- You can upload pictures in this area.
- Maximum size allowed is 800x600.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

A Surprise "Ring" from Sapaalaska.....

Unread post by Insomada »

Ring, ring, ring....Good afternoon this is Insomada..... (not mentioning the company's name as Insomada normally receives internal calls.

Person on the other line: Hello I just want to inquire about the project....

Insomada: What do you want to know about the project? (Insomada
found the inquiry very strange)

Person on the other line: Ha, ha, ha, talahi --- si Sapaalaska ini.

Insomada: Bigtoyon kaw, akala ko kon sin-o.

An there went the exchanges of chikahan....ambaya mangutana da baya nan Hotcake na Yellow. Wara naa tan-awa na may bawos na ni Insomada sa e-mail ni Sapaalaska about the hotcake.

That was a bloody good surprise for Insomada coming from Sapaalaska.

....and that was the end of the story......

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
Birthday: 01 May 1964

Unread post by sapaalaska »

talahi sa kaw gayud.. adoy may imo kay talent sa script writing.... salamat sa hotcake pero wara pa ako makahimo kuman na sabado...salamatir....

Insomada

Saba mo kay sunod ko pagluto ako na gayod measure ron. ug tawagan ta kaw dayon. Kaya an ngan kanako nan partner ko si "Maniubra" kay listohe sa ako magretoke nan recipe.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

insoms,

amo gayud yaon an pinoy, dili magsagimano to put everything in writing. naman we lose the best recipes of our generation kay waray ato culture of keeping records.

hinoon cooking is an art sa, pero we should elevate it to the level of science by coming up with recipe that has exact measurement and all. naman an ato luto, usahay lami, usahay sab dili. on the other hand, yaon sab sa "pa-tsam" technique and thrill. as in: pa tsamba-tsamba!!!

naman ako, graben usik ko pag evolve ko nan recipe nan choco gulaman ni mama. believe it or not, yaka abot ako nan 15 recipes before i was able to get mama's perfect blend. buslot lagin bulsa ko, but it was worth
it. to die for isab.....

naman kita, we should make it a point to write down our recipes for future generations. at least, di naw guesswork on their part pag abot nan panahon na sila nay isab interesado sa kusina.
[b]
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Insomada

K_Spy,

"Pa-tsam".... am fascianted by this word, ha, ha, ha.

I totally agree with you K_spy but haven't you known that even some of the finest chefs in the world don't totally submit to the most famous words "perfect measurement?" That's what I do in cooking sometimes aside from the fact that I am fond of making retoke especially in this recipe-Yellow Hotcake. Balitaw anay uno ko gayod na haod dili gayod mahaod an texture nan hotcake pareho nan sa Tago and I suspect its because of the flour. Amo da nan mabog-at an ila flour ngadi. Given this circumstance I manage to cook the hotcake my way---modified.... and garner a result which is palatable to the tounge - the most important thing, di ba?

As to elevating the art of cooking to science.... you got me there K_Spy, worthtaking suggestion for the future generation's sake, to borrow your words not to make them have guesswork.

Olala, olala, hala birrraaaahhhhh----magluto na kitaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!