FMES 2007 COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES

remembering Falcon Memorial Elementary School...
to recall probably the most enjoyable time of your life—childhood.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

FMES 2007 COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

I spoke before over a hundred graduates as Keynote Speaker at the 83rd Commencement Exercises of my alma mater, Falcon Memorial Elementary School, last 29 March 2007 at Tago Gymnasium.

I told the graduates and everybody present that I would veer away from the conventional way of doing graduation speeches by being "instructive" rather than "inspirational," and by focusing on one topic alone---yes, just one topic, no more, nor less! (THE IMPORTANCE OF SETTING PERSONAL GOALS AND HAVING THE PASSION TO PURSUE THEM) and by being brief---7 minutes and 24 seconds to be exact!

Below are the pics.

Class Valedictorian Ace Novo is the only examinee from Surigao del Sur to be successfully admitted to the Philippine Science High School Davao City campus. Class Salutatorian Mara Prado Nolasco (shown here next to Ace) and First Honorable Mention Krizia L. Garcia (not in photo) passed the first level.

Some of the guests that included my best elementary teachers.
Last edited by kampanaryo_spy on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: FMES 2007 COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES

Unread post by Alibangbang »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:Image
Some of the guests that included my best elementary teachers.

From their smiles… they seem well pleased and proud of their former student who just happened to be the keynote speaker. :) An beauty ni Mrs. Herrera wa say gayod pag lubad.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

K-SPY, amo ya-on si Cynthia Orozco? Magallanes? tapad ni Henrich. Si 'Ya tit isab BANG wara gayod halin. Beauty pa rin.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

OO Mana C, an beauty ni Maam Tit timeless gayod. Para kanako siya an Tingting Cojuangco nan Tago. Batasan pa niya na madayawi.

Ay ag sa lamang kita mingawon.

K-Spy, favor please... when you next see them, palihug lang-a dakan si Henrich salamat sa iya pag duyog kanila ngadto sa Victoria. I was told he was there more than once. Isa ka dum ga bilar kono siya till morning. Si Maam Tita isab lang-a "Thank You" na she went out of her way para mo iban pag lubong. Their kindness will never be forgotten.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Dear Tito Romel,

How are you? This is Alexa. My Mom said she graduated elementary from Falcon too. We went there in July she took video of the school campus.

Tito, is it possible for me to get a copy of your speech? I'll be going 8th in September and I'm interested to know what you said about how to set personal goals and having the passion to pursue them.

Thank you Tito.

Sincerely,
Alexa

P.S. My Mom said, it's Tita Gly's birthday soon. Pretty please give her a big happy birthday kiss and tight happy birthday hug from me and karlo. Thank you

mimi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by mimi »

Hi Spy. Thanks for sharing those pics. Sino na anak ni Manong Lon, yadton si Kitty?

Kagwapahi taraw ni Mother Tit hastan ni mother dear :) wow, i love my own baya! Ay-ay, inday raba kinun-o siya balik ngadi kay lamii da sa lagi gayud kuno an hangin na hanggabon sa Tago. Duda ko wa pa siya ngadi pagpanganak ko pohon.

Hello Mana Abb and Mana C.

kampanaryo_spy

mimi wrote:Hi Spy. Thanks for sharing those pics. Sino na anak ni Manong Lon, yadton si Kitty?

Kagwapahi taraw ni Mother Tit hastan ni mother dear :) wow, i love my own baya! Ay-ay, inday raba kinun-o siya balik ngadi kay lamii da sa lagi gayud kuno an hangin na hanggabon sa Tago. Duda ko wa pa siya ngadi pagpanganak ko pohon.

mimi,

hain dag-a si ya tit and naomi! si krizia l. garcia an anak ni manong lon. wara na siya ka apil nan group picture kay yanguli sa dayon sila pag recessional. she gave a very nice invocation which, i believe, was prepared by you-know-who, di ba? =P~

aduy yangayo raba agaw anhin si naomi and heinrich nan hard copy nan speech ko.

cordaps,

oo, si cynthia orozco yaon (dihaw magallanes---but yes, pag umangkon ni ma'am lucing magallanes).

abb/alexa,

yes, i'll email the speech to you.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

FMES

Unread post by Uhot »

Alibangbang wrote:OO Mana C, an beauty ni Maam Tit timeless gayod. Para kanako siya an Tingting Cojuangco nan Tago. Batasan pa niya na madayawi.

Ay ag sa lamang kita mingawon.

K-Spy, favor please... when you next see them, palihug lang-a dakan si Henrich salamat sa iya pag duyog kanila ngadto sa Victoria. I was told he was there more than once. Isa ka dum ga bilar kono siya till morning. Si Maam Tita isab lang-a "Thank You" na she went out of her way para mo iban pag lubong. Their kindness will never be forgotten.

