THE ANSWER THAT WON LARA THE MS. INTERNATIONAL TITLE

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

THE ANSWER THAT WON LARA THE MS. INTERNATIONAL TITLE

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Of course you know by now that Ms. Lara Quigaman won the Ms. International title, right? But did you know about the way she introduced herself and answered the question? Then read on.

She introduced herself by saying:

"Mabuhay! Representing the democratic and freedom
loving people of the pearl of the orient, I am precious LARA QUIGAMAN, from the beautiful country of THE PHILIPPINES"

Her question:

"What do you say to the people of the world who have typecasted Filipinos as nannies?"

Her answer:

"I take no offence on being typecasted as a nanny. But i do take offence that the educated people of the world have somehow denigrated the true sense and meaning of what a nanny is. Let me tell you what she is. She is someone who gives more than she takes. She is someone you trust to look after the very people most precious to you - your child, the elderly, yourself. She is the one who has made a living out of caring and loving other people. So to those who have
typecasted us as nannies, thank you. it is a testament to the loving
and caring culture of the Filipino people; And for that, I am forever
proud and grateful of my roots and culture."

FUTURE BEAUTY QUEENS, TAKE IT FROM HER. :D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

imesh

Unread post by imesh »

very well said :D

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by Aprodite_Erra24 »

bravo!
"Whoever told u you're not beautiful, are either blind or have seen me in the flesh!"

maria
Provisional Member
Provisional Member

Unread post by maria »

CORRECT ... VERY WELL SAID FROM MS LARA QUIGAMAN... WHILE OTHER CONTESTANTS MAY HAVE ANSWERED CITING FILIPINOS GOING ABROAD AS NANNIES DUE TO ECONOMIC REASONS SHE EMPHASIZED ON THE POSITIVE SIDE OF OUR CULTURE OF BEING LOVING AND CARING
THAT IS UNIQUELY FILIPINO.

k_spy

Unread post by k_spy »

but the thing is, it's a HOAX. the answer, not quigaman! :D Think of that story last year about a filipina winning a contest in australia.

i watched last sunday's delayed telecast of ms. international on gma, and the SUPPOSED BRILLIANT ANSWER of ms. quigaman was NEVER uttered. in fact, the ms. int'l has no Question and Answer Portion. What it had was a sort of a speech delivered by each of the 12 finalists. still quigaman's speech was nowhere near the 'quoted and widly circulated' answer of hers.

sorry to prick the bubble guys. tsk, tsk,.........

maria
Provisional Member
Provisional Member

Unread post by maria »

from what i heard about it k_spy that was the essay written by lara during the ms international competition. im not that sure though

Unread post by Guest »

maria,

i don't think so. it was mentioned in the pageant that there was no pre-judging, unlike in the ms. universe. in fact lara herself said that she saw the judges for the first time on the night of the contest itself.

yes, they were given 30 minutes, i think, to compose a 'speech' on any topic they were interested in. as it turned out, lara wrote nothing about nannies because she wrote (and mouthed) about reuniting children of the world.

still, with or without that BEAUTIFUL ANSWER, the fact remains that Lara won the crown. and that's good enough for all of us, right? :D

maria
Provisional Member
Provisional Member

Unread post by maria »

k_ spy i think the whole thing is not a hoax because yesterday's issue of the philippine daily inquirer dec 1 pp A4 Lara quigaman school published an ad.. on her victory and the full length/context of that answer was also printed.

k_spy

Unread post by k_spy »

maria,

yah i saw that ad too. i just kept mum about it. but since you pointed that out, let me just say that it (the full text) was exactly the answer peddled in the internet.

amo lang ini an ako: that 'answer' was supposedly the thing that made her clinch the crown, and given that lara herself said that she met ('saw' is more like it) the judges only during the coronation night, then this line would have been delivered by her in the course of the pageant, right? because how and where else could she have totally disarmed the judges with such scintillating word wizardry? however, i watched the pageant from start to finish and i hadn't seen or heard her mouth that line.

that her school's officials printed the 'supposed' answer of lara could only mean one thing: they too, like us, had been had!

but again----what's important is she won and brought glory and fame to our country. :D

(mu-attend kaw neng nan bloggers' xmas party?)

maria
Provisional Member
Provisional Member

Unread post by maria »

i i am open for it jjust keep us posted on the developments and schedules k_spy.

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

victim...

Unread post by allen »

k_spy dear... i really waited for the question and answer portion just to listen to lara uttering those words.... uggghhh... i was disappointed when i did not hear them... i'm still proud of her, though.. :D [/b]
Once a tagon-on, always a tagon-on!

Put God first in everything that you do...

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

allen,

touche my dear! :D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-