TINUY-AY FALLS REDUX!

Post your birthdays, weddings, burial, baptismal, community, etc. pictures here.

- You can upload pictures in this area.
- Maximum size allowed is 800x600.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

TINUY-AY FALLS REDUX!

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

The 7th Charter Day Celebration of Bislig City kicked off today via "Rediscover Tinuy-an Falls."

Activities included the Karawasan National Bike Fest that was participated in by members of the RP
Biking Team (for the Asean Games in Indonesia), bikers from Davao, Midsayap and other places.

I judged two other events: the Festive Raft Competition and the Tinuy-an Falls On-The-Spot-Painting Competition.

More than anything else, the event gave me another chance to take pictures of this much loved cascade.

Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

Above pics are Tinuy-an's first tier!
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

Image Image

"bill blass" kung "bill blass!"
toyang said i should pump iron soon! =P~
8-[

ms. baby maritess bitbit, the national bike fest
winner, herself a member of the phil. team.
in yellow is letty tan, the regional director of the
department of tourism-caraga.

some bike fest participants who are members of the RP Team.

the winner of the "On-the-Spot Tinuy-an Painting Contest" with his obra.

the winning "festive" gakit.
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

kampanaryo_spy

in adidas is fr. nestor climaco who was our chair.
a semi-tagon-on, he surprised me when he said
he knew me, and that we could be related on the
Orcullo side. my maternal lolo's middle name is
orcullo.

with him is, of course, dr. dodie salas who
headed the medical team.

a footbridge now connects you from this to that side!

the bathing area at the first tier!

there are at least 10 cottages now.

in full majesty!

VISIT TINUY-AN FALLS NOW. IT'S AWESOME!

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Marvelous pictures!!! L u s h and f a b u l o u s !!!

They categorized Caraga as one of the poorest in the region (for lack of industrial advancement at the moment 8-[ ) but surely, its natural resources are abundant and its beauty unsurpassed! :D

K-Spy, is that watercolor or, oil on canvass? Uno yaon kahoy na dakoi sa taas to-ug? :-D

Who's that very fine looking young man in hand painted (???) denim shorts and rubber ducky (aqua shoes)? =P~

What an enticement but where’s the food? =P~

Thank you very much for sharing.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote:K-Spy,

They categorized Caraga as one of the poorest in the region (for lack of industrial advancement at the moment 8-[ ) but surely, its natural resources are abundant and its beauty unsurpassed! :D

K-Spy, is that watercolor or, oil on canvass? Uno yaon kahoy na dakoi sa taas to-ug? :-D

Who's that very fine looking young man in hand painted (???) denim shorts and rubber ducky (aqua shoes)? =P~

abb,

amo kay. naman usahay an ibutad-an itud ako basta mag promote na nan tourism (which is considered the mother of all investments and jobs) kay there's this wish in me to preserve these wonders and keep them to ourselves.

that's watercolor. i vetoed the guideline for "just any medium" because it would take time for oil to dry. =P~

oo, toog yaon na kahoy. di ba arangi yaon sa tigao? one time ga field ako, ga baktas ako gikan sa crossng hangtud sa tigao kay way okasyon. basta lipayi ako kay arangin langgam na gahuni nan----si david, si david...... =P~

hahaha. the hand-painted levis got more attention than moi. yes, i do textile painting once in a blue moon, which is actually once every two years, right?

i didn't take pictures of the food pero gakalata isab an lechon, seafood, durian, lanzones, mangosteen, and rambutan.

but what caught my attention is what they call "lut" here. i don't usually eat "bebe" pero minka-on gayud ako kahapon just to taste it. very unique an pagkaluto asta an presentation. gee, now i have an idea what to write should the "doreen gamboa fernandez food writing contest" choose viand as its theme this year. =P~

"lut" is cooking "bebe na tinilang na daan" sa kawayan. the kawayan is first stuffed with "duwaw," then the garnished "bebe'' goes next before the bamboo container is sealed off with a bunch of lemon grass.

cooking "lut" requires "surgical skill" kay haw di ma timing, masunog an kawayan and there goes your "lut."

presentation of "lut" is done with a flourish. On the table is placed the heavily sooted kawayan, and then pagundahan nan sundang adesir laksi-on with matching kara-aka na amodan gabuak nan kawayan para i-koral. ako lugar wa nay pilok-pilok kay ya intriga unoy kinabdus nan inin kawayan na yagkadamulitsing! pagkapikas da gayud nan kawayan, sus yandalin dalin an mga "bebe."

matay abb, talagsaon an "lut na bebe." angkuti, hamuti, lamii!

later i realized that "lut" doesn't refer to "bebe" alone because someone brought another singed bamboo pole and said: hu, yadi nay isab lut na kasili. arangi sa baya na kasili ngad-on mismo sa kinahugan nan tinuy-an falls.

"lut," as i have concluded, does not refer to "bebe" or "kasili" but rather to the method in which the bebe or kasili is cooked!

sayang wara ko agaw yadto ka kodaki. ](*,)

one day, i'll try this in tago. or, are we doing this already?

sughac
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

good job

Unread post by sughac »

k_spy,

those shots are awesome. what made you surprised with Fr Nes, who doesnt know you, anyway? Fr. Nes is a nice guy , makilahonon siya nan mga taga ato. he's a down to earth priest and pretty decent.i wont be surprised if he made the first move to get acquainted. i remember, at one time, we got in the same boat from cebu to surigao. we dont know its other well before , maybe, if i'm not mistaken , it was one of those engagement that we crossed path. He walked by me and we started talking just like a long lost friend.You know how it feels like being awkward, talking to someone whom you think, you're not really into each other yet but felt like , he had known you much. i'm sure you felt the same way too.That's father nes, he's truly an awesome guy.
looks like those cottages and foot bridge are new. the last time i was there, it wasnt good. thx K-spy for your untiring updates of what's been goin on.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:
Alibangbang wrote:K-Spy,

abb,

amo kay. naman usahay an ibutad-an itud ako basta mag promote na nan tourism (which is considered the mother of all investments and jobs) kay there's this wish in me to preserve these wonders and keep them to ourselves.

that's watercolor. i vetoed the guideline for "just any medium" because it would take time for oil to dry. =P~

oo, toog yaon na kahoy. di ba arangi yaon sa tigao? one time ga field ako, ga baktas ako gikan sa crossng hangtud sa tigao kay way okasyon. basta lipayi ako kay arangin langgam na gahuni nan----si david, si david...... =P~

hahaha. the hand-painted levis got more attention than moi. yes, i do textile painting once in a blue moon, which is actually once every two years, right?

"lut" is cooking "bebe na tinilang na daan" sa kawayan. the kawayan is first stuffed with "duwaw," then the garnished "bebe'' goes next before the bamboo container is sealed off with a bunch of lemon grass.

cooking "lut" requires "surgical skill" kay haw di ma timing, masunog an kawayan and there goes your "lut."

presentation of "lut" is done with a flourish. On the table is placed the heavily sooted kawayan, and then pagundahan nan sundang adesir laksi-on with matching kara-aka na amodan gabuak nan kawayan para i-koral. ako lugar wa nay pilok-pilok kay ya intriga unoy kinabdus nan inin kawayan na yagkadamulitsing! pagkapikas da gayud nan kawayan, sus yandalin dalin an mga "bebe."

sayang wara ko agaw yadto ka kodaki. ](*,)

one day, i'll try this in tago. or, are we doing this already?

K-Spy,

Would've been surprised if you said the opposite. Naturalist that you are, I knew you'd want "certain" places left un-tampered with tourism. 8-[ BUT...

Excellent thinking! (Alexa's summer projects are still drying in the dining room. It’s been weeks!!! She finished them with layers upon layers of oil "just because", she said, then continued, "they didn't look right". ](*,)

----si david, si david......hahahaha… di baya kon tokmo? OO nan una pa yaon madamoi. Naman balitaw didto ga logging an familia nan kanhi mayor sa Tandag. Itom gud an kolor nan baybay sa tomoy nan tigao kay pono nan troso na yanag hangkopan ga tinandayay. :-D

Daan kay pagka talagsaon nan iton na posterior. Di kon basta basta =P~
Ballpark - 2, 2.5, 3 years.....hahaha it depends

Ayay patay sa isab kita ini. Kriminali iton duwaw astan tangad mo palami astan mo pahamot nan sud-an. K-Spy, dumdum kaw nan bibang? Aw ano adto ibid? Katilaw kaw? Kakaon ako nan una sa ilaya nan yanokot kami nan pahumay. Adobo na pina kaging nan duwaw. Ay yellow yellow sa adton color pero mahoti. Inday kon unoy lami kay wara ko sup-a diretso angkab, tun. Pero hamoti.

Kibali baya isab kamo sa Benihana astan Arirang na kan-anan. Ag naah mag iksibisyon ton kusinero nan kutsilyo ugsa kita kakaon. :-D

K-Spy, sus kadilikado kon way ga bantay nan "lut" sa pasong haw min agi lugar si Sarimanok aka Magaul haw paga tuk-ka (peck) an kayawan di pag si-ak inbis na bebe astan kasisi - - - si Malakas astan si Maganda an min butwa ayay unhon na? :-D

Sayang kodak moment yadto. ](*,) Sa sunod ayaw pag pa labya ha?

Wara bagan sa ato yaon na lotu. Basin ikaw an mag sugod.

Productive day. Learned two things from you today "lut" and "penekpekan". Thanks. Now, when oh when can I taste them? =P~
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

Kalami, kalami, kalamii iton mga mga hulagway sa taas. Thanks for posting Kamps. So picturesque! It's just like a meagre version of the famous Niagara Falls. Di ba didto kaw sa una Abbs?

Was so enchanted by those pics above but what thrilled me most was to see my classmate I haven't seen for 16 ??? years. Makalipay sa gayod ini na talan-awon. Wow Dodie hasn't changed much even the passing of time. The feeling was indescribable. Thanks gayod Kamps. Pag-uli ko impatugnan ko kan Hydie na kon ugaling makalipot sa Tago magkita gayod kami. Pero time dealt me no luck. Please kon magkita kamo utro extend my regards. Salamaters daan. May ako e storya sa imo Kamps….

kampanaryo_spy

Insomada wrote:
Was so enchanted by those pics above but what thrilled me most was to see my classmate I haven't seen for 16 ??? years.

Please kon magkita kamo utro extend my regards. Salamaters daan. May ako e storya sa imo Kamps….

insoms,

ikaw gayud dayon an ako inkadumduman paghikita ko kan dodie. naman ako gayud dayon si dodie impa plastar para kakodakan.

in lang-an ko gani siya nan ato site. inlang-an ko sab na yaon siya sa BLAST FROM THE PAST (Rayna-raynahan) na topic. mo log on da kuno siya.

hala i-asoy na aton gusto mo isaysay kanako. =P~

kampanaryo_spy

Re: good job

sughac wrote:k_spy,

those shots are awesome. what made you surprised with Fr Nes, who doesnt know you, anyway? Fr. Nes is a nice guy , makilahonon siya nan mga taga ato. he's a down to earth priest and pretty decent.i wont be surprised if he made the first move to get acquainted. i remember, at one time, we got in the same boat from cebu to surigao. we dont know its other well before , maybe, if i'm not mistaken , it was one of those engagement that we crossed path. He walked by me and we started talking just like a long lost friend.You know how it feels like being awkward, talking to someone whom you think, you're not really into each other yet but felt like , he had known you much.

sugz,

it's eerie but you have captured my exact sentiment. he said many nice things about me (my hosting skill and my manner of dressing) that made me blush crimson. hahaha

basta paga pahura-an niya an iya da na durian kay ga misa sa siya sa nearby barangay na ga pista. "tam-isi ini," laong niya, "kay bininditahan."

bungawi isab baya si fr. nes.....tagon-on gayud na abilidad.
=P~