Tips For The Newly Graduates, job hunting, job interviews...

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Tips For The Newly Graduates, job hunting, job interviews...

Unread post by BONSAL »

Here's a tip (several) :

More often than not (just my personal opinion) the actual interview event would the first time the interviewer has actually taken a good long look at your resume, so you know more about the subject matter (yourself) than he or she does.

Show interest in the company by asking smart questions. What does the company look for in entry-level staff that sets them apart from the rest? What's the basis or criteria used for promotion? How often are the performance reviews? Are goals made up and discussed with the staff? What are this company's mission statement and core values? Ask if you can see an origanization chart of the department.

Asking these questions show that you have the foresight to move forward with the company, and that you're not just trying to get it. It shows you have a vision and a plan for yourself.

Research on the company on the Net, but don't memorize lines from it because it'll make you look like you're using a textbook approach. It's ok if you don't understand the info in the website, what's important is that you nothered to read it and you have enough curiosity to ask questions.

One last thing - speak up! Nothing dampens an interview more than a meek and inaudible voice.

Good luck! Let me know how it turns out. I'm glad to be of help.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn