WAZZUP FOR HALLOWEEN?

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

WAZZUP FOR HALLOWEEN?

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

I really don’t know how all this started. Or when. But it seems that Tagon-ons expect me to provide them with entertainment. Case in point: since last week, Tagon-ons have been sending me text messages and asking me in person what’s in store for them this All Souls’ Day? And I’m like: HWAAAAT?!?

I’m not annoyed by this; but I'm not flattered either. No, scratch that lest I be misunderstood. I'll explain: It’s not that I don’t want to contribute; it’s just that it’s kind of hard to get other people’s support. Many will disagree, but fact is, Tagon-ons like entertainment but they don’t like being bothered with the cost that goes with it.

Dude, that’s hard.

Good thing SK Chair and my pinanganak Nikki Blaine Laurente consulted me last week on what activities to cook up during the semestral break. And she lapped up my suggestion to have an inter-purok sportsfest (basketball, volleyball, and chess) dubbed as "paSiKlaban 2008" which started today at the town plaza. This will be capped with a Halloween Disco on 31 October at Tago gym.

But that’s that.

People are clamoring for entertainment right at the cemetery, similar to what Belucos gave them in the past. When Sughac was still the vice mayor, we mounted “Rock-rockan sa November One,” a concert that featured local talents that included Steve Cuarteron, Aldrin Incinada, Carol de la Cruz, and others.

I don’t know if, after a two-year hiatus, the group of Crispiniano Inabangan will again mount another "Search for Ms. Gay"because "The Search for Glamour Girl" is out of the question. (Just an aside: I’m quite embarrassed because Japan is so busy that until now she hasn’t submitted the liquidation statement that I promised to give to last year’s "Search for Glam Girl" donors. :?)

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll call Tambunting. Maybe she can whip up something.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-