There's no place like home

Tago's secret jewels and distinct voice.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Re: There's no place like home

Unread post by BONSAL »

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

- ronald e. Osborn

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

- ronald e. Osborn

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

- ronald e. Osborn

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

- ronald e. Osborn

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Thank you Bon for this "virtual tour". I'm seeing red from crying. THANKS for once again bringing Tago to us in a way that only a blue blooded Tagon-on can do. You made my day.

It's wonderful and agreeably stimulating to see vibrant, lush and green from my perch in drab forest of concrete, bricks and steel.
Last edited by Alibangbang on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

BONSAL wrote:Image
At the Fishpond in Sitio Kambatyag, Brgy. Mercedez
You two look great. :D

Bon, please educate me, hain ini? :-k

I've always thought I was born in "Kambatyag" or "Kambating" because I thought (more of assumed) that this was one and the same before the place was christened to what it is known today. All this time, did I get it entirely wrong? 8-[ :(

K-Spy, please enlighten me... history lesson please? :wink
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

COLETZ
Co-Administrator & Editor
Co-Administrator & Editor
Birthday: 23 Jun 1982

Unread post by COLETZ »

Hi mana ABB,

This was taken last year during our Holy week vacay. Dili ako lihiro nan geography nan Tago, pero an ako gayud kasaydan sugod pa sa una is Kambatyag ini siya tapos part nan Mercedes kuno. Actually, pag mangadtu kami, an amo agi ngadtu sa duma-duma, tapos gikan ngadtu magbaruto na dayun kami kay duolay dakan sa lugar.

Si K-spy dakan bahala nan history kay way bagan ako panghimangkaagan. :-)
" In Life, God doesn't give you the people you want; instead, He gives you the people you need; to teach you, to hurt you, and to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be... SMILE! For, Life will always be, B-E-A-Utiful. "

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by SIBULING »

Hi bon ,kalamii mag tan aw nan ato lugar .Mingawers na gayud ,as in ,mag upat na katuig wa ako kauli ,kanaman aringit na.

Puhon sa....malooy an Ginoo way kabilinggan.Hla bon ,hain pa an iban na kodak.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Alibangbang wrote: "Kambatyag" or "Kambating?"

abb&coletz,

aduy sorehi gayud kay way ako pandamhatan na yadi baya iyo pregunta isip tahas kanako.

for the record: kambatyag and kambating are two different places.

kambatyag, which is part of mercedes, is tago's version of napa valley---pauroy, sughac, etc. but that was the time when we were kids, when the whole area was not yet converted into fishponds. yadin amo mga silingan na magpapawud sanan magbibino, adto tanan an ila katunggan/sanihan sa Kambatyag. one of my frustrations kay wa gayud ako kakadto sa Kambatyag kay pagapinahan kami ni papa na haw mukadto kastigo de posporo an mahitabo kay muduot sa lagi nan suba.

kambating, of course, is where you were born, abb. dako an inlangkuban nan Kambating ngad-on sa Victoria kay abot sa ngani ini sa unahan nan yaon Cortes trader kuman. in fact the elders of tago, in defense of tago during the area boundary dispute with Tandag, had cited Kambating Creek as the true boundary of Tago and Tandag.

hope i was of help. :-D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

kampanaryo_spy wrote:
Alibangbang wrote: "Kambatyag" or "Kambating?"

abb&coletz,

aduy sorehi gayud kay way ako pandamhatan na yadi baya iyo pregunta isip tahas kanako.

for the record: kambatyag and kambating are two different places.

kambatyag, which is part of mercedes, is tago's version of napa valley---pauroy, sughac, etc. but that was the time when we were kids, when the whole area was not yet converted into fishponds. yadin amo mga silingan na magpapawud sanan magbibino, adto tanan an ila katunggan/sanihan sa Kambatyag. one of my frustrations kay wa gayud ako kakadto sa Kambatyag kay pagapinahan kami ni papa na haw mukadto kastigo de posporo an mahitabo kay muduot sa lagi nan suba.

kambating, of course, is where you were born, abb. dako an inlangkuban nan Kambating ngad-on sa Victoria kay abot sa ngani ini sa unahan nan yaon Cortes trader kuman. in fact the elders of tago, in defense of tago during the area boundary dispute with Tandag, had cited Kambating Creek as the true boundary of Tago and Tandag.

hope i was of help. :-D
K-Spy,

Wow...I know more today than I did yesterday. Thank you. You are a walking, talking, breathing bundle of information. :D

Sege lang kay pohon kag iban kita sa Kambatyag akoy ulin. =P~

Uno san estorya nan Dapya, Tabon-tabon sanan Banakan isab?

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote:k_spy,

Uno san estorya nan Dapya, Tabon-tabon sanan Banakan isab?[/b] [/color]

ABB,

why not? pero lihiruhi sab ako mag ulin. taga sapa gud ako, di ba? yaon inulinan pa gayud na dili ibalhin-balhin an bugsay sa kaliwa astan sa tuo.

istorya nan dapya, tabon-tabon, banakan? yaon amoy wara ako kahibawo. pero may ako inkahibaw-an nan tabon tabon being part of a "sexual highway." :-D

a little geographical backgrounder:

HUBO ---barangay nan San Miguel
TABON-TABON ---barangay nan Tago
BABA --- barangay nan Agusan del Sur.

now in a linear fashion, connect the dots! :-D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

kampanaryo_spy wrote:
Alibangbang wrote:k_spy,

Uno san estorya nan Dapya, Tabon-tabon sanan Banakan isab?[/b] [/color]

ABB,

why not? pero lihiruhi sab ako mag ulin. taga sapa gud ako, di ba? yaon inulinan pa gayud na dili ibalhin-balhin an bugsay sa kaliwa astan sa tuo.

istorya nan dapya, tabon-tabon, banakan? yaon amoy wara ako kahibawo. pero may ako inkahibaw-an nan tabon tabon being part of a "sexual highway." :-D

a little geographical backgrounder:

HUBO ---barangay nan San Miguel
TABON-TABON ---barangay nan Tago
BABA --- barangay nan Agusan del Sur.

now in a linear fashion, connect the dots! :-D

K-Spy,

Basta pakadjawa lamang na an baroto dili mag toyok-toyok para dili kita mga lipong. :-D Uno mag da pa akon dramamine? :-D Bantay sa lamang kay ilista ko na ini sa ako
Things to do (with K-Spy) before I turn Forty :-D

Hahahahaha... bungawi kaw gayod na tao kaw.

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote:K-Spy,

Basta pakadjawa lamang na an baroto dili mag toyok-toyok para dili kita mga lipong. :-D Uno mag da pa akon dramamine? :-D Bantay sa lamang kay ilista ko na ini sa ako "Things to do" (with K-Spy) before I turn Forty :-D

Hahahahaha... bungawi kaw gayod na tao kaw.
wow, turumpo baya!

dramamine, bonamine, whatever! kabaka mo na abay da!

may babaye na sali mag HUBO, haw gapananaw nan way TABON-TABON. pag-abut gayud sa agusan del sur, adto inka B_B_han da gayud. :-D