FMES 2007 COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES

remembering Falcon Memorial Elementary School...
to recall probably the most enjoyable time of your life—childhood.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
Birthday: 01 May 1964

Unread post by sapaalaska »

K-spy, ganahi an imo speech. Dili da haw sa graduates bisan ako yamotivate bagan anhi. Dili lamang ako magsaba kon onoy ako dream ug passion. salamat!

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Sakto kaw Saps.

K-Spy, brief, concise and to the point gayod. Plantsado. Wara ako kalugar pag basa kaina. Koman mentras ga tagad kami nan amo order panihapon paga basa namo ni Alexa an copia. I told her to read it slow para ma digest niya. I told her to ask if she has questions. She picked up on Job. Karlo asked who's Job? She replied, "The Godly man who lost everything but got it all back after he passes the supreme test". Tinan away kami ni Lu. :)

Dream Big? She asked, "Do you think Tita Tessie saw my poster?" A poster she hang over her bed, a small kitty dreaming she's a Tiger with the word, Dream Big! etched on the clouds.

K-Spy, I think she got it. I hope she got it. Kay pagka tapos niya basa ga poyo tapos laong, "Alright I got it, I'll be that Blue little Engine That Could" :-D kadumduman niyan iya classic by Watty Piper. Pero laong ko the little engine is about optimism, what Tito Romel is saying is setting goals and sticking to it.

Lately K-Spy, an ako BP sung-ko sab sa bobongan kay ini sila upat niya ka barkada yanga addict nan manga (anime) she spent hours drawing and creating her own with really off the wall action-filled futuristic plots. Amoy unahon ugsa an homework and study. Kanaman 9:00 pm usahay combati pa nan homework. Min promise na sun-don kono niyan imo paga laong after the Easter break. School work first before anything else. Please keep your fingers crossed.

Mana Uhot dumdum kaw nan yaon mga yaka paste sa iya wall? Damoe na koman. Colored pa. Mga idea baya nila yaon. Kay gahimo baya sila nan their own series. Tapos ila kono e submit for publication. Katawa gayod nan Ama. Laong dayon, Oh yan maligaya kana yong anak mo talagang Dream Big nga. Way gayod ako dag-anan. ](*,)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

FMES

Unread post by Uhot »

Alibangbang wrote:Sakto kaw Saps.

Dream Big? She asked, "Do you think Tita Tessie saw my poster?" A poster she hang over her bed, a small kitty dreaming she's a Tiger with the word, Dream Big! etched on the clouds.

Mana Uhot dumdum kaw nan yaon mga yaka paste sa iya wall? Damoe na koman. Colored pa. Mga idea baya nila yaon. Kay gahimo baya sila nan their own series. Tapos ila kono e submit for publication. Katawa gayod nan Ama. Laong dayon, Oh yan maligaya kana yong anak mo talagang Dream Big nga. Way gayod ako dag-anan. ](*,)

sori beri slofut sa lagi ako mga bata (alexa and karlo), dugaye maka-sumpay, pero ini gihapon ako para mo dasig sa iyo duha ....

'f course, i saw you posters and drawings on your bedroom walls, which made me first wonder but when I got near them and your Mom explained them to me as I am ignoy about anime ... you amused me, how you transformed your ideas into writings, drawings and posters too. go on where your desire is leading you to make your dreams come true with your parents guidance. you both are very lucky to have parents like them. Onward with your ambition. :wink :) :-D
Stop, look and listen ... "Silence is golden!"

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

Reading your speech, aside from being spellbound by the content of it (very well crafted indeed, I salute!) has taken me aback my memory lane where as a student in computer course, a subject "Personal Development" was one vital requirement in the course I was taking up to upgrade my computer skills so many years ago. Back then, I wondered what on earth this subject had to do with updating my computer skills in an effort to get back into the workforce after a torpid time looking after my kids/growing family.

In this short subject, the core topic is how to succeed in every undertaking. Here, we talked about
Goal setting as the key factor for a person to succeed in life. We talked about individual strengths & weaknesses, passion, motivation, perseverance, visualization, and most of all the importance of positive thinking. All these are ingredients in goal setting.

There are 3 kinds of goals namely: Short Term, Medium Term and Long Term goal. We are encouraged to dream BIG and work towards the realization of it. If a dream is too big, it must be broken down into its desired timeframe to make the dream achievable. Another component of setting one's goal is for it to be realistic.

Before we start our lessons in this subject, we are asked to close our eyes and focus only on ourselves. We were asked to have pleasant imagery of anything related to what we would like to achieve like; mental images of ourselves working in the office, then coming home and opening our pay slips, buying a new car, etc. etc. Sometimes mental portrait of a happy family having fun in a great expanse of a park - this, if one's dream is to have a happy family. An accompanying music is played while doing this. This is called visualization. By visualizing you are motivated to do your best in order to realize your goal. Visualization is a very strong tool Olympic athletes use. My boys being sports aficionado whenever they have forthcoming tournaments would always come home from practice sessions with slogans like "you can if you can" or "you can do it if you do it", and other motivational slogans.

Another way to motivate one to pursue his dream is to write down his dream in a small piece of paper and put in his/her wallet and read it every now and then.

It took me a long time to comprehend the importance of that subject and the lesson learned particularly goal setting until such time I already started working.

At school, at their tender age students here are asked to set their goals and write something about it. Teachers do keep reminding their students about goal setting as students progress in their studies. I would say, this is where the weak side of our school curriculum in Tago lies -- our inability to inject goal setting in any personal development subjects as an imperative tool to motivate our youth/students to succeed in life. As the saying goes "FAILURE TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL".

