Arroyo Grants Pardon to Erap...

Ideology, Theories, Laws, Ethics..etc. Let's discuss anything under the sun.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, iCeprIncEsS

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Arroyo Grants Pardon to Erap...

Unread post by iCeprIncEsS »

any thoughts?
**http://habitat.org.au/**

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

A mockery of justice.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

BONSAL wrote:A mockery of justice.

The President in haste to set a convicted plunderer free makes a believer out of me, that, in this country, indeed, everything is negotiable including justice at the highest level.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

I am with you guys. I firmly believe that the President's act of granting executive clemency to Erap is a sheer demonstration that justice in our country can be negotiated. I hope this wouldn't prove to be another humiliating blunder from the President. I don't believe GMA did this for the sole sake of forgiveness -- there must be a trade off for her action, and whatever it is remains to be seen. That's how politics operate in Philippines. :roll: :roll: :roll:

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by iCeprIncEsS »

its a pity it turned out that way - i guess i had high expectations on Arroyo, being an intelligent person that she is. but then again, who knows what favors she got in exchange for it - perhaps to somehow silence the opposition and delay the call for her own impeachment until the end of her term..

whatever! it's just sad..my prayer is we don't run out of hope for genuine change to happen in spite of everything.
**http://habitat.org.au/**

cocopuff
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 14 Dec 1970

Unread post by cocopuff »

Its sad to see that whatever positive changes the government would do as an example only takes it two steps back. I don't agree that he should get away with it, forgiven maybe but he still have to serve some punishment or a fine has to be collected. Do you really think Justice have been served?
"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." -Madonna.

sigwel
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: justice....

Unread post by sigwel »

......do people really know the true meaning of it? yes, justice that is! when one says the word "justice", do we, ourselves adhere to it? . but omg, justice, do we really mean it? as we look at ourselves in the mirror.....even here as we speak, let us look at ourselves and examine. then if we can't, how do we think those aforementioned people can? there is no justice at all. like what hearsays, life is not always fair. take it or leave it, nothing is perfect. kon sa tago gani na gamatoyay na town waray justice, yaon pa kaha na entire philippines na an involve? perhaps if we all start picking up ourselves together without discrepancy within ourselves, basi da ugaling may pag bag-o. however,what had GMA done was beyond people's power control and she knows better than that....just crossing my finger that whatever she did would substantiate it's purpose, well, whatever the case maybe, only SHE knows. my lifetime belief is, no matter where we go, what we do, how we do it, life isn't just sometimes.