"Into the Wild" and "Into Thin Air"

Things you do at your leisure. Arts and crafts, pets and collections etc.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, Binignit

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

"Into the Wild" and "Into Thin Air"

Unread post by Alibangbang »

The excitement after meeting a dear old friend for dinner and a late order of espresso and tiramisu kept me up last night.

I scoured the shelf for something light to thumb through. Then, there side by side were my old copy of “Into the Wild” and “Into thin Air”. I grabbed “Into the Wild” and took it upstairs. It was 4 AM when I finally put it down and dozed off!

“Into the Wild” and “Into Thin Air” are non-fiction bestselling books by Jon Krakauer.

ITW - is a story of Christopher McCandless, who grew up in a wealthy suburb of D.C and died at age 24 in the wilderness of Alaska. This book offers a narrative of arresting force. Compelling and tragic! It’s been adapted into a movie directed by Sean Penn. It’s out on limited release now. I think nationwide release is 10/19. I can’t wait to see it.

ITA: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster – In this book the author write about the events leading up to his eventual decision to partake in an Everest expedition. It details his ascent on the mountain that turned catastrophic when eight climbers were killed and several others stranded by a fierce storm. The intensity of the tragedy is haunting and the graphic writing drives it home.

This too was adapted into a TV movie. I didn’t see the TV version, what we saw was the IMAX 3-D production done and presented by the people of The Liberty Science Center, co-sponsored by kodak and other major corporations presented at their Dome IMAX Theater. Sad to say I missed almost half of it because I had my eyes closed. I was, excuse my French, scared shitless hayabi tan-awon amoda kitan madabas. My daughter who was maybe 9 or 10 then said she was so scared she almost threw up. My son said, yeah… I wanna see that again as for my husband, he got dizzy too.

Guys if you have outdoorsy, adventurous nature in you, I highly recommend these non-fiction books.

K-Spy, most likely you've read these otherwise, say the word and I’ll be more than happy to pass them to you. :)

Through these books, I've discovered the power of the human body when push to the limits, fueled with strong will and determination and the intoxicating beauty and wrath of mother nature. It's unfathomable.

YES...GOD IS AWESOME, GOD IS GREAT.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

Sigi Abbs we'll watch the movie. Thanks.

Sana dili ako katurogan ni classmate mo. Kay ag yaon maturog kon dili haw action an movie na pangitaon namo.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Insom,

Sik-hon mo hinay si Classmate tapos hagasi na alkanse sa bayad kon katogan da lamang niya. :-D diba pa imna nan espiso na capi para dili mag duka. :-D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess