abb, this post is for you

Tago's secret jewels and distinct voice.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

abb, this post is for you

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

abb,

my recent trip was not actually in manila but in antipolo, specifically the meralco management and leadership development center. it's i think a 10-hectare spread speckled with beautiful structures with world class facilities (internet is available at the lobby for free), an aviary with exotic birds, and a helipad among others.

what's interesting is that meralco has preserved old things. there's this century old train (?) inside its souvenir shop. humungous framed shots of old newspapers, print ads of electric iron and fridge hung on the walls. the old meralco posts are also utilized to enhance floral vignettes scattered all around. and fiberglass (?) sculptures (?) are strategically placed on the uneven but well manicured lawn. beautiful!

basta abb, it was a nice experience, something that fed my soul. but sadly, i didn't have much time to take pictures because our sked was hectic. naman medyo "uninspired" an mga shots ko.

the famous MERALCO SPIRIT as sculpted by the equally famous imply pilapil.

an art piece i want a local 'tinsmith' to copy. haha
the only bird shot that survived.

(i'll post the other pics haw di na mag manya inin sigbinan na imageshack.)
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

You humbled me by this post. Salamater gayod. Inspired or uninspired, no one gives a hoot. :-D This is well worth feasting for.

Who else can depict the Meralco Spirit as glorious, generous and graceful dancing praying mantes but Imply Pilapil. :) This looks like stainless steel including the plinth right?

Ayay paga uno kaha niya pag manipulate an stainless steel amo? Did the Meralco exhibit include some of her glass pieces? Very practical choice isab an stainless steel kay para immune to rusting and ordinary corrosion. The thought she must have put into each of her project. Wow!!!

Diba may iya sculpture titled "Asean Sparkle" bagan yadto. I remember seeing it sa Cultural Center complex, yaon pa yaka display koman? Dugayi na yadto but I won't forget because Lu insisted he'd drive us (me & him) to meet some of his college friends at some place for a drink and we got lost, we ended up at the cultural center complex. Lucky for me, I saw a magnificent work of art. :-D

The second picture - - what I can perceived as the Peruvian mysterious Nazca lines in miniature, complete with the sun, the moon and marching mesmerized aliens that’s perhaps drawn to some mysterious black holes? Beautiful gayod. Yes, art truly does feed the soul.

This is awesome pictures K-Spy. Thanks very much for sharing

Nan didto taraw kami sa Villa Escudero few years back. My in-laws were invited as "personal" overnite guests with full access to "everything" in the property except the "private" living quarters of the Escuderos. I spent most of my time sa ila isab Private Museum. Housing their largest collections of religious art, consisting of silver altars, gilded carrozas, ivory headed saints and other important pieces dating Spanish times. Their collection is a rich testimony to the artistry and piety of FILIPINOS. There were antique oriental ceramics, costumes, dioramas of Philippine wildlife and ethnography plus may mga rare coins and all sorts of furniture. For a poor promdi like me, it truly was an eclectic experience. [b]

I'm thankful for these fabulously wealthy families who are so kind, generous and willing to share their collections/blessing to others.

Again K-Spy thanks so much for sharing...
[/b]
Last edited by Alibangbang on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

abb,

you're correct, it's stainless steel. what i wanna see is the glass paintings of impy. inday lagi haw iya isab yadton mga carved fiberglass. or kan ramon orlina. pero i doubt kay grabe pa sa isab na inpangkanat lang lugar na kamahali nan orlina, much more an pilapil, right?

they're really beautiful.

amo day gayud yaon inspiration ko na malangyaw kay mangaplay dayon ako na janitor sa museum para ako katuyangan. any from the hermitage, louvre, met and smithsonian won't be bad. hahahaha

another beautiful wallwork. i read about this in a mag feature years back. this is located at the entrance of their resto.

details of the wallwork.

the beautifully carved fiberglass near the "shrine."
another sculpted fiberglass.

the unique "ikot" jeep. very pinoy. ahluvit!

the residence hall where we stayed. anhi an mga shots of old manila na baya dingding kadagko.

Image Image
this is the first Meralco train or bus ba adto, not sure. pero train siguro kay yaka mount sa siya sa authentic and old railway. hahaha

a floral vignette below the stairs of the residence hall. the arc is made of old chopped meralco posts.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy,

Thank you. . . .

kamahali nan orlina, much more an pilapil, right? I think pieces crafted by such caliber as Pilapil and Orlina are justified to demand mega deneros. :-D Dili maabot unless one is fabulously wealthy (Lopezes among them) or mga corporations kay ayay sure investment kay iton isab.

I remember reading an art magazine where a famous artist was quoted saying, “I do not recognize the limits where painting ends and sculpture begins” then he proceeded to say “many wealthy individuals who wants to remain anonymous will go all the way to acquire pieces of art from gifted artists. Money is not an object. If they set their eyes on the piece, sky’s the limit”.

Remember the Sunflowers by Van Gogh? He never sold a single painting for a decent amount of money when he was alive. He kept crying to his brother Theo for money. He was labeled crazy but, in 1987 his still life: “Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers” at auction, sold to a Japanese insurance magnate for record breaking 40 million Dollars. Now that’s mega dose dough for a 93X72 cm piece of canvas!!! High profile painting like this, the value only goes higher and higher and higher.

When it comes to artist with credentials like Pilapil and Orlina - filipino art geniuses not just in the Philippines but to international community, their collections are a win, win situation. Artist like them can name their price without their clients batting an eyelash. Beauty and magnificence aside, their creations will only appreciate in value for years to come.

pero i doubt kay grabe pa sa isab na inpangkanat lang lugar - - oo agaw... pero yaon ka Lopez seguro an original tapos with the artist permission in pa repro tapos an repro amoy paga open display outdoors for the public to see. What do you think?

amo day gayud yaon inspiration ko na malangyaw kay mangaplay dayon ako na janitor sa museum para ako katuyangan. any from the hermitage, louvre, met and smithsonian won't be bad. Hahahaha ---- hala andama nan imo credentials and clearances kay mag iban kita. :-D Pero, duda ko, position nan janitor or cleaning lady, ngad-on na mga lugar, volunteer or salaried, has a long waiting list hahaha tapos basin required pan Phd in art history hahahah.

Yadton art na ganahan mo ipakopya kinahanglan nan written permission? Kay ngadi kon waray permission puydi pero it will not be exactly the same. Sus lami kay pag uli ta sa bay puydi da ato tutukan ma wa san kapoy hahaha. Yadi sab ko certified repros nan mga favorite classical paintings (I lean more towards 18th and 19th century pieces). Yaoy taraw ako duha ni Fernando Amorsolo of course repro paga commission ko ngaton an Artist’s gallery sa Mabini (Mla dili kon Cebu) I love Amorsolo’s work kay hapit tanan an setting rural Philippine landscape sa gayod. Yanag tanum, palid, balsa nan humay, kabaw provencia sa gayod, it hit so close to home. Great constant reminder na ako ay isang promdi. :-D

NEW PICTURES –

Uno sa ini welded metal with thin rods and plates of what? It looks simultaneously delicate and strong. Uno sa na metal ini K-Spy? It’s reddish so I can only surmise copper? Or is it aluminum? Tin? My frontal afar impression of it is like a peacock’s tail half resting.

Alexa said “it looks like one of the pokemon, Dialga, or could be a dinasaur fossel”. Her opinion on the close up picture: “looks like a turtle hiding underneath floating seaweed.” Here's her questions to you, "Tito who made it how'd he do it"

Karlo said, “it looks like a giant tree roots under the earth that I studied in science class” His opinion on the close up picture: “looks like heap of dried leaves, twigs and tree skins in the yard that we clean in the fall”

hahahah… There…. another beauty of art, subtext - open to thousand and one interpretations. But the unanimous decision is “IT’S BEAUTIFUL”.

