what-ifs and if-onlys

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

what-ifs and if-onlys

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Except for the 1977 fire that reduced to ashes a mother and her three children, nothing could be more tragic for Tago than the vehicular accident that killed Bingbing, Tito Jun, and ‘Ya Tet in one fell swoop.

Tito Jun was driving; Papong sat beside him in front. Behind them were ‘Ya Tet, Tingay, and Bingbing. As the Crosswind sped on a highway in Bunawan, an old man, dragging a bicycle by his side, crossed the street. The white SUV grated concrete, swerved, and turned turtle eight times, leaving in its wake sparks, tires, and cadavers.

Everything happened in split second. And because death is a smooth operator with impeccable precision and timing, Tagon-ons pitched a lot of what-ifs and if-onlys.

read the rest of the blog post by clicking the link: http://kspy65.blogspot.com/
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: what-ifs and if-onlys

Unread post by pato »

K_spy, you’re right by saying, “Death doesn’t happen by chance; neither it is random.”

There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them; a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.
A time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away.
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to be silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. -Ecclesiates 3:1-8-

In Papong’s case, maybe, it’s not his time and has still a mission to accomplish yet. I believe in the old adage that we must be prepared always kay ang kamatayon sama sa usa ka kawatan na mangawat sa sud nan ato panimalay nan way ato panghimangkaagan.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Thanks for putting into words what goes without saying
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

pato wrote:K_spy, you’re right by saying, “Death doesn’t happen by chance, neither it is random.”

There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens.
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.
A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them; a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. -Ecclesiates 3:1-8-

In Papong’s case, maybe, it’s not his time and has still a mission to accomplish yet. I believe in the old adage saying na we must be prepared always kay ang kamatayon sama sa usa ka kawatan na mangawat sa sud nan ato panimalay nan way ato panghimangkaagan.
Pats,

So you like OT's Ecclesiastes. We don't know who the writer is but he puts his powers of wisdom to work to examine the human experience and assess the human situation. Midyo lisod e digest namn min palet dakan akon NIV Study Bible para ko ma absorb.

Pats, yaon sa New Testament inin - 1 Thessalonians 5:2 and again on 2 Peter 3:10. Pagtou ko nan ini Paul had sent the letters to the Thessalonians and Simon Peter wrote this highly personal passage to fortell the "rapture" in the book of Revelation. It is quite difficult to grasp I need a Concordance. Check out 2 Corinthians 5:8 too it's chilling and comforting at the same time. Sus uno anhi ga bible study nasa hano-an kita ini.
Pats, you may know this already but here's my trick to find the 21 Epistles quickly:
It starts with 1 and 2 Corinthians then remember this "Go Eat Pop Corn" which account for Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, then you have your 1 & 2 Thessalonians, followed by 1 & 2 Timothy, then "That Person Has Joy" for Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, then 1 & 2 Peter, 1,2,&3 John, then Jude. I like re-reading Epistles but nothing beats the 4 Gospels.

K-Spy,

Something had ignited because after reading TLS I'm back to my B-I-B-L-E. Right now, I'm in the OT revisiting the 12 Minor Prophecy starting with the Book of Hosea to Zephaniah will not tire kissing and hugging this book.

And yes, NOTHING OCCURS BY CHANCE.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

pato wrote: In Papong’s case, maybe, it’s not his time and has still a mission to accomplish yet.
pats,

not much on still having a mission to accomplish but more on the fact that it just wasn't papong's time yet.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

abb,

Ecclesiastes is "believed" (because other biblical scholars don't agree) to be written by Solomon. we, at uccp, think so.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

kampanaryo_spy wrote:abb,

Ecclesiastes is "believed" (because other biblical scholars don't agree) to be written by Solomon. we, at uccp, think so.
K-Spy,

Make sense kay an sunod "Song of Songs" (Solomon's Song of Songs) amo amo dasan tunada like some chapters on Proverbs.

