NATURE'S FURY: HOW DO WE FACE IT CONSTRUCTIVELY?

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

NATURE'S FURY: HOW DO WE FACE IT CONSTRUCTIVELY?

Unread post by pato »

If you’re devastated by a sudden calamities like a fury of typhoon Ondoy and Pepeng in the Philippines, a Ketsana in Vietnam, a deadly tsunami in Samoa Island, and a horrible earthquake in Indonesia that it all occurred just a day interval last week, what shall you do? These countries were badly damaged, many people have died, and many buildings have been destroyed. To some who were extremely affected by these calamities they find it hard and hopeless to recover what they’d been through. Though, it’s hurting but that’s the reality. I’ve gotten to visit K-spy’s blog and I’ve read a beautiful quote their which he got it from Mitch Album’s book, entitled, Tuesdays With Morrie. It says, “Learn to detach… Don’t cling to things, because everything is impermanent… But detachment doesn’t mean you don’t let the experience penetrate you. On the contrary, you let it penetrate fully. That’s how you are able to leave it…. Take any emotion --- love for a woman, or grief for a loved one, or what I’m going through, fear and pain from deadly illness. If you hold back on the emotion – if you don’t allow yourself to go all the way through them – you can never get to being detached, you’re too busy being afraid – you’re afraid of the pain, you ‘re afraid of the grief, you’re afraid of the vulnerability that love entails. But by throwing yourself in these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully and completely. You know what pain is. You know what love is. You know what grief is. And only then you can say, ‘All right. I have experienced that emotion. I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment.”

Yes, it’s true. No matter how hard we try to avoid pain it will always come to us in many ways. All we have to do is, we will just accept it wholeheartedly, and learn from it. “Keep in mind, at all times, that we grow the most from our greatest sufferings. As we go through it, it hurts. But as we move through it, it also heals. When the jug of water falls to the floor and cracks, what was hidden within begins to pour out. When life sends you one if it curves, remember that it has come to help crack you open so that all the love, power, and potential that had been slumbering within you can be poured into the world outside you. And, like a fractured bone, we do become stronger in the broken places”. By Robin Sharma, from Discover Your Destiny.