The fiberglass both kids agreed these are crystal triforce from the Legend of Zelda. Laong ko “no these are puzzle pieces of stairway to heaven” hahaha….

Thanks very much K-Spy for sharing otherwise, we would not have seen these. We all had fun looking and discussing the pictures.

Hala kay mag degamo na ako para tapos mag duwa sila sa gawas kay ga noreaster kami maybe there’s 3 to 4 inches of ice and snow in the yard.

Thanks again for sharing we really enjoyed it.
Last edited by Alibangbang on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

thanks tito... it's us alexa and karlo. we think it's bronze

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Bonsal.... :-D Bon, ako paga isa isa pag sunod an imo instructions on "Steps on how...." Yaka post na gayod nan picture.... hahaha.. K-Spy yaka lusot si ala Amorsolo hahaha...

astan si ala Jean-Hanore Fragonard. :-D

Bonsal/K-Spy- kalag-koe nan inin ako post?
Matay claro na kuwang sa focus hahaha (ako style point and shot sa gud). Bon/Spy, uno san setting ko dapat? "Museum"? Ako in set sa "Indoor" pero karauti. An shine nan oil sa corner nan "Stolen Kiss" yakig-away sa flush. Madayaw pan dust magnified 1000Xs sa scanner na way gamit2X) :-D :-$ :-$

Unhon pag resize Bon? Sorry ka ligtim nan inin ako trabaho. Sege lang kay testing ini. An iyo mga crystal clear sa gayod guwapohi. Diretso yaon iyo post gikan sa memory card? Mag overtime ako, estudyohan ko inin yatis na camera kay ya inspired gayod ako nan iyo mga pictures ngadto sa hobby thread. :) Thanks guys...
Last edited by Alibangbang on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:38 am, edited 7 times in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy- - - nan Domingo nan hapon an mga bata yang hanap nan "art" (nature's made) sa icy slippery deck luyo nan bay. Yadin ila hin kit-an share sab nila sa iyo hahaha...

Karlo -title "demented yummy frosted donut"

Alexa - title kono "Law of Physics" Ice that started at 4 inches thick tapos ga hinayhinay pag melt then gravity took over. The temp dropped below freezing so it was in this position for 24 hours before it flop into the deck floor.

kampanaryo_spy

wow-wow-wow abb......speechless ako.

are these the amorsolo repros you said? it's amorsolo's lush brushstrokes actually that make his paintings of country (frontier?) women breathtaking.

hibawo kaw na si eula valdez apo baya ni amorsolo? kon hibawo pa daan kuno siya iya paga pangawat adton mga painting sa una.

abb, sue me, but i like better bencab's women than amorsolo's. inday nanga. i too love the women of malang---with their exaggeratedly long necks---pero sometimes they look like they leap directly from the pages of Aliwan komiks, you know what i mean? could it be the fact that malang was once a komiks illustrator?

ahhhh but it's the saprid women that i like best! go, surmise!

i like the shots. i would have titled it----THE MELTING NAVEL! hahah

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

Ay ay K-SPY pagkaguapo nan ini na mga paintings. May kan Tatay Iping kay painting ni Amorsolo (30"x37" size). Memorize kopa gayod an size kay ako an gapili nan iya frame. Worth a fortune na gayod yadto koman na mga pamahon. May kan Salameda painting pa ngani nan yadto. Pero gone nasa kay lakip sa yadto pagkasunog na yadton dako na bay. Sayang. Man ako mingawon kon makabisita ako sa gallery ni Nikki Coseteng, kay makadumdum sa ako. I cannot afford to buy on my own kay grabi nasa kamahal. Not to mention the antique Jars & vases. Pero sige lamang kay : Not to be meant to be mine. Kahim pa ni Auntie Vic.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.