Tagosds.Org Discussion Board

Laong nila an taga Tago kuno para-away pero hanugay. Mamingawuni naman ganahani mandahap-dahap nan notisya. Naman ini na pabyon inhimo para kita na mga Tagon-on magkasinusihay, magka-binayluay nan mga gilaong, nan notisya, nan kaayuhan.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:34 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:17 am 
Offline
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 3570
Location: 13,750 feet above sea level
For Alimoding, it was a thing of many firsts: his first time to wear white long sleeves; his first time to wear a black tie; his first time to wear cuff links; his first time to wear black shoes and belt of genuine leather; and his first time to hold a diploma.

At six-feet-two, Alimoding Luna Alim, 21 years old, stood tall as part of the 2008 graduates of Mga Bayani ng Pilipinas Elementary School.

Alimoding could have made a beeline by taking DepEd’s placement test like some of his Tagon-on townmates. But no, he preferred the long route, determined as he was to learn things on a daily basis.

It was not easy for him though. Picture him at the flag ceremony, towering above his classmates and schoolmates; picture him in class, sitting sideways because he couldn’t sit straight without his right knee raising the armchair and his feet pushing against the chair in front; picture him answering questions in raspy baritone instead of pre-pubescent falsetto; picture him playing basketball during Intrams with his opponents complaining about his being Goliath and their being Lilliputs. Yes, the heckles he received were many. But he didn’t mind, focused as he was on graduating.

In the morning of 27 March 2008, Alimoding looked dapper in black and white ensemble that one would never think he was on his way to an elementary graduation exercises.

Image

Everybody at Tago gym rooted for Alimoding, not with malice but with genuine appreciation. He was such an inspiring vision that the guest speaker spurned her prepared speech over an impromptu message that extolled Alimoding’s touching story.

The crowd broke to a thunderous applause when Alimoding received his diploma; while his mother, Marilou Luna-Alim, sat in the corner in her pants and geometric light brown blouse, letting the tears roll down her cheeks and not bothering to wipe them. And one could only guess that she felt proud and happy because despite his age and family circumstance, most especially his notoriety with the police for childish shenanigans, Alimoding had won his own personal redemption.

Image

When Alimoding finally held the diploma, the guest speaker, the principal, the teachers, and the rest of the guests gave him a standing ovation. And as he locked hands with them, Alimoding never knew that he had actually locked in the role of being a tower of hope and inspiration to Tagon-ons.




Image

FROM ALL OF US: CONGRATULATIONS NGODZ!

_________________
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:41 pm 
Offline
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 541
Location: sapa
to alimoding:

CONGRATS!!!! at last laong pa nan ako classmate sa una, I GRADUATION!!! :roll :roll :roll :roll Now listen, The greatest treasures are the treasures that lie within... Success is important but significance is even better..... Study harder...MYMP (make your mama proud) GOOD LUCK!!! :-) :-) :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:22 am 
Offline
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 820
Location: Dap-dap/Michigan
Alomoding,pasto;an sab mangimbarot sa lang kita sa imo.

Congrats!Magtadong kaw gayud!Padayun!

kumusta mo ako kan uncle mo jan ug joan.claasmate nako.


mana tats


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:34 am 
Offline
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:47 am
Posts: 620
Location: Alaska
Birthday: 01 May 1964
Alimonding, i'll surely pass this inspiring story of yours courtesy of K-spy to my kids. Congratulations and yes MYMP or MYFP. Good luck and I'll see you in May. K-spy, dayang na sab ako with matching tiyaho pa. Gazillion thanks to you. You're one of a kind. I haven't said this to you but I love you and thanks for your friendship. Adoy ono na ini very emotional na sa ako. kadumdum sa gud ako between Ali's fam and ours. Di ba k-spy?? .

_________________
Remember, each of us is a vital thread in another person’s tapestry; our lives are woven together for a reason. One of the best things to hold onto in this world is a friend.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 3570
Location: 13,750 feet above sea level
sapaalaska wrote:
Gazillion thanks to you. You're one of a kind. I haven't said this to you but I love you and thanks for your friendship. Adoy ono na ini very emotional na sa ako. kadumdum sa gud ako between Ali's fam and ours. Di ba k-spy?


saps,

salamatirs sab. oo, kadumdumi pa ako. you want me to write about it? hahaha joke.

_________________
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:41 am 
Offline
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 541
Location: sapa
[quote="SIBULING"]Alomoding,pasto;an sab mangimbarot sa lang kita sa imo.

to sibuling:

ako da lang paga impart an ako ingka hibaw-an... who knows maka hatag baya nan inpiration sa iban... di ba? kay amo say gayod purpose nan inin ato pabyon. Kay kahin pa sa iningles na, At the end of our lives, what fills our hearts with regret are not all the ristks we took. Instead, what causes us to feel immense sadness is thinking about all the risks we didn't take, all the opportunities we did not seize, all the things we did not do....


