TSUNAMI SCARE IN TAGO

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

TSUNAMI SCARE IN TAGO

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

It was, at the very least, a study in chaos. And all because most Tagon-ons chose to listen to twisted rubbish, either by text message or word of mouth, instead of CNN.

I’m all for life preservation, but I’m not one to lose easily my sentido comon.

My nephew Rap banged my door and jolted me from sleep at near midnight of Saturday, 27 February. Quite tipsy, he said that a tsunami was on its way and people were already converging in the streets, ready to evacuate.

Rubbing sleep off my eyes, I put on my clothes and went out.

The plump kapuron moon shone brightly against a spotless sky as people ran here and there with either bags on their backs or children around their hips. Like a New Year frenzy, vehicles vroomed and zoomed.

I wanted to assuage the panic I saw in everybody’s face but I felt powerless for lack of information. I asked around and all I got was vague information about a forthcoming earthquake and an ensuing tsunami. I told them that earthquakes couldn’t be exactly foretold otherwise the Haiti tragedy would have been avoided. Then I went home.

Soon as I entered my room, a torrent of alert tones from my cell phone met me. One message came from Susie and it must’ve been a forwarded message because it had “Mimi” on it at the end. It said that an earthquake had hit Chile and that, as aftershock, a tsunami was rampaging its way to cover Surigao del Sur in wet and frothy blanket!

I’m not good in geography but I know that Chile is not in Asia. And if it’s not in Asia, it must be far. And if it’s far, it probably couldn’t do that much damage.

Sentido comon.

I went back to sleep. But a tsunami of text messages inundated my cell phone that I rose and went back to the street.

-more later-
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: TSUNAMI SCARE IN TAGO

Unread post by pato »

K-spy,

Where's the continuation? I am waiting.....I'm a bit curious why the people are mostly smiling on the picture? jejeje joke

kampanaryo_spy

pats,

di na ako kay pan-os na; pagkadi mo dakan kay idemonstrar kon tanan mga kataw-anan na yangahitabo. :-D bisihi ako kuman kay i'm organizing the debut of mebmeb on sunday at the gym.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:pats,

di na ako kay pan-os na; pagkadi mo dakan kay idemonstrar kon tanan mga kataw-anan na yangahitabo. :-D bisihi ako kuman kay i'm organizing the debut of mebmeb on sunday at the gym.
kspy, basin puyde mo yaon mahipatik sa gitik-gitik. bahala pan-os ato da initon para makaon. :lol:
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

kampanaryo_spy

BONSAL wrote:kspy, basin puyde mo yaon mahipatik sa gitik-gitik. bahala pan-os ato da initon para makaon. :lol:
bon,

ay, ay dili lang ako kay basin maglaong sila na paga komedyahan ta inin trahedya agad hungihung da. matay maarangi raba. sample:

TAGON-ON (gahaguros nan dagan sa tungan karsada): Bakwit na kita kay an dagat grabe na na paghubas.

SINGGIT GIKAN SA DUG0M KAY BROWN OUT: Wow! Sinun-ad baya kan minhubas!

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:
BONSAL wrote:kspy, basin puyde mo yaon mahipatik sa gitik-gitik. bahala pan-os ato da initon para makaon. :lol:
bon,

ay, ay dili lang ako kay basin maglaong sila na paga komedyahan ta inin trahedya agad hungihung da. matay maarangi raba. sample:

TAGON-ON (gahaguros nan dagan sa tungan karsada): Bakwit na kita kay an dagat grabe na na paghubas.

SINGGIT GIKAN SA DUG0M KAY BROWN OUT: Wow! Sinun-ad baya kan minhubas!

K-Spy,

I’m with team Bonsal :-D every which way I look at it, Tagon-ons are blessed with "this" inherent inborn wit and uncanny talent to attach the most amusing narratives to adversity, which is what most (me) need, in order to cope and sustain.

When I spoke to my nephew, (the morning after the "supposed" tsunami was to hit) he was hysterically laughing and said he hasn't slept a wink. When I asked why, something funny had happened sa ila biyahi sa Kabangahan kay didto sila yamakwit. Wara ko lamang na claro an iya estorya kay the line was choppy.

Halana na taraw e share sa gitik-gitik. We could all use a good story.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess