YOU MIGHT HAVE THE INFO THAT SR. FIDELISA NEEDS

You may post your remarkable and treasured moments during Purisima days.... (Please indicate your batch) Long live the Purisimians!!!!

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, kalachuchi

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

YOU MIGHT HAVE THE INFO THAT SR. FIDELISA NEEDS

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Below is part of the email that Sr. Fidelisa Portillo sent me. Here's hoping you have some, if not all, of the pieces of info she needs.

Dear K-spy,

Hi! May I ask a favor to give me the history of
Purisima School when was it founded and closed:
Grade School
High School
Junior College
The arrival of the SPC Sisters
In case you missed the SPC Sisters, try writing our
Provincial Superior and ask that the Sisters will go
back again to Tago. Sana, request the Bishop that he
gives the school to the sisters just like San Nicolas
college. Best regards!

sr. Fidelisa

I intend to share this email to the PS management and to sheila portillo, PSAA President, so that they can discuss this in their monthly meeting and maybe coordinate with the PTCA of purisima school on sr. fidelisa's suggestion to write the bishop. only then can we start crossing our fingers!
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

farm82557
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by farm82557 »

K Spy, kumusta, na wara sa moabut an ako invite sa class 80-81 reunion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sin-o an iyo guest speaker? Imbitado niyo si Sr Carmen? Hain na kuman si Mana Melit, si Maam Rene, si Haydee hasta si Nining? The year, so memorable to me for the priceless experience with you guys.

No offense,but the SPC sisters put Tago on the map. Our house used to be the dormitory for boys for a few years. The parents sent them to PS dahil sa mga madre. May taga Malaybalay, Cagayan, the Suarez brothers, Castillo from Mangagoy to name a few. I hope they will be back.My brother's and my family visited with Sr Bibianne in the Vigil house several years back, mingawi kami gatan-aw sa mga Madre na kadakui an tabang sa Tago tapos bigla nawala.

The Elementary School was closed 1969. An die hard gayud nan catholic education yamalhin sa St. Theresa .

kampanaryo_spy

farm,

blame it on the postal system hahaha.

in our reunion last year, we agreed to invite sr. carmen as guest speaker for two reasons: (1) she was our high school principal; and (2) she was then assigned at cantilan, which meant we didn't have to bleed for her airfare. but then sr. carmen had a stroke and was airlifted to manila for treatment and convalescence.

the original plan was to have a beach party at cagwait and socials at purisima school. former teachers would be invited and feted. we scheduled it on the first week of june because tita was coming home for the garcia reunion. (she was with elsie, your batchmate) kitty portillo promised to come home too, and she did! just when everything was almost perfect, tita's mom-in-law suddenly died. that changed tita's plans. she had to fly to manila in haste, leaving us with our pasalubongs.

though we had a great time, but it would have more meaningful if our classmates from the barrios were around. and so we agreed to hold the grand reunion in july instead, in time for merlinda's coming home for the bday of her dad and the hangad reunion.

on hindsight now, it was just as well because our project was not completed. we promised to adopt a classroom---with a whole set of new chairs, tables, lockers, fans! so far, we have only delivered the 40 units of painted armchairs worth PhP18,000. hopefully we can unveil the "adopted" room this coming july as kick off activity.

i have already solicited from the provincial government 50,000-worth of medicines for the free medicial clinic to be handled by our doctors: laiden elizalde (internal med), emma ang (ob-gyn), rosemary clarit (internal med and pathology) and gemma young (family med). two years ago we had conducted the same activity, dispensing 50,000-worth of meds, also from the provincial government.

Ma'am Melit is the chief dietitian at Bislig District Hospital. Ma'am Rene is with Sangguniang Panlalawigan Office. Nening teaches at Jacinto P. Elpa High School. am sure you've heard that Haydee has passed recently(along with judith and benjie's eldest) the nursing board exam and is now teaching at the nursing school where she graduated.

I agree with you on the SPC sisters. people look back to the days when 'tabons' still roamed around Tago just to touch lives.

