HELL is spelled N.A.S.I.P.I.T. W.H.A.R.F.*

You just bought a new product and you're not satisfied with it? or got screwed up with a deficient service? Write a full review and let the whole world know.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

HELL is spelled N.A.S.I.P.I.T. W.H.A.R.F.*

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

Let me get straight to the point: if you’re going home to Tago, never go the Nasipit way if you can help it!

We’ve heard horror stories about porters, tricycle, and jeepney drivers out to skin you alive at Nasipit Wharf. For instance, porters demand to carry your luggage despite your protestations and make you pay ransom. Refuse to pay up and the tricycle driver (who takes you to Nasipit Jeepney Terminal) will say, “bayri na lang na; di man ta ka larga ug di na nimo bayran.” The same thing happens when you reach the Jeepney Terminal where it’s the turn of the jeepney driver (who takes you to Butuan Bus Terminal) to say, “bayri na lang na; di man ta ka larga ug di na nimo bayran.”

Yes, everything’s scripted at Nasipit Wharf!

Let’s backtrack a bit, to Cebu City where you take the boat to Nasipit.

The assigned pier for Nasipit-bound passengers is far from the city, which means additional taxi fare. Worse, the place is unlit, dingy, and isolated, making you paranoid holduppers lurk in the dark.

Bedlam starts at the pier’s entrance as passengers bound for Nasipit, Iligan, and Dipolog elbow each other to advance on the narrow passageway. And just when you emerge from the crowd in some stage of sweaty undress, you realize you have to scamper for the shuttle bus that takes you to your boat of choice.

There’s no system on how to board the bus, so anything goes. Lucky you if you could board the bus through the door; chances are, you have to go through the window, which is quite high. And it's here where things can be unwieldy especially if you have a kid slung on your left hip, and two heavy bags dangling from your right hand and another four from your left.

And so, if (bad)luck finds you taking the Nasipit route, here are some tips for you:

1. Go to Pier Cinco not later than 4 PM, never mind if the boat leaves at 8 PM.

2. Don’t carry luggage more than your hands can carry; you’ll be sorry God gave you only two hands.

3. Upon arrival at Nasipit Wharf, don’t join the rush to disembark where porter-thugs are at their fiercest. Take your sweet time.

4. The tricycle fare from the wharf to the jeepney terminal is P10 but the driver will charge you P10 per bag without telling you in advance. He’ll do this later at the jeepney terminal for the jeepney driver to utter his dialogue I mentioned above.

5. The jeepney fare from Nasipit to Butuan Bus Terminal is P25 but the konduktor will charge you P35 for some “terminal fee.”

6. Somebody said that there's now a taxi parked to the right of the exit that ferries passengers from Nasipit Wharf to Butuan Terminal at P150 per head. This eliminates a lot of transfers and yes, headaches.

If you want a taste of hell, take the Nasipit route. If not, beat the path to Surigao City where everything is relatively easy.

(* based on my past and recent experience)
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: HELL is spelled N.A.S.I.P.I.T. W.H.A.R.F.*

Unread post by Alibangbang »

SANTISIMA TRINIDAD !!! :shock: Thanks for sharing.

K-Spy, fan ako nan via nubwenta kay look forward nan tinowa sa Hiyang-gabon. :-D :-D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by iCeprIncEsS »

i was stranded twice in Nasipit, and both times, it left me pleasant memories. it was coupled with inconvenience but....anyway, the first one, i got to know some cute guys who became my friends when we got back to Cebu, the second time, nasipit princess arrived 6pm instead of the 6am schedule. i befriended a nice lady on the boat who took me to her home and gave me a temporary shelter for the night. i eventually went to the bus terminal to wait there but her kindness really touched me.

my two experiences above are the only redeeming value to an otherwise hellish Nasipit route.
**http://habitat.org.au/**

toyang
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Unread post by toyang »

K-spy,

Salamat sa tip mo...angotan ko dakan mag agi nadto sa Surigao bahala na mahakad an tinae ko nan kahayab
nan iton agihan sa Noventa.
Don't get disappointed when God doesn't give you what you want... For he knows the
best time for you to have it...

