Reflection and Prayer during the Lenten Period

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Reflection and Prayer during the Lenten Period

Unread post by Uhot »

"He leads me beside quiet waters." (Psalm 23:2)

If you've ever said to yourself, "I don't even have time to think," then you know how hard it is to concentrate when you're being bombarded from all sides. It's even harder to focus on God and His Word when we can't take time to renew our minds and refresh our spirits through quiet reflection. God doesn't often shout to get our attention. Instead, the Bible says that He speaks in "a still small voice" (1 Kings 19:12) — which means we need to be listening! So, what can you do to put yourself in a position to hear God's voice? It requires making time in your daily routine to become still and quiet in God's presence. Find a room in your house, outside under the trees, or some other place where you can shut out the distractions of the [b]world for a few precious minutes each day.

A Prayer

God, I want to find those quiet waters of peace where I can get alone with You every day and meditate on You. Thank You for wanting to speak to my heart and show me Your will. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
Stop, look and listen ... "Silence is golden!"

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

Mana Uhot,

I'm very glad to see your post about Psalm 23.

This is a powerful prayer. It has been my favorite for so many years now.

To all,

Please join me in calling our Shepherd, Jesus Christ, and telling Him about our faith in Him to take care of all our needs.

Let us pray:

The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me to still waters; He restores my soul.
He leads me in the right paths for His name's sake.

Though I walk in the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord all life long.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Amen . . .
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Reflection and Prayer to share for lenten season

Unread post by Uhot »

Oo badung, pareha baya kita, amo yaon an ako permi lukaton kon ako mahikadto sa ubos ... very inspiring and encouraging, di ba? may ako libritohay nan yaon da na Psalm .... "The Lord is my Shepherd, there is nothing I shall want". kantahon ko da ngani if i feel empty and dreary and down. magana gayud. makadumdum dayon ako kan sr. felicitas, (may she rest in peace), kay favorite isab ini niya na psalm, kantahon permi namo sa simbahan kon amo na turnon simba....
ito na si abb ,,, basin ganahan isab siya .... kay sinmabat sa .... :wink

na hala, salamat na yagkasugat kita nganhi... hinaut na magbangga-bangga da gihapon kita nganhi.
:) :-D

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

OO ganahan sab ako mag medidate nan Psalm 23. Ma imagine ko si David son of Jesse na gasuwat nan mga psalms.

Koman pagka tapos namo nan novena we sung Prayer of St. Francis - hope ganahan sab kamo nan yaon.

Kaina ga medidate ako sa Ecclesiastes chapter 3. Lamii isab "A time for Everything".

Mana U, see you maniana . . .
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by badung »

To Mana Uhot,

Yalipay ako Mana na imo baya isab ini favorite. Yakaglaong ako nan una na amo da san pangadye lang ini para sa mga patay, kay sa sine, basta may scene na may inlubong, amo sa ini an basahon nan pari or pastor. Kanaman laong ko haw may pagka-weird ako.

Gasugod inin ako pag-recite nan Psalm 23 nan 1987 pa. Yahospital an amo bata sa PICOP hospital, tapos one night, wara ako makasakay nan PICOP Service kay mga 10:00 na nan dum yadto. Since I was scared to walk to the hospital, I stayed near the Security Guard Station, hoping to find company. Then one of the guards told me not to be afraid, " i-recite mo lang an Psalm 23", laong niya. And so I did.

In 1989, I was hospitalized in Digos Hospital, in Digos, Davao del Sur. I had a miscarriage. Pagkatapos na ako in-raspahan, I woke up to a room na punoi nan tao. Arang ko baya na yawyaw. Ga-recite kuno ako nan Psalm 23, kanaman gadapog an mga tao. An ako inkadumduman, adto na kuno ako sa ilawum nan bubon, madug-gumi, hastan mahalawum, and then suddenly I was up.

Since then, Psalm 23 has been my favorite. I bought a book that explains the meaning of the lines. Wara sa maglaong na prayer ini para sa mga patay. It's all about how God takes care of all our needs.

I asked myself why this prayer is being read during the burial of a person. I believe it is because we all need to be reminded of our relationship with Jesus Christ, our Shepherd, who has all the power to do everything for us, whether we are here on earth or in heaven. This prayer is like the one thing or the most important prayer that feeds our souls.

To Abb,

Yes, I also like the Prayer of St. Francis, and that part of Ecclesiastes which says that there is a season and a purpose for everything under the heavens.

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Reflection and Payer

Unread post by Uhot »

badung wrote:To Mana Uhot,

Yalipay ako Mana na imo baya isab ini favorite. Yakaglaong ako nan una na amo da san pangadye lang ini para sa mga patay, kay sa sine, basta may scene na may inlubong, amo sa ini an basahon nan pari or pastor. Kanaman laong ko haw may pagka-weird ako.

Gasugod inin ako pag-recite nan Psalm 23 nan 1987 pa. Yahospital an amo bata sa PICOP hospital, tapos one night, wara ako makasakay nan PICOP Service kay mga 10:00 na nan dum yadto. Since I was scared to walk to the hospital, I stayed near the Security Guard Station, hoping to find company. Then one of the guards told me not to be afraid, " i-recite mo lang an Psalm 23", laong niya. And so I did.

In 1989, I was hospitalized in Digos Hospital, in Digos, Davao del Sur. I had a miscarriage. Pagkatapos na ako in-raspahan, I woke up to a room na punoi nan tao. Arang ko baya na yawyaw. Ga-recite kuno ako nan Psalm 23, kanaman gadapog an mga tao. An ako inkadumduman, adto na kuno ako sa ilawum nan bubon, madug-gumi, hastan mahalawum, and then suddenly I was up.

Since then, Psalm 23 has been my favorite. I bought a book that explains the meaning of the lines. Wara sa maglaong na prayer ini para sa mga patay. It's all about how God takes care of all our needs.

I asked myself why this prayer is being read during the burial of a person. I believe it is because we all need to be reminded of our relationship with Jesus Christ, our Shepherd, who has all the power to do everything for us, whether we are here on earth or in heaven. This prayer is like the one thing or the most important prayer that feeds our souls.

To Abb,

Yes, I also like the Prayer of St. Francis, and that part of Ecclesiastes which says that there is a season and a purpose for everything under the heavens.

To Badung,

Dili sa seguro yaon haw sa patay da, tanan sa seguro. Agaw, suma, yangadye sa kaw gayud nan ini, kundili basaha yaon entero Psalm 23 ... it is for everyone ... hopeful, inspiring and encouraging passages.

Grabihi sa baya isab an imo inagihan ... actually, pagasukod sa gayud an imo pagtuo sa Iya (Diyos ba) kon hain kutob. Kada mo pagpasar, step up kaw hangtud yaka-abot kaw kuman na mga higayon na apikihi na kaw gayud Kaniya ... na kon abton kaw nan katalagman ... dagan kaw dayon sa Iya ... all because ... "HE IS OUR REFUGE ... There is nothing we shall want" ... amo day ako gayud ini dag-anan permi.

Yadton sa PICOP ... God used the Security guard amo na yalig-on kaw ... An sa Digos pagkahospital mo ... God gave you a second life. Imagine na yadto kaw sa kaha sa ilawumi na nan bubon, duggumi pa sanan halawumo pa gayud ... sub-consciously ... perti mo na ampo pero as others had witnessed na perti mo na yawyaw ... amo yadton yakamata kaw ... na para sa ako ... there is something God has entrusted you to do ... a mission. Ikaw day yahibawo.

Sa ako sab na bahin, HSchool pa kami ... si St. Felicitas an amo adviser ... 3rd year .... amoy amo permi ini kantahon ... wara-wara lang sa ako. what caught me was an kanan madre tagning na boses ... na dili ako ganahan mo kanta kay maaling-ing sa ako talinga (intawon si Sr. Felicitas, may she rest in peace). Every now and then in my life, I always encountered this Psalm 23 either in song or in prayer or verses ... until, somebody (a lady doctor teaching us) gave me this book na kaganahi balikbalikon pagbasa. Yeah, you're right. ... it is a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ ... who He is in our life if we follow Him and give Him all our trust. He will take care of us ... just as a SHEPHERD DO TO HIS FLOCK.

Me, I do not mind the patay ... Patay kon buhi ... pareha da kita ... only that we have to go into the process from ONE PABYON TO THE OTHER.... buhi to be patay ...

To ABB,

I like the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi too., which mahinuklog ako kon ako kantahon. Si St. Francis of Assisi ba adto galaong na ... "What doth it profit a man if he gains the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?". amo ba, BANG ... shang-a-lang? ... amoy gayud pag-lang-on na mahigpit gayud an daan sa langit ... "DILI SAYON ANG MAGSUNOD KANG KRISTO .... PURO TUNOK ANG DALAN NGA AGIHAN MO ....... ganahan gayud ako nan ini na kanta sa simbahan ngaton sa ato.. ...

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by badung »

Dear Mana Uhot,

Thank you very much for your message. It is difficult for me to figure out what it is that God wanted me to do in particular. But I have been thinking about it all this time. And I just live my life now na simple lang, as long as I find time to thank Him.

Whatever it is; wherever He leads me; whenever, however, I am always on call.

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Personal Reflection

Unread post by Uhot »

Leave Your Comfort Zone

Scripture

"To You, O LORD, I called, and to the Lord I made supplication." (Psalm 30:8 )

Word

Prayer is a vital part of your Christian life. God promises so many things to those that call upon Him for help and for blessings! David, the author of Psalm 30, certainly knew what it meant to call out to God for his needs. David also knew how to believe in God for great things. You can do the same! Call upon God in sincere prayer, and He will answer! God is calling you to go deeper than you have ever gone before; He desires bigger and better things for you. You just need to have the determination to seek after the blessings that God has in store for you. You can experience amazing things if you just unleash the power of prayer in your life.

A Prayer for Today

God, thank You for promising many things to me as I am faithful to seek You in prayer. Today, I pray for strength and a new resolve to step out and have full faith in You. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Personal Reflection

Unread post by Uhot »

Look Ahead!

Scripture

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past." (Isaiah 43:18 )

Word

You may be hurting and aching from your past, but take heart for God is with you! God wants to help you recover these things, as well as the lost years of blessings. In fact, His desire is to give them back to you in even greater abundance. No matter where you are today, no matter where you've been in the past, God wants to give you a new future filled with joy, fulfillment and abundance. God's power will help you break the chains of your past so you can face tomorrow anticipating His blessing and favor. Look ahead to the blessings He has for you, not back to any hurt or suffering that may be in the past. So if you're looking back today, turn around and start looking ahead.

Prayer

God, help me to keep looking ahead to the exciting future You are preparing for me. Thank You for Your promise to heal the past. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

FYI: "My postings here are only for those who are in need of them. It is always my desire and pleasure to share what I can at all times. Thank you. "Uhot"