DEAD POETS SOCIETY

Things you do at your leisure. Arts and crafts, pets and collections etc.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, Binignit

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

DEAD POETS SOCIETY

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

I was in Davao recently and bought three titles (original copies at PhP 75 each!!!) including one of my all time favorite movies---DEAD POETS SOCIETY!

After almost 20 years when i first watched the movie, it still enthralled me. It's a must-see movie not only for the powerful acting of Robin Williams and the very young Ethan Hawke, but also because it was beautifully shot and directed by Peter Weir.

Already i've watched it twice, and am sure it will keep my DVD player spinning for at least three months.

"Carpe diem!" even if "only in his dreams can a man be truly free!" :roll
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

COLETZ
Co-Administrator & Editor
Birthday: 23 Jun 1982

Re: DEAD POETS SOCIETY

Unread post by COLETZ »

K-Spy same here. Watched the movie twice already both on HBO way back. It is at par for me with "The Green Mile" movie in my Favorite Movies Category.
" In Life, God doesn't give you the people you want; instead, He gives you the people you need; to teach you, to hurt you, and to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be... SMILE! For, Life will always be, B-E-A-Utiful. "

kampanaryo_spy

COLETZ wrote:K-Spy same here. Watched the movie twice already both on HBO way back. It is at par for me with "The Green Mile" movie in my Favorite Movies Category.

coletz,

so happy to know you lurve DEAD POETS SOCIETY. there's a big chance you will also like another favorite of mine---THE EMPEROR'S CLUB. check it out and tell me what you think. :-D

by the way, i recently watched INTO THE WILD, a film directed by sean penn. it's very good---hurot da istorya! :roll it's a modern day catcher on the rye, for me at least. :-)

"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

COLETZ
Birthday: 23 Jun 1982

Unread post by COLETZ »

Spy, I've also seen the Emperor's Club, it's really good too. I've always liked Kevin Kline, and the story's plot, him being an idealistic teacher trying to change an incorrigible student, makes the movie worth watching. Since we're on the school drama genre, you might wanna catch Scent of a Woman with Al Pacino as the lead starrer. One of my favorites too. :)

Haven't seen Sean Penn's movie yet but will find time to watch it anytime soon. Thanks for sharing! I've enjoyed reading Catcher in the Rye, so maybe I might enjoy watching this one as well. ;)
" In Life, God doesn't give you the people you want; instead, He gives you the people you need; to teach you, to hurt you, and to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be... SMILE! For, Life will always be, B-E-A-Utiful. "

kampanaryo_spy

aw oo, sa tango sequence pa daan ulam na! :roll