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:58 pm 
Offline
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 8:00 am
Posts: 3111
Location: Taga Silang/Las Pinas City
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976
pato wrote:
SIBULING wrote:
Alomoding,pasto;an sab mangimbarot sa lang kita sa imo.

to sibuling:

ako da lang paga impart an ako ingka hibaw-an... who knows maka hatag baya nan inpiration sa iban... di ba? kay amo say gayod purpose nan inin ato pabyon. Kay kahin pa sa iningles na, At the end of our lives, what fills our hearts with regret are not all the ristks we took. Instead, what causes us to feel immense sadness is thinking about all the risks we didn't take, all the opportunities we did not seize, all the things we did not do....


Gabahis kay gayud taraw anhin ako batch! Wang, amo da kay kaw gayud si anhin Lolo mo Fidel. :roll

_________________
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:25 pm 
Offline
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 3570
Location: 13,750 feet above sea level
bon,

[-X abay barawa.
:-D

_________________
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:27 pm 
Offline
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:37 am
Posts: 435
Location: tapad nan ice plant
congrats alimoding... perfectly inspiring gayud kaw...

k_spy,

an ako experience isab sa awasan(mercedes) primary school grabehi isab... 11 da kabuok an grade 1 bisan isa kanila way sakto na edad na grade 1 puros mga "tween" between 10-12 years old.... so touching & inspiring... :) :) :) an 10 honors na daan an isa masundo bagan in awardan dakan nan most "pankwal"(punctual)... :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
" The POWER is in your HEAD."


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:04 pm 
Offline
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 541
Location: sapa
BONSAL wrote:
pato wrote:
SIBULING wrote:
Alomoding,pasto;an sab mangimbarot sa lang kita sa imo.

to sibuling:

ako da lang paga impart an ako ingka hibaw-an... who knows maka hatag baya nan inpiration sa iban... di ba? kay amo say gayod purpose nan inin ato pabyon. Kay kahin pa sa iningles na, At the end of our lives, what fills our hearts with regret are not all the ristks we took. Instead, what causes us to feel immense sadness is thinking about all the risks we didn't take, all the opportunities we did not seize, all the things we did not do....


Gabahis kay gayud taraw anhin ako batch! Wang, amo da kay kaw gayud si anhin Lolo mo Fidel. :roll


To tell you honestly? Yes, my lolo taught me a lot when he was still alive. But let me share you what i've read lately."I'm just a messenger to tell people about the light, so that all should hear the message and believe. It's the real light --- the light that comes into the world and shines on all mankind...." - John 1:7-9- BEAUTIFUL!!! Isn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:36 pm 
Offline
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 475
Location: taga silang
Birthday: 02 Jul 1979
pats, uno anhi.... magpastoray kaw galing anhi bagan puro sa bible related anhin imo mga tingganon.. hehehe... hahahha....


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm 
Offline
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 8:00 am
Posts: 3111
Location: Taga Silang/Las Pinas City
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976
fiona wrote:
pats, uno anhi.... magpastoray kaw galing anhi bagan puro sa bible related anhin imo mga tingganon.. hehehe... hahahha....


Fion,

Laong pa ni K-spy abay pagbarawa!

_________________
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:04 pm 
Offline
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 475
Location: taga silang
Birthday: 02 Jul 1979
BONSAL wrote:
fiona wrote:
pats, uno anhi.... magpastoray kaw galing anhi bagan puro sa bible related anhin imo mga tingganon.. hehehe... hahahha....


Fion,

Laong pa ni K-spy abay pagbarawa!


hehehe.... basin da mapastor inin ako pagtagsa, bon..maparehas kan KIBOLOY... :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:28 pm 
Offline
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 541
Location: sapa
fiona wrote:
BONSAL wrote:
fiona wrote:
pats, uno anhi.... magpastoray kaw galing anhi bagan puro sa bible related anhin imo mga tingganon.. hehehe... hahahha....


Fion,

Laong pa ni K-spy abay pagbarawa!


hehehe.... basin da mapastor inin ako pagtagsa, bon..maparehas kan KIBOLOY... :lol: :lol: :lol:


hahahaha.... wara Fion yag share da lang... kay laong sa gud ni Bonsal na, "Selfless service is the rent I pay for living on this wonderful planet." basta kay dayang ako...... hahaha Peace Bon !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:53 am 
Offline
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 3570
Location: 13,750 feet above sea level
pats,

abay gayud pagpa kahu sa ila. :-D padayon nan imo paglawig ngadto sa pinulungang langyaw. :roll

_________________
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group