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote: K-Spy,

Make sense kay an sunod "Song of Songs" (Solomon's Song of Songs) amo amo dasan tunada like some chapters on Proverbs.
korek! he wrote all three: 1. Song of Solomon–the love song of Solomon’s youth; 2. Proverbs–the wisdom of Solomon’s middle years; 3. Ecclesiastes–the frustrations of Solomon’s old age.

this will be my last comment on this digression. :-)

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by pato »

Alibangbang wrote:
pato wrote:K_spy, you’re right by saying, “Death doesn’t happen by chance, neither it is random.”

In Papong’s case, maybe, it’s not his time and has still a mission to accomplish yet. I believe in the old adage saying na we must be prepared always kay ang kamatayon sama sa usa ka kawatan na mangawat sa sud nan ato panimalay nan way ato panghimangkaagan.
Pats,

So you like OT's Ecclesiastes. We don't know who the writer is but he puts his powers of wisdom to work to examine the human experience and assess the human situation. Midyo lisod e digest namn min palet dakan akon NIV Study Bible para ko ma absorb.

Pats, yaon sa New Testament inin - 1 Thessalonians 5:2 and again on 2 Peter 3:10. Pagtou ko nan ini Paul had sent the letters to the Thessalonians and Simon Peter wrote this highly personal passage to fortell the "rapture" in the book of Revelation. It is quite difficult to grasp I need a Concordance. Check out 2 Corinthians 5:8 too it's chilling and comforting at the same time. Sus uno anhi ga bible study nasa hano-an kita ini.
Pats, you may know this already but here's my trick to find the 21 Epistles quickly:
It starts with 1 and 2 Corinthians then remember this "Go Eat Pop Corn" which account for Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, then you have your 1 & 2 Thessalonians, followed by 1 & 2 Timothy, then "That Person Has Joy" for Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, James, then 1 & 2 Peter, 1,2,&3 John, then Jude. I like re-reading Epistles but nothing beats the 4 Gospels.

Mana Abb,

OO. I like it. At first, I can say that it’s the work of an angry, cynical, skeptical man who doubts GOD and question the value of doing good. “What point is there in working hard?” he asks in the opening lines of his book. “A generation passes and another comes along, but the world remains the same forever.” (Eccle. 1:4) “Man has no superiority over beasts, since both amount to nothing. As one dies, so does the other, and both have perishes in spite of his goodness and a wicked man endures in spite of his wickedness, so don’t exert yourself to be especially good, for you may be dumfounded.”

Let me share with you the point of view of Harold Kushner from his book, entitled, When All You’ve Ever Wanted Isn’t Enough. “ I love the author’s courage and honesty in attacking the orthodoxies of his time, pointing out the hypocrisy and exposing the shallowness of so much that passed for piety and wisdom in his day. I was fascinated with his wise observations on his life, his cynical comments on human nature. They seemed so profound and pointed, so much more honest than the pious reassurances of most of the Bible.

Ecclesiastes wrote his book many hundreds of years ago to share with us his disappointments and frustrations, to warn us that we should not waste our limited time as he did, in the illusion that wealth, wisdom, pleasure or piety will make our lives matter. He tells us his story with mounting desperation, as one road after another leads to a dead end and he begins to see himself running out of years and running out of options. But he has not written his book only to express his frustration or to depress us. In the end, he has an answer. But it is an answer that make sense only to someone who has shared his earlier dead ends and disappointments. That is why he offers it to us at the end of his story rather than at the beginning.

A Hasidic story tells of a man who went for a walk in the forest and got lost. He wandered around for hours trying to find his way back to town, trying one path after another, but none of them led out. Then abruptly he came across another hiker walking through the forest. He cried out, ‘Thank God for another human being. Can you show me the way back to town?’ The other man replied, ‘No, I’m lost too. But we can help each other in this way. We can tell each other which path we have already tried and been disappointed in. That will help us find the one that leads out.’

Before we can begin to understand Ecclesiastes’ conclusions, we have to accompany him on the false path and dead ends he has written to warn us about. When we have learned, as he did so painfully and with so much frustration, which path do not lead out, we will be better prepared to find and follow the one that does.”

Mana,sa tinood kuman pa ako mahibawo (trick). Salamater. :-)