death and taxes...

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

death and taxes...

Unread post by iCeprIncEsS »

laong pa sa salida ni Brad Pitt, duha da kuno an sigurado nganhi sa kalibutan, DEATH and TAXES ( something to that effect...i was so sure for a long time that the only sure thing is change, but some things are adding up to the list...

i brought this up because of the many announcements of death in the obituary section..i know some people would shun the discussion of death, but my feeling is, if it is so inevitable, we might as well talk about it...if there is any way to prepare for it, etc etc..

having said that, i want to pose some questions for anyone and everyone to answer:

* what's your idea of death?
** does it scare you? do you ever think about it?
*** what preparations are you making today to secure eternity outside of hell?

please feel free to post ur replies...i won't grade your answers, that's for sure..
**http://habitat.org.au/**

janitorfish
Neophyte
Neophyte

on Death

Unread post by janitorfish »

Hi iceprincess!

Death for me is a cessation of life of any living organism here on earth. It symbolizes the liberation of the spirit from the material body. However,it doesn't necessarily mean it is our final state since i still hold on to the concept of heaven and hell (& karma).

And yes, I'm quite scared of dying. :wink:

ice

Unread post by ice »

Thanks for your honest reply janitorfish..who knows after this sharing of minds, we will find out that death is not to be feared after all?

And I quite agree with you..dying is not the end, but the beginning of a new life.

Any other thoughts?

ice

Unread post by ice »

or new state, as you call it..

****puluhui ko gayud magalog in...makauna sa gud ako pagtype before ako makahinumdum :oops:

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by Aprodite_Erra24 »

death is like a thief in the night that comes when you least expect it. Like what janitorfish had said...it's the end or cessation of all biological functions.

i am afraid to die because i am still young and i have a husband and a child to still care for... I am afraid to die because I haven't told everyone who matters to me about their importance.

As for my relationship with God, kami ra ang nakahibaw pero I am sure na wala na koy kahadlukan sa taas because I have made him take control of my life... Wala na koy questions...
"Whoever told u you're not beautiful, are either blind or have seen me in the flesh!"

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

"When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. When you die, you rejoice, and the world cries".
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

sigwel
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by sigwel »

Death, that means I have to be thankful because I once lived afterall.

Death is beyond endurance.

I always bear in mind Sr. Luz's excerption from the bible, "Now I live not me, but Christ lives in ME".

The death of the body is extremely fearful and PAINFUL. But when I think of it's soul, I should say, I will live forever with my love ones.

And, ICE, Yes! I am...Obviously for a lot of obscure reasons-simply because i am a human being and have sensations. I don't have doubts of my relationship with HIM-i know HE's always there.

That's why I live life to the fullest because I only have one to live. I live like today is always my last day..... :roll: Be nice to each other heheheh :wink: :D :) :lol:

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Aps, like you said it is a thief in the night.

It is no respector of age, social status etc.

I am glad to hear you and sigwel mentioned about having a good relationship with God. I learned through the years that having a relationship with him should be equated to being fearless of death.

I know a lot of us are afraid of the uncertain, I guess that's what sigwel is referring to when she raised the issue of our humanity.

Sigwel, I like what you said about living our lives each day as if it were our last. Isn't that how we are suppose to live? That way we won't have to look back with regrets for missing to give that compliment, for missing to appreciate a person, for mising to tell them how important they are to us.

Bonsal, when I die, I would like to be cremated and my ashes to be thrown to the pacific ocean (sa likod namo ba..hehehe)..I wouldn't want people to cry..People will miss me, that's for sure...but i will insist that they celebrate, because I am just going ahead to my Father in heaven.

borag
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by borag »

yanlagatak sa an mga iningles nganhi unhun ko ini pagsabot nan iyo mga ideya pero para ako isip usa ka pobre na katilingban....pagmakalimot na kaw paginhawa amo yaon an kamatayon.

anak ni poloko
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by anak ni poloko »

borag wrote:yanlagatak sa an mga iningles nganhi unhun ko ini pagsabot nan iyo mga ideya pero para ako isip usa ka pobre na katilingban....pagmakalimot na kaw paginhawa amo yaon an kamatayon.

kacuti gayud nan imo pic burag. bagan bagay sa imo pangan. :lol: :lol:
taga hain kaw rag?
guess who's back? back again.....

ice

Unread post by ice »

borag wrote:yanlagatak sa an mga iningles nganhi unhun ko ini pagsabot nan iyo mga ideya pero para ako isip usa ka pobre na katilingban....pagmakalimot na kaw paginhawa amo yaon an kamatayon.

borag, aduy...sori..waray gayud intensyon na pag alienate (read:aders) nan lain..

salamat sa pagtubag..ini galing yagpaface surgery kaw..gwapahi mo na...mingawi na kay ako kan Mac kay amigo sa kami yadto..kun mukanhi yadto sa cebu na magkita sa gayud kami lugar ibanon ako pagpanginod..hehehe!

saktohi kaw gayud..kun dili kaw muhinhawa, iton kamatayon mo gayud..kanaman an iban gusto na muhunong, ag magagamit na pisi para lamang matapos. Inday sab kay inig abot sa Ginoo yaon pasa lugar paghukom.

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

how i conquered my fear of death

i posted the same topic in my blog..this time it is about my personal experience on how i overcame my fear of death. feel free to visit when you have the time.

http://iceprincess-ramblings.blogspot.c ... taxes.html

cheers,

yani

:D

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

yan, i have already visited your blog site...COOL!
I also read some of your articles, you'll probably make it if you pursue writing a book...
"Whoever told u you're not beautiful, are either blind or have seen me in the flesh!"

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

kan borag: Grabe sab ka-cute nan imo pic.. Dili na sa kaw hapit maigo sa space!
:wink:

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Aprodite_Erra24 wrote:yan, i have already visited your blog site...COOL!
I also read some of your articles, you'll probably make it if you pursue writing a book...

erra, the wedding plan is on top of the agenda...hahaha!!! joke!

thanks for the kind words.

8)