"Heartthrob Evolution"

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

Alone
Occasional Member
Occasional Member

"Heartthrob Evolution"

Unread post by Alone »

This is a stupid entry, if you're not into stupidity and nonsense stop right now or forever hold your peace. This isn't an attempt to show my witty side, not even an attempt to be plain funny. It's just that the urge to write about something stupid is unbearable that i had to give in.
Through the years, I observed that not a lot of people know the correct spelling of HEARTTHROB. I'm not judging them, i think it's really confusing. But thanks to these booboos i found inspiration to write something that will satisfy my craving for absurdity.

Hearthrob -- the more common spelling. the synnergy of the words heart and throb. i think among the incorrect spellings, this is the most acceptable and expected. A hearthrob will have to be someone that makes another person's heart throb faster. in fact, it's so fast that the other "t" got lost along the way. (e.g. "Ohmigosh, Brad Pitt's here, he's such a hearthrob! --the girl here is hyperventilating and palpitating at the same time)

Heartrob -- this one's easy, if you're a heartrob, chances are, you get to rob other people's hearts. Though the more correct term would have to be heart robber. heart rob is the word's verb form. (e.g. Brad Pitt heartrobs My heart.) The occurence of such phenomenon is a heartrobbery.

Heartrub /Heartrubber -- ok, a heartrub is a person who seem to "touch" another person's heart, this thus explains the rubbing motion. It's like the caressing of hearts (tonight i need your sweet caress, hold me in the darkness) But just like the Heartrob, the more correct term is heartrubber. (e.g. i think i'm falling for him, he touches my heart in ways i can never imagine, he heartrubs me.) But then it'll evolve into a whole new word, a heartrubber is someone who possesses quite a flexible heart -- duh, rubber? --. This person claims to be able to love two or more people all at the same time because his/ her heart can extend to them.(e.g. That guy from the basketball team is a player, he is a heartrubber!)

Hurtrob -- for me, this is the most uhmm, emotionally-charged spelling of all. Hurtrob is someone who robs your heart and hurts you in the process. We all encounter a hurtrob at least once in our lives. He can be that childhood sweetheart, that highschool jock, that artsy musician in college or your boss in the office. This guy's Mr. Out-of-my-league. At times, his hurting us and robbing our hearts are unintentional, but since it's a cruel, cruel world, most of the time, it's really intended.

Heartrobe - someone who protects your heart and cares for it. he puts a "robe" around it so it wouldnt be vulnerable. (e.g. I'm not attracted to him, but he's such a heartrobe that i feel safe when im around him.)

That was fun. It just goes to show how easy it is to come up with something with insignificant..
"Somethings are not meant to last. Let us leave it that way. Its better that we move on and continue our lives."