How did you know Christ?

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

aishete_imasu
Neophyte
Neophyte

How did you know Christ?

Unread post by aishete_imasu »

Share personal experiences that you get to know Christ in your life.

ice

Unread post by ice »

hi aishete..nice topic..

i wil bite..but later! in the meantime, why don't you start with your story? :wink:

terapi
Occasional Member
Occasional Member

Unread post by terapi »

hu says Christian life is boring?It's absolutely not true! Living for Christ has given me a natural high, a daily dose of spiritual vitamin and a sense of direction of my life. It's no longer a lip service to me but a genuine service for Christ alone. I dont mind what others say about what I do since I know I'm only accountable to God and not to people. I've been struggling to make my life straight now and I know Christ has released me from bondage, conviction and guilt since I accepted him as my savior.

[color=blue]So have you been living a Christian life?you ought to live like one :) [/color]

Carel Oliverio Ng
Occasional Member
Occasional Member

Unread post by Carel Oliverio Ng »

How did I know Chirst? This is a very profound question and my answer will probably upset some of the believers. After visiting the Vatican a few years back, I've learned a lot of things Catholic's would tell you otherwise.

We'll first I would ask myself, do I believe in God? Yes I do! Why? Because I feel his power when I'm in need of guidance. But who is God? I think God is what I call an "AWARENESS", awareness without matter or energy. Just pure information! They said that God created humans in his likeness. Why? I believe that God HOPED that he will finally learn the nature of his own being by watching mankind through the eyes of a human being, feeling human skin, smelling the earth and looking up into a mother's face...

I believe that God entered the world to try to understand why mankind could evolve no further. To do that, he had lived as a man. And by the time he reached his adulthood, he had his answer. The pain and futility of human life was made unbearable by the ineffable joys that juman beings could experience. Through Jesus, God felt these wonderful things, yet he also saw the doom of mankind as species.

Why? Man had flourished in a violent world because he had the primitive instincts to match that world yet was to continue to evolve, man had to put those instints behind him but evolution would never remove them. Evolution wasn't designed to produce moral beings. It's a blind engine, a mechanism of competitive warefare geared only toward survival.

Through Jesus, God tried to pursuade man to turn away from his primitive instincts, away from the animal side of himself, but he had failed.

So do I know God or Christ? I do! When did I know him? Ever since I learned the rights and the wrongs. I believe God or Christ is within me. God has given me the mind and the heart to use it, again "Awareness"... Whatever I do and decide upon, whether it is for good or bad God is with me!
For the most part, fear is nothing but an illusion. When you share it with someone else, it tends to disappear.

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

my story

Unread post by iCeprIncEsS »

here's something i wrote when i was sixteen in response to ur question..

--------

I used to be a very insecure person but I would try to hide that reality by putting up a front to the point that most people would think I was such a snob. I tried to do things for others - even things I did not want to do just to please them. In most of my attempts I would gain their acceptance, and I would feel good for a while. But there were also times that I would feel like I could not really measure up to their expectations - thus I would end up hating myself and the rest of the world. When I was in college, on my own and determined to rebel from all known authority in my life, a friend of mine invited me to a Rock and Roll Seminar. I wasn't really into rock music but when the speaker began explaining God's unconditional love and acceptance, it just got my attention.

In all my sixteen years of religiosity, I never really thought that God cared. After all, I had to do things for others, so why would God be any different? I had tried to excel in my studies, tried having a boyfriend, participating in school and community activities, and even strived to be a good daughter and a role model to my younger siblings but they never gave me the security that I needed. That night I met a different God! He thought I'm special - even before I did anything for Him. He died for me already, even before I knew Him. That same night, I prayed and asked Christ to forgive me for all the wrong things I did. Then I asked Him to come into my life, to lead me and give me the security that I had been looking for.

I began to see myself in a new perspective. I learned that God wants to give me a hope and a wonderful future. I have nothing to fear because He is in control. My confidence is no longer in myself or in others but in God alone. I have learned to love and forgive other people and myself. I am not as afraid to fail as I used to and I have found peace even in the midst of chaos. I have discovered that no relationship can ever be enough for me unless I have a personal relationship with God. Most importantly, I know that I am going to Heaven with God for eternity.

How about you? What are you holding on to for security? Is it your family? Your career? Your boyfriend/girlfriend? I tell you, they are bound to fail you at some point! Why don't you go directly to Jesus? He can give you all those things and more! If He can do it to someone like me, He can do it for you..!!!! Think about it!!!!
**http://habitat.org.au/**

*imesh
Devoted Member
Devoted Member
Birthday: 20 Sep 1980

Unread post by *imesh »

everytime I'm up above and down below

The brave does not live forever, but the coward does not live at all

kalachuchi
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

:-)

Unread post by kalachuchi »

I know Him since He is everywhere. Whenever I have questions, He gave me signs for His answers. It's not odd for me, it is my only way of living life with Him.

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

how?

Unread post by allen »

well...well... kasayon tubagon na ka lisod... reflection gayud... Christ has always been a friend and brother to me... i have known him quite well through everyday experiences, especially as i interact with different people... :)
Once a tagon-on, always a tagon-on!

Put God first in everything that you do...

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: how?

Unread post by Alibangbang »

allen wrote:well...well... kasayon tubagon na ka lisod... reflection gayud... Christ has always been a friend and brother to me... i have known him quite well through everyday experiences, especially as i interact with different people... :)

CHRIST has always been a friend and constant companion. CALL ON HIM AND HE IS ALWAYS THERE....

sigwel
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

yes, i meant YES!

Unread post by sigwel »

But of course! I live because CHRIST lives in me. Very self explanatory yet its still an individualistic prerogative wherein anyone who sense its depthness, will come to realize that it says it all. All the aforementioned were all well-written/said. Need I say more? God is in the small stuff and it all matters. God is in the details of my life....I agree that you cannot sweet-talk, network, strong-arm your way into heaven,your FAITH is all that counts.....just talk to GOD daily and do no harm to others. :)

un_official
Neophyte
Neophyte

Unread post by un_official »

the 1st time i saw myself in the mirror :)
IF-ITS-UP-TO-BE-ITS-UP-TO-ME

sigs

Re:Christ

Unread post by sigs »

CHRIST is always in your heart whether you let HIM in or not, you just have to feel HIM and acknowledge HIS exixtence.

"Our FAITH is our SALVATION".