TAGO...IN SEARCH OF A FESTIVAL

Tago's secret jewels and distinct voice.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Re: TAGO...IN SEARCH OF A FESTIVAL

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

badung wrote:K_spy,

kuman pa kay gayud ako kabati na puyde baya tuwahon an takla.
badz,

you're right and i stand corrected. messed up an memory ko nan takla, sorry. :-)

now i remember. ag baya yadto kuhaon ni quilito para amo duwaan tagad siya yanlukat nan alimango. amoy gayud yaon panghambug sa una na mama na malamii an alimango nan lapaz kay linukat. tia exal, her sister who lived in dasma, amoy gayud yaon tugon permi, "an alimango sa lapaz na linukat ni quilito."

thanks for refreshing may "takla" moment. :-D :-D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote: This is going to be a mouthful.

Now, this brings me to the bridge above where you stand K-Spy. Slice the width of that foot bridge in half, replace the matted bamboo planks with two skinny logs the size of malnourish lampposts, side by side fastened by abaca-braid, done by hand. Imagine the conjoined-sister-logs are now suspended midair upheld by bamboo poles. For railing, strips of joined (sinumpay---to make the lengh of the bridge) strong vines stripped off leaves, bound, the size of four fingers fused together. To reinforced the bridge, there were sets of bamboo poles planted along side it, and at the top of each pole, sits a wooden box to hold earthen jars (tadyaw) to catch rainwater. If it wasn't raining, the jars were kept covered with white, rim painted blue, "sartin" plates, to keep mosquitoes at bay. :-D Pero an tino-ud inday pila ka dusina an ako yainom na mosquito larvae. ](*,)

By now, you’re probably wondering where this is going. :-D The bridge, you see, is what connects the kitchen to the outhouse that rest on stilts few yards down below, but, the outhouse is standing at the same level as the kitchen. Yes, it was the shortcut, the skyway, the flyover to the kasilyasan. :-D

The house was built on a hillside. From the kitchen, the bridge started out at approximately 7 or 8 feet above ground (a noisy over populated wire-bamboo chicken coop was below the kitchen floor) but by the time the bridge extend to the outhouse, it almost doubled in depth. Suffice it to say that their outhouse, which only now I can honestly say, resembled an oil rig platform or a freestanding treehouse was the best feature of the house, at least, to me, that is. There was no tube leading to a hole in the ground so what happened to the waste material that exited one's bottom that the night before was roasted chicken on the dining table, was anyone's guess.

I like it there. The relatives lived "somewhat" inland. When we were there, we ate a lot of meat, chicken in particular. No electricity means no refrigeration. I don't recall us eating fresh fish. No takla, no alimango and NO nokos and kugita. (at the rate mollusks decompose, it will be liquid when it get there) Fish for sale were either iced over, eyes so red, deep into their sockets or salted (tinabal and daing).

What I enjoyed most was their living room lightly painted in yellowish/orange with dark wood furniture which, what seems to me, represented the inside color of gilagila papaya. And I mean it in a very nice way. :-D

I tell you :-D when it rained, I had to think twice making a deposit. :-D The twin logs were slippery as slimy eels when wet and the bagon railing sagged, rendered useless. More than once I found myself precariously dancing mixed steps of murderous tango/chacha in defiance of gravity to save dear life. :-D If only I could turn back time. :-({|=

abb,

that was quite a mouthful, i agree. and a VERY NICE MOUTHFUL at that!

my goodness! you bowled me over with excellent description and memory. this early, i declare: DAVID FORSTER WALLACE has already a successor! :roll :roll :roll

what impressive writing! pursue "our little secret;" am IMpatiently waiting.

THANKS for sharing those wonderful memories.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Really? You're so kind and generous. Thank you.

I'm not good at it. :cry: I'll leave this to the expert, the professional, so I'm patiently waiting for YOURS. :doubt: :shock
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

kampanaryo_spy wrote:
badung wrote:K_spy,

kuman pa kay gayud ako kabati na puyde baya tuwahon an takla.
badz,

you're right and i stand corrected. messed up an memory ko nan takla, sorry. :-)
badz,

i take it all back. :-D

kabii, sa amo eskina, tagad ga basa akon wedding invite ni atty. allen montenegro (october 12, 2008) that mana emie gave me earlier, min-abot an lolo ni atty. allen na si yo hindu. min ingkud tapad kanamo haw yakig istorya. batasan ko na gayud yaon na pag may hinuod na kaistorya ko, paiguon ko gayud na musimang an istorya ngadto sa ila mga kaagi naadi. mahaba an amo istorya, hangtud min-abot sa alimango ug takla.

yo hindu was into crabbing for 36 years, rising as early as 2:00 in the morning para manibaw nan iya mga panggal. min undang lang kuno siya pagka human tanan nan iya mga anak pagpangiskuyla kay wa na siya nila tuguti pagpangalimango.

"alo, lang-an ta kaw. waray sapa nganhi sa tago asta sa kailayhan na wara ko kakadto nan abay pangalimango." laong ni yo hindu kanako.

ug inkadumduman kon takla, ug ako siya in pangutana haw makaon ba. badz, laong ni yo hindu, makaon an takla. sumpay niya: "dihaw lang popular an takla na sud-an kay maarang sa lagi naadi na pasayan. tapos an probitso gayud nan takla, amoy ag himuon na pa-on sa panggal nan mga mangalimanguhay."

lamii kuno an takla sangagon. laong niya, an takla kuno ad-on gayud maghuya sa pisa sa kabakhawan. isa kuno na pamaagi pagkuha nan takla, amo lagi yadto, ag katihon. an isa, paganganlan niya nan "hilis." imo kuno igi-ud an imo siki sa pisa, haw hilison mo nan imo lapa-lapa (amo da lugar nan ga gi-ok nan humay) para manlakso an takla.

then he told me a great insight about takla. na kapamilya (ABS-CBN?) an takla nan pasayan astan uwabang. galahi lang siya tungod kay may iya duha ka kagat, na an isa mas dako. laong ni yo hindu, naman kuno mo takla kay an iya kagat na dako may lingin sa imabaw, tapos an sa ubos na kagat may lungag na gamay. pag tak-om kuno nan yaon amo na muboto or mo-takla kay mapuot san hangin. (inaay pa, bagan bali adton laong ni yo hindu. whatever. basta amo kuno yaon. :-) )

bagan yaka ginhawa akon mahalawum kay sakto gayud baya an ako memory nan takla. :-D

inlang-an ko si yo hindu nan imo laong nan mga takla na ag niyo mabaling naadi tapos ilabak. laong ni yo hindu basin kuno lain yadto na klase na takla.