kiboglets
Devoted Member
Devoted Member
Birthday: 16 Oct 1971

Unread post by kiboglets »

iCeprIncEsS wrote:i was stranded twice in Nasipit, and both times, it left me pleasant memories. it was coupled with inconvenience but....anyway, the first one, i got to know some cute guys who became my friends when we got back to Cebu, the second time, nasipit princess arrived 6pm instead of the 6am schedule. i befriended a nice lady on the boat who took me to her home and gave me a temporary shelter for the night. i eventually went to the bus terminal to wait there but her kindness really touched me.

my two experiences above are the only redeeming value to an otherwise hellish Nasipit route.
ice,

aduy duda ko intuyo mo pag agi sa NASIPIT kay mag BOYLET hunting kaw? [-X peace ICE

kampanaryo_spy

Alibangbang wrote:K-Spy, fan ako nan via nubwenta kay look forward nan tinowa sa Hiyang-gabon.

i agree. pero di naw meal station kuman an hayanggabon abb, adto na sa bun-ot, carrascal which, to me, is much better in terms of menu offering.

and yes, toyang is right; noventa remains to be a sight to behold, her acrophobia notwithstanding. galing kay abugi kuman sa noventa because of the presence of hauler trucks nan mga mining firms. naman pag li-ad mon cuello mo sa surigao city tagad gahuwat nan order sa jollibee, itumi pa sa alkitran an dalit mo. wa pa say lagi aircon bus na ga byahe nan yaon na ruta sa pagka kuman.

tapos kulbai. nanga? gakanat an dagkui na signages sa hagip-ot na caretera na: FALLING ROCKS. hala naay abb and toyang, imajina naay an suspense na gadagan an bus tapos wara kaw mahibawo haw hain dapit gikan an gakaligid na dakui na bato na posible mupisat kanimo. ok dakan sa constuction site kay hibawo kaw hain gikan an laong pan amigo ko "falling the breeze" (debris). matay, kataru raba maghunat sa kahon nan may mga labhag :shock: :shock: .

oh well, nobody said travelling this side of the continent is a breeze. ](*,)
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by pato »

sa laktod ngadto dakan kita magpareserve (PAL Express) kan oso-os next time mo uli kita. Paging oso-os. :-D :-D :-D

kampanaryo_spy

aw amo, pats? good, it'll spare us all the troubles. pero hapiti na gayud pats an mga karsada mahuman. pag pagpangasawa mo puhon, turatoy na gayud an mga karakwa nan mga pato. daan malipay gayud an pabo sa cantilan kay ga hinamhinam na raba. aduy an bangus na ga latab-latab an taba sa tiyan lamii. :-D

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by pato »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:aw amo, pats? good, it'll spare us all the troubles. pero hapiti na gayud pats an mga karsada mahuman. pag pagpangasawa mo puhon, turatoy na gayud an mga karakwa nan mga pato. daan malipay gayud an pabo sa cantilan kay ga hinamhinam na raba. aduy an bangus na ga latab-latab an taba sa tiyan lamii. :-D
hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: ay ay sab k_spy ag mo kay gayod dayon palabi-an.

iCeprIncEsS
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by iCeprIncEsS »

kiboglets wrote:
ice,

aduy duda ko intuyo mo pag agi sa NASIPIT kay mag BOYLET hunting kaw? [-X peace ICE
kibs ayaw pagsaba kay taga ato da kay an mga boylet..pagahanap ko gani kay gadisappearing sa inday hain na pagabutang ni Lord kuman
**http://habitat.org.au/**

kiboglets
Devoted Member
Devoted Member
Birthday: 16 Oct 1971

Unread post by kiboglets »

iCeprIncEsS wrote:
kiboglets wrote:
ice,

kibs ayaw pagsaba kay taga ato da kay an mga boylet..pagahanap ko gani kay gadisappearing sa inday hain na pagabutang ni Lord kuman
ice,

sus madayaw gani kay ga disappear sila wara garu kamo magkita ni Jones kun ga " APPEAR ' :lol:
belated happy birthday :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=