The wii Madness

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

The wii Madness

Unread post by Alibangbang »

This is in part of my entry sa ako Karlo Journal. I had it reworded so I could share it with you.

----------------o0o--------------------

Saturday night 4/21 - half way through Planet Earth on Discovery channel my husband declared, “I’m beat and calling it a day see you upstairs”. Wanting to finish the show and the mundane details of domesticity I responded, “okay, I’ll be up in a minute”.

By the time I mousy on upstairs, he was fast asleep. In the bathroom, near my toothbrush was a yellow sticky that read: “. . . . . the alarm is set at 6 we need to leave at 6:30 (wii) good night…”

He’s been chasing the elusive wii since December. He promised the kids (on condition that schoolwork’s the priority) he’d buy it ---if not during Christmas --- by mid April for sure labina kon happy siya nan 3rd quarter grading report.

He’s been on a wii hunt ever since.

Word got out that Toys R Us will be getting a substantial shipment and will have them available by 4/22. Strictly first come first serve basis no rain check.

Sunday morning's when I sleep in. I’d get up around 9:00 take my sweet little time to get ready for the 10:30 mass.

The yellow sticky ruined my planned lazy Sunday morning knowing he’s determined to do whatever it takes or cost (my precious sleep) to obtain that wii.

He had already cooked bacon and eggs and was dressed ready to go when he gently nudged me to get up. Half asleep I jumped into the shower, wrote a quick note to stick on the bedroom door to let the kids know Mom and Dad are out early to check something. Breakfast’s ready on the table, to call us if they need us and very important, ALEXA ANAK DON’T BOSS YOUR BROTHER AROUND!!!.

I grabbed my pocketbook, grouped stuff that would keep me occupied during the early start to a long anticipated wait. I brought my camera too thinking this is one silly stupid thing I would like to document for posterity. Crazy things parents do for their kids. Lu grabbed his camera too kay may problema iya ipa check sa Best Buy next door to TRU.

We pulled into the Toys R Us parking lot around 6:35 am. To my horror there were two lines forming opposite from each end of the store entrance.

One line had already snaked down the sidewalk around the corner passed Best Buy Electronic Store, passed the old motor vehicle office and half way down Stop and Shop Supermarket. I looked at my husband, let out a little cry and said, “If that’s not madness! I don’t know what … are you sure?” “Yap” he said, “We promised the kids”

You promised the kids I was dying to say but I bit my lip too early to argue.

Soon we discovered that one line was for the ticket, the other for the store. We split. He briskly walked toward the ticket line and I headed for the store line.

Not soon enough word traveled down the line that the 4th person in front is a nearby 24-hour CVS Store employee. His shift ended at midnight. Being it was a warm night he escaped home drove straight to the parking lot, set his wristwatch alarm to 4 am reclined his seat then went to sleep.

When his alarm went off, he looked, 3 people were already forming the line. The first 3 guys got there at 2:30 am!!!!.

We saw familiar faces, kids’ friends and classmates’ parents some in front of us others behind us. We communicated via sign language shaking our heads, pointing imaginary guns into our head - - - gesturing at each other about how crazy we are and how can we let our kids do this to us.

But honestly we were starting to have fun.

Five hours later, tired, hungry, money poorer but wii, extra control and 2 games richer Luis said, “Never will I promise again!”

For years I’ve been telling him that (don't promise just say maybe) but did he ever listen?

On our way out we saw Dr. Lavine daddy nan best friend ni Karlo. Lingo-lingo siya tapos laong dayon “Is that for Karlo? I can’t believe it, Michael told me Karlo’s got one already!!!” Lu asked him if he got a ticket. He said yes but Michael’s not going to see the wii just yet. “I’ll hide it from him for about a week punishment for lying”. Lu gave him two thumbs up, then turned to me and said “loko pala talaga tong si Michael" as we walked out the door.

Young parents be warned....kids will go the extra mile just to get their parents to get them what they want. :-D

On the ride back home with the kids' new wii, I told Lu we have to watch Karlo carefully. We don’t know what trick he might have picked up from Michael already. Hahahaha…
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

help... dili na isab ako ka post nan pictures... sege lamang kay paigo-on koda ini ](*,) :-D ...
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

When we got there- - ticket line on top, store line at the bottom :-D
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Positioned myself at the end of the store line. A lady showed me her ticket guarantee for one wii. --- An hour later tawag sa bay to check on the kids.
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

An hour or so later...
"Lu where are you?"
"Stay where you are don't move they'll be giving tickets out again in an hour!!!"
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

About three hours later sa wakas. . . Lu examined what was attached to the coveted ticket.

Thank God for McDonald near by. Kids are getting hungry
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

The last ticket was given a little past 9:00. She's the lucky lady who got it. She's followed by TRU manager who's going to tell "wii IS SOLD OUT FOLKS" sold out one hour before the store open.

On our way out. Dr. Lavine wanted to see what's the wii fuss is about - pakita ni Lu isab an box.

THANK GOD it's over. :-D
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Tail end of the line. About 11:00 am end of our wii odyssey it was most organize chaos.

K-Spy/Mana C/Binig - we made a detour sa Best Buy camera aisle... was toying with the idea na mag upgrade. Sus kagidan sa isab kita. 1299.99 body da nan D80. Yaon 1699.99 amoy may kaiban na lens.

Binig hala uno aton imo mga biya amoda kay ako isab ulian. :wink :wink
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

otot_otot
Neophyte
Neophyte

wii madness!!!

Unread post by otot_otot »

just before christmas, I went on a GET-A-Wii by christmas challenge for my boys. what was I thinking??? #-o

I figured if I get it, I get it. Did not tell my sons my plans so as not to raise their hopes up. I wanted it to be a surprise.

I signed up for an online service called, wiifinder.com for six dollars. What it does is it updates me whenever new stock arrives online or in the store. I made sure to check my email every hour on the hour. And true enough when circuit city updated their website, i got emailed. and bought it... I first didn't want to put my credit card info into our work network, but i did not want to risk losing whatever stock they have. And luckily I did that, because, not even 30 minutes later, it was sold out.

It felt good to get it... a rush! when we got it in the mail, it was like precious cargo... my husband (he didn't know what i was up to either!) thought I got him the PS3(that is another story!) I couldn't even keep the present till christmas... I gave it on my son's birthday... the 18th.

We (adults and kids) have had hours of fun with it. Now, 4 months later, 3 wiimotes, 3 games and a nintendo repair later(wiimote reprogrammed) , there it sits in the basement. every now and then my sons will go and play with it. sometimes I myself go down and play...tennis, somedays bowling.

it is hi-tech... not my generation's tennis. (and I am not that old either!)
but now that the novelty has passed, you have to get new games to keep their interest on it. that is about 50$ a pop... when will it ever end?????

Needless to say, my husband still is waiting for his PS3... that will be a longer wait... maybe next christmas when the price drops!

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

Alibangbang wrote:Image

Tail end of the line. About 11:00 am end of our wii odyssey it was most organize chaos.

K-Spy/Mana C/Binig - we made a detour sa Best Buy camera aisle... was toying with the idea na mag upgrade. Sus kagidan sa isab kita. 1299.99 body da nan D80. Yaon 1699.99 amoy may kaiban na lense.

Binig hala uno aton imo mga biya amoda kay ako isab ulian. :wink :wink

I got 3 different lenses & a flash-600, BANG. Mahalay balitaw BANG. Man kita ka-otot nan yellow. Plus you have to insure (4-yr plan) pa gayod kay kon maguba puede nila baylohan nan bag-o. :-D
Last edited by cordapya on Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

abb,

nice post.

it inspires me to know the extent
parents go (the whole nine yards?)
just to indulge their children's whims.
reading your post makes me appreciate
more the simple life here in tago where
parents don't have to line up just to buy
kaliding for their children. hahaha

otot-otot,

please check your inbox;
i wrote you a PM. thanks.

more posts, please?
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Binignit
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Binignit »

I have the same experience last Thanksgiving. Word is out that TRU will have 15 on stock for that Sunday after Thanksgiving. I figured out that if I get there by 4:00 am, okay pa an linya. I got there by 4:15 and I was the 12th guy on the line. The first guy was there since 10:00 pm. Some have chairs with blankets and some have thermos for coffee. The store will open at 8:00, So we have to wait for almost 4 hours. 35 degrees kaha an temperature. Unhon sa, pinangga sa an mga anak. When the store opened at 8:00 they give us the ticket for the wii and only up to 15. I plan on bringing wii pag uli ko kuman July puhon. I dont know kun sa Cebu da ini kutob. I enjoy playing it as well as the kids. In fact I beat Manny Pacquiao in boxing. Knock lagi si Manny.

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

hahahahahahaha
abb, daan ko pa lagi na mulibantar
an imo ka-batch. =P~

binigs,

ok ka lang? hahahaha na hala kabibaha
iton imo wii ngadi para kurapa-an sa cagwait. :roll
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

COLETZ
Co-Administrator & Editor
Co-Administrator & Editor
Birthday: 23 Jun 1982

Unread post by COLETZ »

Mana Abb you inspire me. Thanks for the early warning. :-D
" In Life, God doesn't give you the people you want; instead, He gives you the people you need; to teach you, to hurt you, and to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be... SMILE! For, Life will always be, B-E-A-Utiful. "

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Unread post by SIBULING »

Coletz,ayaw kabalaka ,kay mas feel ni bonsal yadton regalo ni mana c na psp sa iya.Bsan hain mabira bira niya.Sosyali sa lagi inin si mana c magregalo.Pate siya yakapalit lagi nan nintendo ,sila ni felna an magcontest.Abangan nyo kay kun takhan yaon ipa raffle na sab.

Si mana c ,an angayan mag wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii para huwasan.Pate sa gud dagko mag enjoy.Ako da sa inin way hilig sa bay.Basta may abs-cbn.com ako solve na ako.Boooom tarat sa lagi an beauty ko.

xbox -super kay marecord mo tanan nan palabas(amo da nan dvr).wow ,amo da taraw nan hibawo.basta makakita sab nan prison break ,ok da ako.