nights and efforts the organizers exerted to come up with a very nice and prestigious beauty pageant just so the people have a happy 75th Araw ng Tago celebration.

And for this, I give credit to all your hardwork and patience to make it happen. Great job guys!! Thank you so much.

To Kuya Rommel, Ate Emily, Ate Didi, Kuya Nonon, Kuya Bobot and for those whose names I can no longer remember, my sincere gratitude. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the love, prayers, and patience you have given me and showed me. So with the values and virtues you taught me. You all have been so nice to me and to my family. Rest assured that my love , respect and the memories I had with you will remain forever. Again, From the bottom of my heart, Thank you so much.

To Kuya Rommel, who made this tribute, I feel so special and so happy that I have known someone who is so nice and true friend like you. You even remembered what I wore at the first rehearsal. Wow!! So amazing.. I know what you did for me during those intrigues and controversies after the pageant. You fought for me and what was true and right. I maybe silent and didn’t comment about it, as you know I was too young then that I can hardly even understand what’s really happening for what I just knew I did nothing and I won because I deserved it and I had proven it. And mostly, I wasn’t able to thank you but truly deep in my heart I was very happy and thankful for what you did. Thank you for being a part of my journey, you were one of those people who made me what I am now, A better, stronger and loving Benben. With all my heart, thank you and I love you kuya.

As I step into another chapter of my life , the values you’ve shown and shared to me will be my best weapon in whatever trials and challenges I will encounter in my married life. And for this I would like to invite you to join me and journey with me again on my very special day, my Wedding Day. Witness as I walk again but this time not in a catwalk anymore but in the center aisle and I will not be wearing a black gown anymore but a white and dainty bridal gown. I will be a beauty queen for the second time but this time I already have a king. Hehehehe and lest I forget , no more baby fats. That’s why wara gayud ako mangambisyon na ma-Best in Swimsuit. Hahahaha.. Maybe now pwede na. And the question you asked me during the final round will serve as the instrument and my inspiration to be a good mother and a wife to my future husband.

Again, Thank you so much and I really appreciate it. See you ...

With love and prayers,
Bernadette "Benben" Feliciano

[color=red][b]benben and her soon to be groom

benben and her would-be king
[/b][/color]
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Binignit
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Binignit »

Ay, ay ning, ag sa lamang kita mahinuklog nan imo mga inpanulti. Hapit dili ako makatuo na taga Tago kaw, pero lagi agaw protege sa kaw ni K-Spy, tuhuirs gayud. Hala, wish namo tanan na mag malipayon kaw sa imo bag-o na kinabuhi. Congratulations!

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

K-Spy, sin-o an mother ni Dinah Patrimonio, si Sophing Perez? Si Bambi kanin-o sa isab ini anak? :-D :-D

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

cordaps,

thanks for posting the pics.

yes, dinah is the youngest daughter of sofia perez who married felino patrimonio, emily's uncle.

bambi is the daughter of thelma medrano who is the daughter of anhin yo berog.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
Birthday: 01 May 1964

Unread post by sapaalaska »

ay ay kriminali isab an iya letter. makadumdum sa sab taraw ako nan ako beauty pageant days sa Cebu Normal.

*imesh
Devoted Member
Devoted Member
Birthday: 20 Sep 1980

Unread post by *imesh »

Kadumdum ako sa iya bagan 1st year ako adto or Grade 6.
yangita gaud ako kay xmpre entra sab si ate lalang (Imelda).
pagkakita ko sa iya laong ko kagwapa niya mudan si Carmina V.
ganahan gaud ako sa iya kay siya yadto pinaka bata sa ila human charming.Ü

Anyway, best wishes to our beauty queen :-({|=

The brave does not live forever, but the coward does not live at all

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

magkamukha

Unread post by SIBULING »

magkamukha kay sila nan iya banahun.

seattlelegalgirl
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by seattlelegalgirl »

Sibs,

Amo da sa kaw isab taraw isa sa mga beauty contestant ngad-on sa picture. Batai kaw tan-awon sanan gwapahi kaw gayud Ta. No kidding!

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

halayo

Unread post by SIBULING »

seatts,kadayawi ad on pamatian.Halayo da sa kanaman gwapahay taraw .Ayaw pagdudla kay yanggirabag an ilong.

Bigtuyuni kaw gayud.

sheilap
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by sheilap »

hi bernadette! Congratulations & best wishes!!! dugay na gayod wa kita magkita.. next time pag magbakasyon kaw mag-reunion da kita with our other classmates ;-)

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by pato »

kadomdom ako yadto na time kay soloista ako yadto. Panuway kay yabukog ako yadto nan bukog nan isda kay paksiw yadto an amo sud an pero kanta pa gihapon. :) :) :)

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

cordapya wrote:

Waaaawooooweeeee... who's that guy on blue brioni double breasted suit and Ferragamo shoes? Is that my idol Thomas Gibson?
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess