- Maximum size allowed is 800x600.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: K-SPY FAVOR PLEASE. . . . .

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Palihug retokiha dakan inin gasunod kay an iban ya todong ko astan red eye :-D pero inin gasunod na duha dili ko ma tibug inday kon nga. Na hala...
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

abb,

MY GOODNESS! i regret not having pitched you the question before. because of the "Z" in his surname, i really wanted to ask you how is he related to former DFA Secretary Domingo Siazon!

When he became secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs, that was when I knew Domingo Siazon is the only DFA secretary who is a true technocrat because he rose from the ranks in the foreign service corps; the rest were presidential appointees.

Did you know that i took the FSO (foreign service officer) exam, one that is considered the toughest exam in the philippine bureacracy? i took the qualifying exam in davao (1998?); there were three other testing centers (manila, cebu, and cotabato). we were about 500 (almost a third of whom were second or third takers) in davao and i was one of 11 who advanced to the second phase of the hiring process. entire philippines bagan 300 plus dan min qualify sa second round.

i took the next level in cebu, at CCC. 14 da kami ka buok na ga take nan exam, isa si amor, first cousin ni japan from leyte who later became a lawyer.

three days an exam. NOSEBLEED! intawon si susie amoy maghatuday kanako nan snacks (value meal nan jollibee! :-D ). for the first two days of the exam, i was confident i would make it kay kasagsagan yadto nan enrolment nan Philippines sa WTO, demodo an exam ga revolve sa economic cooperation---AFTA, NAFTA, WTO, BIMP-EAGA---master ko kay very DTI.

sa language, i felt ok sab an performance ko. sa english we were made to compose three essays on topics na medyo lisud lisud. tapos inpahimo kami nan proposal about pre-departure education program for OFW. an Filipino an lisudi kay pagapahimo kamin official communique in Tagalog: gumawa ng isang liham para sa presidente ng italya na syang mag introduce sa yo bilang Consul ng Embahada ng Pilipinas. L-O-R-D!!!!!!!! lisudi na daan magtagalog, tapos in diplomatic format pan suwat!!!! pero 5% da an weight nan Filipino na subject.

an spanish (we were made to choose among french, japanese, and spanish) ako lang paga amo-amo because we were made to compose a 2-paragraph essay on the thing we did the week before. hahaha. muy bien!!!!

sus pagka third day kay World History sa, tapos 35% an weight. didto ako patya, history being my weakest suit. na kay an passing 80%, basta inluya ako. hahaha sayangi....

kon yaka pasar garo ako (may 3rd and final level na 3-day na interview sa manila....nosebleed!!!!), an entrant position ko VICE CONSUL, which is actually the diplomatic term for clerk...nyahahaha

bagan entire philippines upat dan yakalusot nan yadto. isa an anak ni mana meling luna na ga work na daan sa DFA. tapos that year, yaka pa mista si mana meling sa telaje, ka mana bina barrios. galaong siya na of the 4 who passed, duha kuno an taga DTI. i was not surprised kay DTI na DTI an exam.

the following year, sa luli arroyo (GMA's daughter) na dayon na batch. duha da sab sa luli an yakapasar entire philippines.

hibawo pa ako na kila ni lu si dingdong na brother ni domingo, gapalaban garo ako. wahahaha....joke.

mo otro garo ako pag take, tapos memorayison kon world almanac, galing kay di na ako mo qualify nan age requirement nan DFA.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

bagan entire philippines upat dan yakalusot nan yadto. isa an anak ni mana meling luna na ga work na daan sa DFA. tapos that year, yaka pa mista si mana meling sa telaje, ka mana bina barrios. galaong siya na of the 4 who passed, duha kuno an taga DTI. i was not surprised kay DTI na DTI an exam.

Kamps,

Mana Miling's son is now the Philippine Consul to Germany (???). I'll confirm this with Penguin08. He came to Aust last year and was fetched by Penguin08 at the airport, stayed in Brisbane on a spell before heading to Philippines. I was unable to join them at that time due to time constraint. He was only here for a stop over. He promised to come back here and hopefully Mana Miling will join him.

kampanaryo_spy

Insomada wrote:
Kamps,

Mana Miling's son is now the Philippine Consul to Germany (???).

basin senior officer. as far as i know, it's Armando B. Fernandez Jr. who's the Philippine Consul General to Germany.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Insomada

Unread post by Insomada »

Amo ba? Basin akon sayop, pardon me. I’ll ask Penguin08 or I’ll e-mail Mana Miling.

Grabe baya ka gruelling an inagihan mo sa exam. But you almost made it.

kampanaryo_spy

Insomada wrote:

Grabe baya ka gruelling an inagihan mo sa exam.
insoms,

malisuday gayud adto.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

kampanaryo_spy wrote:
abb,

MY GOODNESS! i regret not having pitched you the question before. because of the "Z" in his surname, i really wanted to ask you how is he related to former DFA Secretary Domingo Siazon!

When he became secretary of the Department of Foreign Affairs, that was when I knew Domingo Siazon is the only DFA secretary who is a true technocrat because he rose from the ranks in the foreign service corps; the rest were presidential appointees.

Did you know that i took the FSO (foreign service officer) exam, one that is considered the toughest exam in the philippine bureacracy? i took the qualifying exam in davao (1998?); there were three other testing centers (manila, cebu, and cotabato). we were about 500 (almost a third of whom were second or third takers) in davao and i was one of 11 who advanced to the second phase of the hiring process. entire philippines bagan 300 plus dan min qualify sa second round.

three days an exam. NOSEBLEED!

kon yaka pasar garo ako (may 3rd and final level na 3-day na interview sa manila....nosebleed!!!!), an entrant position ko VICE CONSUL, which is actually the diplomatic term for clerk...nyahahaha
K-Spy,

Wow… K-Spy, ayay kon ako daan ga hypothermia :x . Daan blackout an ako utok sa nerbeyos.

1998? Sus K-Spy kadayaw garo yadto kon parallel universe na kita (Nick Bantock Griffin? Sabine? :-D ) kay nan 1999 I saw him twice, July and December. Kaduha ako min-uli. I saw him sa Mla (gikan ako sa ato kay ga lubong kami kan anhin Tatay) kay attendee siya nan B-D party nan father in Lu. Lu and Alexa were there too kay min lupog sila si Karlo intawon yabilin in NY with Sylvia, our wonderful live-in Mexican babysitter.

Saw him again in December kay diton sa kami ga celebrate nan millennium. May kataw-anan kay nan sa reception, during cocktail hour inin si Karlo (2 years 8 months) ga barong. Tapos inin si Huling na paga assigned ni Mommy kan karlo na yaya paga pa dagan-dagan si Karlo sa hallway ga sunod ako kay cutiehay kodakan kay gabarong sa taraw siya. Iton si Mang Doming (this could get a little tricky because we refer to him as Mang Doming but we address him as Mang Junior) ga sugat sila ni karlo sa hallway. Inin si Ambassador medyo bow-legged gamay barely noticeable. Pag sugat nila break an dagan ni Karlo almost sa iya tuhod haw min hangad. Kodak moment!!!. As soon as I’ll find that picture I’ll share it with you.

Dakoe an respito ko nan ini na tao. Once he was asked, what it takes to be a good foreign service officer laong niya, ini amoy sabot ko --- if one’s goal is to become a “career (I’m adding high ranking) diplomat” kinahanglan may, kon sa ato pa, in short, may ikaboga. Kay kon appointed nan let’s say presidente, pag change nan administration, recall isab sila. Siya bagan an second longest serving Minister of Foreign Affairs or DFA Secretary (sorry it's hard to keep up with these titles :-D) he served under two Presidents (Ramos and Estrada). The longest was of course, Carlos P. Romulo who served under many presidents including F.E.M. dili ko kalimtan kay an ako very first passport issued in 1979 may gold seal na round with stamp nan iya ngan signature next to it. And I can’t forget the story Mr. Harold Sachs told me that when Carlos P. Romulo was asked at the UN gathering jokingly, “How do you feel?"- - - being a man of smallest stature in the group, Romulo answered, “I feel like a DIME surrounded by NICKELS”. :D :D :D I laughed and said to Mr. Sachs.... now they know…no one, under any circumstances, should under estimate a Filipino. :-D :-D

I don’t think he was implicated with anything pagka hugno ni Erap. Was he? Bisan ga ilis-ilis nan Presidente an Pilipinas he still holds a job at ambassadorial level, so he must know and excellent at what he does. And he's principled.

K-Spy, we see him at least ka isa sa isa ka tuig kay every October kay way palta mo attend sa siya nan b-d nan iya mom. If I have your permission and if the timing is right, I’ll bring this up in a conversation, next I see him. The exam. If okay with you? :-D
Last edited by Alibangbang on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Hi Insom...

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote:k_spy,

I’ll bring this up in a conversation, next I see him. The exam. If okay with you? :-D

no, it's not. so, please don't.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy,

Yes sir... your wish is my command. :-D
You know I've always got you covered. Ikaw pa. I'm at your service.... ALWAYS :-D

Have a great weekend.

Oh...K-Spy, et, al....in 4 days we'll march to the polls to elect the next president. Please help pray that the best qualified to lead this country wins. :wink :wink

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote:Please help pray that the best qualified to lead this country wins. :wink :wink
abb,

i trust you guys to vote into office the best qualified person to lead the world's greatest nation. think of the butterfly effect. after all america is so much a part of our lives that when it sneezes, we get colds.

good luck.