In view hereof, I extend my highest commendation to you swerving away from the normal way of delivering traditional graduation speeches (as you said) and had goal setting as the main subject of your speech. Way lang gayod ako ini hunong pagsalute kanimo. Your effort was well done.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

insoms,

thank you very much for the kind words.

i agree with your opinion on the concept of visualization/visioning. tell you something: i have a friend who once was the davao city director of DTI and is now in bicol where she works as judge. tet (her name) took some time to get married and when i asked her about it, she told me an interesting story. it's her habit to write down (like the way you mentioned in your post) the things she wants in life. but no, tet didn't put the list inside her wallet; instead she filed it away in some dusty nook of her room and forgot about it. years zipped past and she finished her law at the ateneo de davao and then passed the bar exam.

when she transferred to another house, she packed her things and found the list that she wrote many, many years ago. and you know what? all the things she wrote there came true. but then that was also when she realized (with dismay) that she hadn't written about getting married! (but she must've added a"PS" to her list because she eventually got married! nyahahaha)

this shows the power of the mind in the scheme of goal setting. though tet forgot about the list, her subconscious filed it for her and drove her to bring everything to fruition. this is akin to what they call the pollyana effect where things come true when you constantly think about them.

and now if you'll excuse me, i have to write a wish-list. hahahahaha

"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

guys,

just an addendum.

In today’s issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer, there’s a human interest story written by Edson C. Tandoc, Jr---“Sometimes Not Seeing is Believing.”

It tells of the story of Miles Hilton-Barber, a British national who had just completed a 21,600-kilometer flight on a micro light plane, flying as a pilot across 21 countries for 55 days.

Miles Hilton-Barber is blind!

He looks up to his elder brother, who also went blind, as his role model. “It was his example, not his words, which changed me,” said Miles. “I realized it was not my eyesight which was the problem, but it was my attitude.”

He started joining marathon, enduring the intense heat of the Sahara Desert, the coldness of Siberia. He went up Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa, in 2000 and also tried scuba diving in 2002. He has completed 40 skydiving jumps so far.

During his talks (he has turned inspirational speaker), he always says that “EVERYONE SHOULD DREAM BIG, adding that THE FENCES THAT WE NEED TO CLIMB IN LIFE ARE THE ONES THAT WE CREATED.

Miles Hilton-Barber has not stopped dreaming big. In fact he sets his eyes on this
next mission: Fly a fighter jet faster than the speed of sound!
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Insomada

Unread post by Insomada »

insoms,

thank you very much for the kind words.

i agree with your opinion on the concept of visualization/visioning. tell you something: i have a friend who once was the davao city director of DTI and is now in bicol where she works as judge. tet (her name) took some time to get married and when i asked her about it, she told me an interesting story. it's her habit to write down (like the way you mentioned in your post) the things she wants in life. but no, tet didn't put the list inside her wallet; instead she filed it away in some dusty nook of her room and forgot about it. years zipped past and she finished her law at the ateneo de davao and then passed the bar exam.

when she transferred to another house, she packed her things and found the list that she wrote many, many years ago. and you know what? all the things she wrote there came true. but then that was also when she realized (with dismay) that she hadn't written about getting married! (but she must've added a"PS" to her list because she eventually got married! nyahahaha)

this shows the power of the mind in the scheme of goal setting. though tet forgot about the list, her subconscious filed it for her and drove her to bring everything to fruition. this is akin to what they call the pollyana effect where things come true when you constantly think about them.

K-Spy,

Yes there's nothing like embedding your goal in your subconscious. But for people living in the fast lane like me whose mind is occupied of 'to do things list' from the moment I wake up in the morning til night time, reading a goal written on a piece of small paper and have it read during my train travel to and from work reinforces and motivates me even more.

In line with this subject, here are some aphorism worth beholding.
Brian Tracy is one of my favourite motivational writers/authors. Here are some of his motivational quotes so with the other authors.

All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.

I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.

Perhaps the very best question that you can memorize and repeat, over and over, is, "what is the most valuable use of my time right now?"

You have to put in many, many, many tiny efforts that nobody sees or appreciates before you achieve anything worthwhile.

All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.

You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.

---Brian Tracy---

Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.
---Norman Vincent Peale---

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.
--Earl Nightingale--

People with goals succeed because they know where they are going.
--Earl Nightingale--

The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.
--Og Mandino--

The more intensely we feel about an idea or a goal, the more assuredly the idea, buried deep in our subconscious, will direct us along the path to its fulfilment.
--Earl Nightingale--

Failure is success if we learn from it.
--Malcolm S. Forbes--

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing.
--Abraham Lincoln--

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
--Thomas Edison--

One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat. Every person is guilty of this mistake at one time or another.
--Napoleon Hill--

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
--Jim Rohn--

When faced with a challenge, look for a way, not a way out.
--David Weatherford--

Problems are chances for us to do our best.
--Duke Ellington--

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
--George Bernard Shaw--

You are your own most important resource for making your life work. Life rewards action. Until your knowledge, awareness, insights, and understandings are translated into action, they are of no value.
--Phil McGraw--

The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.
--Sarah Ban Breathnach--

Better to strengthen your back than lighten your load. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
--Walt Disney--

It's the action, not the fruit of the action,
that's important. You have to do the right thing.
It may not be in your power, may not be in your time,
that there'll be any fruit.
But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing.
You may never know what results come from you action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
--Gandhi--

Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.
--Unknown--

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
--Earl Nightingale--

I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.
--Brian Tracy --