Naman haw may mulabay ngani sa dorm, amudan kumuton an kasing-kasing kay grabe na sa ka decrepit. sad because it used to be one of tago's landmarks. it was there where abb had her first brush with the dumb waiter, where she first heard 'footprints in the sand.'

but then lately something good happened to the SPC dorm. the rector of purisima, fr. glenn, decided to refurbish it---changed the ceiling, had it repainted---and transformed it into a ladies dorm. gwapuhi na kuman. kudakan ko agaw para mahipatik ko nganhi para sab kamo makakita. it's heartwarming na mapawa na an dorm haw dum. kaina paglabay ko it's refreshing to see na may mga hinayhay---pasabot---may tao na gayud nan dorm. thank god for small blessings.

i've given sr. fidelisa's email to sheila yesterday (she's now connected with the provincial capitol as accountant) and told her to certify it as priority.

things might look up for purisima especially now that sr. merceditas ang will be installed on 19 june 2006 as president of saint paul's univeristy in surigao city. she had given me a call (yagpatabang pag invite kan sam milby para sa ila centennial this september) and had invited me to her installation. unfortunately dungan sab yaon nan araw nan surigao and i have to oversee the provincial fair which we are dubbing as kaliga fair 2006.

farm, paki share basin may imo info nan ini kay waiting raba si sr. fidelisa nan ako tubag. i have to see the principal pa on this.

thanks for sounding off.

peace and love. always.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
Birthday: 01 May 1964

Unread post by sapaalaska »

Salamat Abbs sa mga old pictures nan Purisima. Na hala igo da ako magpost si Abbs da an magcaptioned.
Attachments
With the Nuns in front of the school
With the Nuns in front of the school
scan0004.jpg (24.7 KiB) Viewed 18512 times

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Church
Attachments
Church
Church
scan0007.jpg (58.8 KiB) Viewed 18510 times

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Purisima
Attachments
Purisima
Purisima
scan0006.jpg (47.17 KiB) Viewed 18508 times

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

mga girlscout na yanagposing sa atubangan nan dorm...hala sin o sa sila....
Attachments
scan0005.jpg
scan0005.jpg (19.26 KiB) Viewed 18504 times

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

sapaalaska wrote:Salamat Abbs sa mga old pictures nan Purisima. Na hala igo da ako magpost si Abbs da an magcaptioned.

Hi Guys,

Thanks to Sapaalaska’s savvy computer know how, I’m able to share these pictures with you.

SCAN0004.JPG - K-Spy, after reading your post, you sent me searching for this photo. This was taken April 1966, a month shy from my 6th birthday. The lady in the middle is, Mrs. Rafaela Edralin Lim Siazon. The name may sound familiar to some, but not to others. One day she handed me this picture and asked if I recognize any of the faces. Of course, Sister Annie’s popped. Perhaps, she saw the delight in my face and knew I’d treasure it because no sooner did she asked for me to keep it.

Nana Reling, as we fondly call her was involved with SPC all over the Philippines. It was her passion. I understand that in 1966, her close friend Sister Anacita, was assigned Principal in Purisima and held her post with an iron fist. This was the time when spoiled young boys of privileged background were sent to Purisima for early intervention of major behavioral dysfunction. She went to Tago to visit her friend, she liked what she saw and she sent her son packing. The son was later in the same class as Farm.

K-Spy, hope you can find someone who can help us identify all the sisters in this picture. The second from the left is Sister Annie. Which one is Sister Anacita? Is that Sister Cristina on Nana’s left? I cannot ask Nana anymore. Kay bagan advance stage nan iya parkensons tapos clouded na kadayaw an iya memory. She gets frustrated if she can’t remember.

Na hala. Hope their faces will bring back long forgotten memories.

SCAN0006/7 - was taken in 1999. I sneaked into Tago incognito and took pictures of my favorite spots. :cry: :cry: I cannot find the dorm pictures. Maybe it's up in the garret somewhere so....

We just have to settle for SCAN0005. I didn't post this for me and my bosom friend, Maria Ordonia to be seen but for the front of the dorm to be seen. K-Spy, you remember this... we were "camping" in the school grounds thus the complete girlscout uniform. Miss Molejon just told me something that blow my day away. I ran to the dorm and seek the comfort of my pillow. When Maria and I came out to rejoin our troupe, Iyo Alping was by Auntie Vic's canteen and conveniently snapped this picture.

I still miss the dorm... we had lots of fun memories there.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

abb,

di sab ako maka-klaro gawas kan sr. annie. abihay ko ngani si anhin charito falcon yaon wara mag habit.

makadumdum kay akon yaon picture niyo. elementary kami, yangita kamin camporee (not jamboree) sa purisima. pagka dum nan yadto may search for ms. roverette tapos ikaw an ga represent nan purisima. si felna ruiz bagan adton sa tandag high (now Jacinto P. Elpa High School).

the dorm has changed, except for the fence and the gate. post da akon updated pic nan dorm para ma sambilaw mo.

