Cancer Update

Workouts dos and don’ts. Eating healthy.
Because health is wealth.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, Insomada

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Cancer Update

Unread post by Insomada »

CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS HOSPITAL, USA

Useful Information on one of the deadliest diseases of our time: CANCER

(PLEASE READ AND SHARE WITH PEOPLE YOU CARE ABOUT)

1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not
show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion.

When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in
their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect
the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than
10 times in a person's lifetime.

3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be
destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumours.

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple
nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental,
food and lifestyle factors.

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and
including supplements will strengthen the immune system.

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and
also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone
marrow,gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like
liver,kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages
healthy cells, tissues and organs.

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce
tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not
result in more tumor destruction.

9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation
the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person
can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become
resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to
spread to other sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not
feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

CANCER CELLS FEED ON:

a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting of sugar it cuts off one important food supply
to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal,Spoonful, etc are made
with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey
or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added salt.

b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract.
Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened
soya milk cancer cells are being starved.

c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic
and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also
contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites,
which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.

d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains,seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times aday. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine.Green tea is a better
alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified
water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled
water is acidic, avoid it.

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive
enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrefied and
leads to more toxic buildup.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or
eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of
cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer
cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence,Essiac,
anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own
killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are
known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal
method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and
positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger,
unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic
environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to
relax and enjoy life.

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising
daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular
level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

in short, insoms, we're better off dead. =P~

my stand is: ok, you follow all these things,
then you'll die baya of plane crash! =P~

a life of moderation is still the best, but it's
easier said than done. besides if we don't
consume those foods you mentioned, then
what will happen to the world economy?

just thinking aloud. =P~
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

studies are in consistent

Unread post by manday »

Studies are inconsistent and I would say it is sometimes unreliable (in my own personal opinion) - for the moment it is true because they have these findings but in the near future they will find something new which supersedes the previous findings: take a look with our favorite coffee - it had/has been said that it has its harmful effect ( as stimulant) to the human body but recent studies have shown that it has its therapeutic effect in our body system (as antioxidant, diuretic and more) and we are encouraged to drink cups of it.

Just an insight with what I have observed and read. I am also thinking aloud so I can my share my thoughts about these so many studies and findings that spurt in health articles...and I have also my share of doubts...

Insomada

K-Spy & Manday,

I knew this post would elicit sundry reactions/opinions. Yes, mine is in accordance with yours. Like you Kamps (mas masayon type pon an Kamps kaysa K-Spy) my first utterance was "we're better off dead" if that's the case. But bear in mind that the above info talks about food that could trigger cancer cells or cancer per se. I'm no health professional but to me the post carries a strong magnitude of info thus, is pretty much aimed at cancer patients. Meat is greatly emphasized as harmful to people with cancer much so if consumed in great quantity which I strongly agree especially meat coming from highly industrialized countries where they are growth hormone induced. Kanaman pagkadto namo sa Bajao kinaunay ko gayod nan manok na tinuwa for I knew the chicken was chemical free. Yet again, I believe, for myself to be deprived of the foods mentioned in the post apprehensive of the repercussion would put me in a very humdrum existence---not a life to live for.

On the other side, I adhere with you Manday that studies/researches sometimes do confuse us. Take the case of chocolates. In the olden times we were told that chocolates were harmful to people with heart problems. However, recent studies suggest that chocolates are good to the heart as chocolates have distinct facets that enable the arteries to function properly. Another example is the simple egg. We have a television show here entitled "What's god for you". In this show hosts present health info primarily based on studies/researches. One doctor was eating eggs for 2 consecutive weeks. After two weeks his cholesterol level was checked and found it unchanged. This has confused me considerably for I grew up on the notion that the allowable intake of egg in a week is only 1 or 2. I'm not sure if the theory I grew up with has been put to test or just a mere assumption and that the recent one supplants the previous one. Nevertheless, I do believe that research studies serve as our guiding principles and in the grand scheme of things accountability for our actions should still be our greatest personal responsibility. This is where again, taking/eating all the foods we want but in moderation appplies. Pero usahay lagi ag mosobra kay lamii sa lagi mokaon.

sughac
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Health, the least that i can think of !!

Unread post by sughac »

Good Health !! Who cares? I used to say that but things drastically changed when i got diagnosed with hypertension last January.It started out with just a headache which i thought a sinusitis or allergy brought about by the freezing cold winter. It was until two nights in a row that I got frantic when a severe headache crushed me in bed. Prodded with so much fear, I set up an appointment with a doctor the day after. And , BINGO!! I got a HYPERTENSION. The reading didnt give me enough reason to get panic (148/110), but never, ever in my life that i reached that mark. Then ,it dawned unto me that truly life begins at 40. My father (50) and my elder brother Herbert (46) both died of stroke.Just so you know they both died on April 14, its a day before our birthday( Dr. Boren & me ) Isn't it scary that it runs in the family. The doctor prescribed me 25mg Atenolol to be taken daily with a lengthy litany of the do's and dont's. The do's , i dont see any problem at all, but the dont's , its seemingly a gordian knot to me.And who can blame God for filling up this world with a wonderful variety of tasty and nourishing food. Eating is one of the most pleasurable thing to do.(if you disagree, you're not real "tupperware" ) However, these cravings that adds up life's pleasure, if misused can make us ill. To some, these may seem like an irreconcilable paradox but it is , what is it. For me,
1.) diet is a good thing to do, to quote K_spy, moderation is best. 2.) exercise- though it doesnt have to be overly taxing to be beneficial even a simple gardening would work.Another is walking, which probably the least expensive and most convenient way. It only requires one, a pair of shoes or slippers.3.) Enough sleep is essential to good health. Sleep loss reduces
the body's resistance to infection.In short, our body needs to be recharged, just like celfones,etc. 4.) A Good spiritual life above all. For details of it ,read the Bible. The Bible is filled with practical and down to earth instructions. It's a timeless book to address the ageless issues of life. Sad to say , only few take time to read and study it. Healthy people share one of life's greatest blessings.Besides, good health is also a will of God. Apostle Paul said , Dear friends, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you.(3John 2) Let' s take good care of our body as the temle of God( 1 Cor 3:16 ) so that God will be glorified in us.

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

So

Unread post by manday »

SO IN SHORT, PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

WELL SAID

Unread post by manday »

WELL SAID SUG AND IT IS GOOD TO KNOW YOUR SPIRITUALITY IN YOU.

Insomada

Sug,

Am so appreciative of you for sharing your story. I felt melancholic knowing that life has hit you hard at 40 due to a distinct condition that runs in your family. Amo kay isab kami Sug kay si Mama many years back had a stroke due to hypertension. Some members in our family are now showing signs of the disease and this is what we must be careful about. Don't ignore the do's and don'ts to stay well. Though I know you are capable of looking after yourself but the presence of someone special in your life (your wife specifically) would make a big difference in dealing with the situation.

On another note, like Manday what pleased me most was to know that your spirituality has now been put to action and voiced. Praise the Lord Sug. Well done.

Manday, komusta na kaw?
Last edited by Insomada on Sun May 20, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

I am just fine

Unread post by manday »

Insom I am just fine, with God's grace spring keeps me more up. I like the environment, flowers and trees are in bloomed so refreshing to the eyes.

sughac
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

thx

Unread post by sughac »

manday & insom,
thx for the compliment. We just had a meeting this afternoon with regards to the upcoming reunion here in LA.Hope you guys can come. Saps, seattlelegalgirl and judstump, definitely will come and that would make you the batch with the most attendance.