a most admired teacher

A biographical sketch of Tagon-ons who make a difference.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

a most admired teacher

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

March means many things to many people. But for most of us, it’s all about graduation. And when I think of graduation, I think of my favorite teacher.

I was lucky in the sense that I had excellent teachers, without exception, at Falcon Memorial Elementary School. I had excellent teachers too at Purisima School, most notably the SPC nuns: Sisters Suzette, Cecilia, and Carmen. I had excellent teachers too at the University of San Carlos, particularly Ms. Romeo, the speech goddess.

My favorite teacher is first among equals. And this post is a tribute to her, coming as it does 30 years late.

(to read the full article, click: http://kspy65.blogspot.com/)
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: a most admired teacher

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Thank you…she’s so worthy of this.

This, she may never know but, she kindled my romance with the classics, introduced me to the love and passion of Marlowe and Ralegh, the tragedies and macabre of Allan Poe, among others and, she opened my eyes to the colorful world of the Renaissance. Yes, she was our English Lit teacher. My mind’s eyes can still see her grey cloth-bound text book.

How is she? If you see her, please tell her I said hello.
Last edited by Alibangbang on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote:K-Spy,

abb,

you bet!

if i'm not mistaken, our english lit teacher then was farm. my memory of the subject is quite hazy now that all i could remember was farm made us recite a poem about Clytaemnestra, Agamemnon's wife and Helen of Troy's half-sister.

she's fine, i mean, she was when i saw her last. :-D yes, i'll tell her you said hello.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy,

Ay nah !!!!!!! our home wireless connection has gone haywire again. It’s so erratic and intermittent that it is almost impossible to login let alone upload/download anything. Not sure if this is a localized problem, but ever since Fios arrived in the neighborhood, it been nothing but extreme frustration for below unwelcome pop-up is what I often see.

=================
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
• You are not connected to the Internet.
• The website is encountering problems.
• There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information
==================

K-Spy, pamati ko amodan ingaba-an na isab. My brain fried, body numb to exhaustion. Tan-awa yagka dali sayop ton mga post ko.
Let me hit "submit" before my luck runs out and get disconnected again...grrrrr....
Last edited by Alibangbang on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

Ay nah !!!!!!! our home internet connection has gone haywire again.
=================
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
• You are not connected to the Internet.
• The website is encountering problems.
• There might be a typing error in the address.
What you can try:

Diagnose Connection Problems

More information
==================
abb,

amo sab yaon an laong kanako kaina kay minderetcho sa lagi ako sa tagosds.org/forum. sa tungod nan yaon na mga gilaong na pagalatid mo sa taas, yaoy pagamention na "HOMEPAGE" , i click yaon. kay amoy inhimo ko, adto sali tunga iton bag-o na pamayhon nan pabyon.

dali-a tagad wa pa mag umido atong pingkuter mo.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

kampanaryo_spy wrote:

abb,

you bet!

if i'm not mistaken, our english lit teacher then was farm. my memory of the subject is quite hazy now that all i could remember was farm made us recite a poem about Clytaemnestra, Agamemnon's wife and Helen of Troy's half-sister.

K-Spy,

:-D As you said, and I agree; she was one admirable teacher. Amo isab siya paga pa memoria kanamo an "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" ni Marlowe sanan "The Nymphs Reply to the Shepherd" in Raleigh haw paga pa tubag-tubag niya boy-girl boy-girl in class. :-D

she's fine, i mean, she was when i saw her last. :-D yes, i'll tell her you said hello.
K-Spy, hope she remembers me