KOREKI kaw gayud Abb. I never commented about her whenever we met but I thought she knew how I felt for her. She was still a new teacher when I graduated from FMES ... 'full of happy childhood memories ... dili kabaydan nan siyapiii' :-D .... Si Mana Didi isab bagan high school na ako sa PS pero daga pa siya nan yadto, hangtud na ya menyo na siya sa one and only dad of Siakoy :-D "musta buntis ... hapit na kaw makapahuway, am always including you in my prayers". Si Mrs. Orozco sa bagan yaon sa tunga, amo ba k_spy? sus, k_spy ... mga contemporary sa ini sila nan mga ina ta. bibo sa adton FMES nan una basta district meeting na. anyway, mga ma'am ... kumusta ko kamo tanan. Yeap, they were all highy qualified and dedicated teachers.

CONGRATULATIONS to Ace Novo (kanino ini bata k_spy?) for making Tago proud again and to Mara Prado Nolasco (kanino isab ini anak?)! Keep up the good work!

CONGRATULATIONS too KRIZIA! and to her parents "LON and CONNIE" also
(bisan wara ako hikilahi) ....

BRAVO K_SPY! Kampanaryo kaw gayud .... You're at the TOP of your career and yet going up. CONGRATS too! Tagon-ons are thankful and are very proud of you. :roll :roll :roll :-D
Stop, look and listen ... "Silence is golden!"

kampanaryo_spy

uhot,

one of my bestest friends iton si ya tet, kibali kami ka edad, barkadahi. and i agree, she's the epitome of elegance and class. wa pay uso nan scarf, dugayi na da-an si ya tet ga scarf. hahaha

oo, si mrs. orozco yaon. she was my grade one teacher for a week and a half kay ya accelerate sa dayon ako sa grade two with mrs. asuncion luna. naman yagka classmate kami ni gly.

oo, mga contemporary iton sila ni mama asta ni mama mo (our grade three teacher. uno manganta kitan: TE AYAT, TE MAISANG NGA UBENG? haha). golden years yadto nan FMES kay mga bagtiki an teachers from grades one to six. i owe them a lot.

inin si ace novo dihaw gayud ini sila taga tago. pero an kadugdugan ini yaon mga novo sa tandag. an iya mother teacher nan Purisima National High School. Si Mara apo ni anhin Yo Alping Prado kay an mama ni mara si joji sa, an only daughter ni yo alping ug iya auring. taga tandag an papa ni mara. mara, like yo alping and ya auring, is a very good singer. and she's a good actress too. in fact she played with great aplomb the lead in THE LOST CHILD, a musical staged by FMES a few years back.

finally, thanks for the kind words.

mimi
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by mimi »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:
mimi wrote:Hi Spy. Thanks for sharing those pics. Sino na anak ni Manong Lon, yadton si Kitty?

mimi,

hain dag-a si ya tit and naomi! si krizia l. garcia an anak ni manong lon. wara na siya ka apil nan group picture kay yanguli sa dayon sila pag recessional. she gave a very nice invocation which, i believe, was prepared by you-know-who, di ba? =P~

aduy yangayo raba agaw anhin si naomi and heinrich nan hard copy nan speech ko.

cordaps,

oo, si cynthia orozco yaon (dihaw magallanes---but yes, pag umangkon ni ma'am lucing magallanes).

abb/alexa,

yes, i'll email the speech to you.

aduy spy, lang-a na di mo siya tagaan nan hard copy kon di siya mokadi before ako manganak. hahaha. ok da balitaw bisan after election kay sayang sab iya boto for pichay.

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

FMES

Unread post by Uhot »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:uhot,

one of my bestest friends iton si ya tet, kibali kami ka edad, barkadahi. and i agree, she's the epitome of elegance and class. wa pay uso nan scarf, dugayi na da-an si ya tet ga scarf. hahaha

oo, si mrs. orozco yaon. she was my grade one teacher for a week and a half kay ya accelerate sa dayon ako sa grade two with mrs. asuncion luna. naman yagka classmate kami ni gly.

oo, mga contemporary iton sila ni mama asta ni mama mo (our grade three teacher. uno manganta kitan: TE AYAT, TE MAISANG NGA UBENG? haha). golden years yadto nan FMES kay mga bagtiki an teachers from grades one to six. i owe them a lot.

inin si ace novo dihaw gayud ini sila taga tago. pero an kadugdugan ini yaon mga novo sa tandag. an iya mother teacher nan Purisima National High School. