Let Me Share What I Think..

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

Alone
Occasional Member
Occasional Member

Let Me Share What I Think..

Unread post by Alone »

Often when you least expect it…something happens that either validates your current state of mind or make you change it.

As many of my friends and family know, I’ve been newly “singled out.” I went through a tumultuous path of enlightenment. Believe me it was not your run of the mill stages of loss kind of thing I literally went through a 180-degree turn in faith and perspective.

I’ve recently adopted the mindset that I’m just going to relax and let God write my love story. No more active pursuit of that next wonderful romance. I’m letting fate take a hand at that particular section of my life and let’s hope that I would be wonderfully surprised.

Then fate gave me a message…

While savoring a cup of brewed coffee and munching on my favorite ham and cheese croissant, I happened by an entire section of the Inquirer on no less than Summer Loving. Stories of love discovered serendipitously, of strangers who found each other and eventually tied the knot. These people didn’t look for love…it found them.

So…fine…I get it now. You don’t really need to bust an artery to find love because it finds you. Rocket science? Not exactly…more of Juan Tamad finds love while sleeping under a mango tree. But is that really possible? There’s a saying that goes “God helps those who help themselves.” But what if you’ve been out there, done that, met people and even had a couple of long term relationships that fizzles out eventually, does that mean you’re just not helping yourself enough? Or is it time to surrender it all to fate?

When is helping yourself really helping your cause?

For some it works to go party every night or frequent internet hook up sites but for someone like me who doesn’t have the patience nor the inclination on blind dates or talk to strangers then doing those things aren’t appealing in the first place. So, where does that leave people like me? Yes, I guess we’re back to the concept of serendipity. Fate will take a hand at one point or another…maybe once she sees you’re struggling too much and you now look like fish out of water. Pathetic? Nah…just in need of some divine intervention.

Besides, isn’t it way better to be surprised with something so beautiful as finding your one true love without trying too hard or hurting other people than plotting your way through the process? It’s better to be blessed with it than forcing the issue with tears along the way.

This time I’m letting fate take a hand…let’s see what she has in store for me. Happiness is just around the corner…I could almost feel it. As for now, I'll enjoy the company of my starbucks coffee and my beloved laptop..
"Somethings are not meant to last. Let us leave it that way. Its better that we move on and continue our lives."

Wena
Neophyte
Neophyte

Unread post by Wena »

You know, I'm very proud of you and what you have achieved in your life.
Don't believe them that you can't have everything in life..YOU CAN!
You can have everything but not at the same time..slow down..count your blessings! I really miss you! Can't wait for tom..lets have starbucks..hehehe

Alone
Occasional Member
Occasional Member

Unread post by Alone »

Thanks girl!I'm also proud of you!
You've gone a long way and to think youre only 25..Not to mention that youre richer than me..hahaha..Just image where you will be when youre already 30 (Treat me!)
See you later..
"Somethings are not meant to last. Let us leave it that way. Its better that we move on and continue our lives."