SISTER MERCEDITAS O. ANG, SPC - President, SPU Surigao

A biographical sketch of Tagon-ons who make a difference.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

mimi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by mimi »

hi allen! if it isn't too much to ask and when you have the time, please post some photos taken during Sister's installation. Thanks.

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

Re: Congrats

Unread post by allen »

SIBULING wrote:Hi SR.Mers,ay ay kaganahi lang nimo ka very successful mo gayud.

HI allen ,bagan ikaw an musunod garo.

bagan, in huwasan ako nan dagko na singot pag kabasa nako nan ini na comment... hahaha... hamoki pa na sako nan bugas an angay ko kan-on... as in... hahaha... anyway, thanks for believing in me mana... everything is possible with God, right? see you! mwuah.
Once a tagon-on, always a tagon-on!

Put God first in everything that you do...

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by allen »

mimi wrote:hi allen! if it isn't too much to ask and when you have the time, please post some photos taken during Sister's installation. Thanks.

paningkamutan ko na mahi post adto. hmmmm....

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

allen,

you must (should?) post it. heard from emily and tessie molejon-miranda that it (the speech) was one of a kind----concise yet so packed with insights! and she delivered it kuno in a manner and pace that was so 'relaxed.' no wonder she enthralled the audience.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by allen »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:allen,

you must (should?) post it. heard from emily and tessie molejon-miranda that it (the speech) was one of a kind----concise yet so packed with insights! and she delivered it kuno in a manner and pace that was so 'relaxed.' no wonder she enthralled the audience.

yes, k-spy. plus the emphasis on "fellow surigaonons" that people here loved to hear... [/b]

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

Hala taraw ALLEN
i-post an mga pix niyo kay para isab ako makadumdum na iyo mga hulagway. Kay mga piso' (chicks) pasa lagi kamo nan minpanaw ako sa Tago. Palihug kon may iyo Tagon-on pix nan yadto na occasyon e-apil pag post. Teng-U very big. :) :)
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

thanks and i need help...

Unread post by allen »

hello everyone. sister merceditas would like to extend her heartfelt gratitude to those who posted their greetings and congratulations in this website... :) :) :)

btw, i'm ready to post some pictures taken during the installation of sister merceditas. however, i don't know how to post them in the gallery of this site. forgive my ignorance. huhuhu. bonsal and k-spy, help please.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Re: thanks and i need help...

Unread post by BONSAL »

allen wrote:hello everyone. sister merceditas would like to extend her heartfelt gratitude to those who posted their greetings and congratulations in this website... :) :) :)

btw, i'm ready to post some pictures taken during the installation of sister merceditas. however, i don't know how to post them in the gallery of this site. forgive my ignorance. huhuhu. bonsal and k-spy, help please.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi len! you can use the "Add an Attachment" function in posting a picture in the forum. You may refer in the below instructions & diagram:
Attachments
Instructions:<br /><br />- Click browse to locate pictures/graphics you wish to post.<br /><br />- Click &amp;amp;quot;Add Attachment&amp;amp;quot; button<br /><br />- Then, click submit.<br /><br />(note: you need to input a subject before clicking submit button)
Instructions:

- Click browse to locate pictures/graphics you wish to post.

- Click &amp;quot;Add Attachment&amp;quot; button

- Then, click submit.

(note: you need to input a subject before clicking submit button)
attach.JPG (93.12 KiB) Viewed 13970 times
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

LEN, if you have problem posting the pix, just e-mail (attachment) it to me and I will take care of it. My e-mail address: canicosa@sbcglobal.net attached five pictures at a time. kay para dili madugay an imo uploading. :) :) take care

Mana C

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

yapada ko na...

Unread post by allen »

cordapya wrote:
LEN, if you have problem posting the pix, just e-mail (attachment) it to me and I will take care of it. My e-mail address: canicosa@sbcglobal.net attached five pictures at a time. kay para dili madugay an imo uploading. :) :) take care

Mana C

mana c, salamater sa tabang...yahipada ko na sa imo e-mail... thanks a lot!

bon, salamat isab.

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

LEN, the pix are already posted sa FORUM>GALLERY>EVENTS. Go ahead, check it out. Thank you LEN. :) :wink:

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

Response of Sister Merceditas during her Installation

Unread post by allen »

Dear Admin,

Good day!

As requested, I am posting the reply of Sister Merceditas during her installation as president of SPU Surigao. May the readers be inspired by her words and continue to pray for her and for the SPU Surigao Community, especially as San Nicolas College, now SPU Surigao, celebrates its CENTENNIAL Jubilee in September 2006.

Bon, i'm just posting this here. Ikaw na an bahala kun hain nimo ini i plastar, amo? salamaters.

Allen

INSTALLATION RESPONSE

A blessed day to all! Maradjaw na buntag sa idjo tanan. Good morning.

I always believe that position is an opportunity to SERVE …to serve with humility and charity, thus incarnate the goodness of God.

As I accept in loving obedience the mission to be at your service here in Surigao, I am thrilled to realize that you, my beloved Surigaonons, and I, also a Surigaonon, are meant to be together again. Actually, this is the third time that I am assigned in Surigao. I was first assigned here as a novice in 1997. Then, I was back as first year junior in 1998. When I left Surigao in 2000, I joked “I shall return.” I never thought that it will become a reality now. After six years, here I am: back in Surigao! For me, this is very meaningful and joyful because I will be serving you, my beloved “Surigaonons”. And this time, it will be sweeter as our camaraderie and collaboration will grow deeper.

To take charge of a Catholic school like this Paulinian school in the midst of the city of Surigao and the only university in the CARAGA region, is indeed an astounding task. Our school has to stand-out and make a difference. This is our educational goal and evangelizing mission.

In this postmodern era of globalization, information explosion, and rapid technological advancement, education is seen in wider and varied perspectives. Education is no longer understood as simply imparting knowledge and skills, more so, it is concerned with the total development of the person as active participant in the lifelong learning process, as responsible citizen and agent of social transformation, as bearer of cultural development and universal values. Education is likewise considered as an inner journey in keeping with ideals and freedom, in search for the real meaning of life, and the formation of values as challenged by the phenomenon of being and the process of becoming. Ultimately, education is to find connection with the source of all knowledge and supreme creator of all. The bottom line of education is the attainment of fullness of personhood that God wants us to be. This underscores the relevance of Catholic education.

The quality Catholic education that we offer in St. Paul University Surigao will surely make a difference because we will see to it that it will be an experience of a lifetime where EXCELLENCE and HOLINESS will go hand in hand. Our students will be BRIGHT and UPRIGHT because our teachers will mold the mind, heart, and soul of each student with love and expertise duly inspired by God’s own masterpiece. The school milieu will make a difference because it promotes maximum learning, instills the experience of God, and builds a culture of peace, social awareness and basic respect for the dignity of the human person.

St. Paul University Surigao will not be like just any other school. SPUS will make a difference because its learning environment is conducive to the flourishing of cognitive, affective, and applied knowledge and skills; where academic proficiency is well-complemented with proper values and character formation; and students harness high IQ (intelligence quotient), high EQ (emotional quotient), and high SQ (spiritual quotient).

We will see to it that the Nico-Paulinian graduates are globally competitive, competent, morally and ethically upright, and possess positive and pro-active attitudes towards life and work. It will not be surprising, therefore, if the employers will be the ones to run after them. We will make sure that our own Nico-Paulinian graduates will render notable breakthroughs in their lifetime that would make the Surigaonons happy and proud.

Vision, dreams, and aspirations are meant to be realized with commitment and determination, cooperation, perspiration, and of course divine intervention. Together, we can make things happen, because all things work for good for all those who love God and do things for his purpose.

Your presence today is truly valued. Thank you for sharing with me this significant occasion. In the face of a noble yet difficult mission, I feel so small and inadequate. But I have steadfast faith in God and I believe that His grace will be sufficient.

In thanksgiving and supplication, may I enjoin you to PRAY with me:

Ever loving and merciful God, truly you cannot be outdone in generosity and
your love is boundless. For everything, we are so grateful. We invoke
your holy wisdom and guidance, as we embark on a momentous journey
towards a quality Catholic education that would truly make a difference in
the lives of people and bring you glory and honor.

Thank you for the generous outpouring of blessings and for the gift of
persons, particularly –

 Sister Zeta Rivero, Sister Lilia Tolentino, and the Provincial Council
for the trust and support;

 The Sisters, my family, relatives, and friends, and all the loving and
supportive persons who are here today to be part of this special
occasion and mission;

 Bishop Odchimar, all the priests who concelebrated, the acolytes
and choir, and all those who helped make this event successful;

 The past Presidents of San Nicolas College now St. Paul University
Surigao: Sr. Pura Belmonte, Sr. Josefa Grey, Sr. Felicina Gubuan,
Sr. Renee Javato, Sr. Helen Malubay, and Sr. Teresita Bayona, who,
by their competence and dedication, have made this school a reputable
institution of learning;

 The heroic teachers and staff, who exemplify professional commitment
and patience, and trailblazed a Nico-Paulinian education which stresses
on intellectual prowess, spiritual and moral ascendancy, integrity
of character, and social responsibility;

 The students who are prepared to meet the challenges of daily living
and equipped with knowledge, skills, and values to assume their roles
as tomorrow’s leaders who will contribute to nation-building and
improve the quality of life;

 The parents who entrust their children to us to be cultivated in mind
and heart and nourished in spirit, and who nurture an effective
parent-teacher alliance for the Catholic formation of their children; and

 The alumni, friends and benefactors who continuously and generously
extend support and cooperation in all our endeavors;

Dear Lord, we seek your enlightenment as we traverse the paths of change
and progress. Help us in our concerted effort to extol the legacy of the
Nico-Paulinian education that provides a bastion of academic and moral
excellence. We are cognizant that education is most meaningful when it
results in the fullness of personhood and serves the purpose of the divine
attributes. As the intellect is ordained to truth, the willpower moves toward
what is good. And every teacher, staff, and student would be perfected
in right actions by seeking truth and doing good.

We beg you, Lord, to sanctify our endeavors of evangelization through
education by the realization of our vision-mission, marked by the SPC
spirituality and identity, enriched with the SPC core values, and aligned
with the five (5) priorities of the Philippine province.

Animate our curriculum that it will be wholistic, relevant, life-giving,
values-oriented, attuned to the pulsebeat of development and advancement,
and responsive to the growing needs of the community, the country and the world.

Help us to transcend the barriers of self-centeredness and indifference. Such
that, we can foster love, kindness, forgiveness, understanding, justice,
peace, harmony, prosperity and goodwill.

Inspire us to participate in social change efforts and to advocate a better
quality of life. Make us generous in self-giving, humble service, empathy
and care for others, especially the poor and needy.

Bless our commitment to make St. Paul University Surigao a premier
institution of learning, where quality teaching results in optimal learning,
and spirituality thrives to bring out the best in people for the glory of God.

Lord, may your love always reign in our hearts and the light of divine wisdom lead
us all into the fulfillment of our mission. Amen.

Thank you very much for coming. Salamat mga Surigaonons. God bless us all!

-Sister Merceditas O. Ang, SPC
June 19, 2006
San Nicolas de Tolentino Cathedral
Surigao City

allen
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by allen »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:allen,

Your wish is my command.... btaw, na post na nako... success! hmmm...

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

allen,

thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful, edifying message. i'll print and pass it around.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

thanks len! i'll post the link of the speech at the mainpage later. :)
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn