Career Guidance Symposium @ Purisima School

You may post your remarkable and treasured moments during Purisima days.... (Please indicate your batch) Long live the Purisimians!!!!

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, kalachuchi

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Career Guidance Symposium @ Purisima School

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

The Purisima School Alumni Association (PSAA) conducted a Career Guidance Symposium on 10 March 2007 at the Social Hall of Purisima School.

PSAA Pres. Sheila L. Portillo made sure the speakers were all alumni. And they all came prepared.

Everybody agreed that it was one activity that contributed to the decision of the seniors on what course to take.

To the officers of PSAA, congratulations for a job well done.

Heinrich Pimentel (PolScie and Law), Tata Dolon-Pimentel (Nursing), Josephine Montero-Aroa (Education), and Judith M. Oribe (Agriculture).

Engr. Lalo Acevedo (CE), Mr. Gervacio Arana (HRM), Mr. Heinrich Pimentel (Political Science and Law)

Mr. Florecito Calub (Entrepreneurship), Ms. Judith Oribe (Agriculture), and Ms. Josephine M. Aroa (Education)

Ms. Tata P. Dolon-Pimentel spoke on the Nursing profession through a nice powerpoint presentation.

Mr. Florecito "Bongbong" Calub spoke on Entrepreneurship while receiving assistance from PSAA President Sheila Portillo on the laptop.

Ma'am Pauline Morse-Seclon emceed the event.

Mr. Heinrich M. Pimentel spoke on two courses: Political Science and Law.

To the delight of students, K-spy interspersed his discussion of the Accountancy profession with a slide show of JS Prom photos.

the Organizers and the Speakers.

the audience----a mishmash of Juniors and Seniors.
Ms. Sharon L. Curada closed the activity.
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

Thank you k-spy for a nice post.

Remember? You were also our speaker during the career symposium in our batch. Your discussion about accountancy is one of the factors that convinced me to enroll in that field. Wara gayud ako magbasul. I really love my profession. I remember you said; "Being an accounting grad, a lot of alternatives waiting for you." Yes! I agree with you. And, it absolutely expanded my horizon. Thank you K-spy!

kampanaryo_spy

really bon? wow, am so flattered. you are indeed the best argument for the Accountancy profession. You've come a long way, dude!
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

Bon,

Thanks for sharing your comment about taking up accountancy. I was just waiting for people to say something. And I am very happy to know that you have no regrets at all.

Our son, Carl, is now attending college and he's taking up Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major in Accounting. Our daughter, Cheri, who will graduate from high school in May this year will also take up the same course.

A friend of mine called the other day and talked to our youngest son, Christian, who is a sixth-grader, and asked him to choose accounting because she needs more accounting staff.

What I'm trying to say is that we chose accounting because it is one of the best professions. The chances of getting employed are good. An accountant can also put up his or her own business and perform services such as, bookkeeping, tax preparation, consulting, etc. And once an accountant gets the CPA designation, or the CIA, the opportunities for higher paying jobs are just about everywhere.

Thanks also to K-Spy for sharing his knowledge to our future accountants.

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

I agree with you Badung. In fact, a number of global certifications are now waiting for accounting grads. To mention the few: We have the CIA = Certified Internal Auditor, CMA = Certified Management Accountant and CFA = Certified Fraud Examiner. Thanks to Sarbanes-Oxley Act of US. Accounting profession now sells like hotcakes...hehehe. Btw, I'm still working on for my CIA Program. I hope with God's guidance would get the certification by december this year. Thank you badung for the reviewer you'd sent to me.

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:really bon? wow, am so flattered. you are indeed the best argument for the Accountancy profession. You've come a long way, dude!

Yes K-spy! hehe. You have a distinct kind of convincing power :-D . You too K-spy! You are the best case for the accountancy profession. hehehe. Talk about broader horizon in accounting profession, you are the best model. :-D
Last edited by BONSAL on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

To Bonsal:

You're welcome. Helping you get your CIA certification is my way of saying thanks for your time and hardwork in creating this website. I also want to encourage you to keep moving forward as we are not supposed to stand still.

kampanaryo_spy

some sidelights.

1. one student asked: WHAT'S THE COURSE TO TAKE IF ONE WANTS TO BECOME PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES? Manong Lalo and Heinrich answered the query.

2. The 4th year Class Salutatorian needed advice as she's torn between Education and Accountancy. I told her to pursue Education (talk about loyalty to the Accountancy profession!) because our country needs intelligent teachers more than accountants.

3. Another needed advice on whether to take up Nursing or English. Tata Pimentel told her to be practical, meaning to go for a course that will give her immediate employment after graduation. Heinrich added that she (the student) could make a "detour" without necessarily losing sight of her goal. Like, if she really wants to pursue English but has no choice because her parents want her to take up Nursing, then it's best for her to finish Nursing first then later on, if she has the money and the time, she can fulfill her dream of becoming an English major.

4. The PSSA Officers served sumptuous snacks.
:roll

Binignit
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Binignit »

Kalooy da isab nan mga Engineer,bagan wara na say mga trabaho kuman.