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

sisters

Unread post by SIBULING »

Si Sr.Anecita yaon sa left ni Mrs.Siazon.Mga familiar an iban kay ako sa sila mga pasyente,pero an iban wa ko na abti ,base patay na.

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

Amo kay agaw iton an dormitory sa una. Nan amo kapanahonan si Mother Adela pa an superiora. Ya-on cuarto sa ta-as tapad nan gate, amo ya-on an ako room. Wara na isab dayon nila gub-a, except, pagabahin da nila an puerta. Kay an perta sa una nan middle room was facing the stairs. Si Mother Peter nasa ngani an occupant. Ya-on sa right side (facing the dorm), amo an girls/ladies dormitory. Sa left, ad-on an sisters' chapel. Kadumdum pa gayod ako kay kon kabuntagon na ngani man ko tabonan an ako talinga nan unlan kay saba-an ako kon an mga madre ma-ngadyi na nan ila vesper na pina hi-pitch, amoda nan mga cuding na inkaligpitan...puera gaba!!'

Sa downstairs isab, sa right side was the school library. An puerta was sa front nan stairs, kay nan ila na pagahimo na dormitory yadton library, an door adto nasa sa likod nan stairs near the back door. Across the library door was the visitor's parlor. Beside the Parlor was the interns refectory and behind the Parlor was the school clinic and behind the school clinic was the music room ( sa ka Montesclaros side na isab). Sa kilid (right side) nan refectory kay kitchen na dayon.

Kadumdum pasa ako nan mga internas nan yadto na mga panahon. May mga taga Tandag. Sa Delia Plaza, Monina Dumagan, mga mojeca girls, Suzette Dictado from San Miguel, the Lozadas from Bayabas- Carmen & Basing Lozada-Garcia (Basing husband was formerly Bayabas Mayor Aquino Garcia first cousin of the current Mayor). Elsie Liquit from Lanuza, the Sals sisters from Aras-asan. the Lantorias sisters from Luzon (military kids). Mrs. Niming S. Risma - kinder teacher.(Yo Liloy Salas sister). Ms. Josefa Sison (Yo Anto Luna wife), Ms. Diding Plaza ( Yo Orit Ordonia wife, from La-Paz). Ay ay ka nostalgic sa isab nan ini na hinang.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

farm82557 wrote:No offense,but the SPC sisters put Tago on the map. Our house used to be the dormitory for boys for a few years. The parents sent them to PS dahil sa mga madre. May taga Malaybalay, Cagayan, the Suarez brothers, Castillo from Mangagoy to name a few. I hope they will be back.My brother's and my family visited with Sr Bibianne in the Vigil house several years back, mingawi kami gatan-aw sa mga Madre na kadakui an tabang sa Tago tapos bigla nawala.

The Elementary School was closed 1969. An die hard gayud nan catholic education yamalhin sa St. Theresa .

Farm,

Sorry just read your post. What you said is in concordance with what Nana Reling told me. An mga boys lagi kono inpa ship sa Purisima kay para ma desiplina tapos mag tinongnong pag eskoyla.

May imo ka dumduman nan yaon mga madre sa picture?

Sibs,

Thank you... amo baya yaon si Sister Anecita. Ya patay na siya.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Mana C,

Nan amo kapanahonan wara nay interna sa taas. Yaon na tanan sa ubos tapos may special room sa gawas na exclusively occupied by the Ordonia sisters.

The Lantoria sisters yaon sila sa west coast. An isa nurse, an isa sa real estate tapos an isa psychologist. An ila manghod na laki amoy ako ya barkada sa unahi pa.

Hala kay basin mag memory lane na isab kita ini... :wink:

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

madre

Unread post by SIBULING »

Bang ,pagpanaw ko 1999 buhi pa sa sila na Sr.Peter Sr.Annie ug Sr.Anecita.An hinbaw an ko si Sr.Peter ,patay na inday kun patay na si Sr.Anecita.

ako pa ipa scan sa ako kabanahan an mga pictures nan mga madre kay nan kasal namo amoy mga bisita ko.Tapos panganli dayun niyo.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Sibs,

Segi paabot kami nan imo mga pictures. Tapos butangi nan names para kilahan ta.

OO patay na si Sister Anecita. Abtan mo sila sa Sister Lil, listohi mo guitar astan Sister Hyacinth gwupahi yadto siya diba?

Komustan shopping para mga sinogatan?
[/b]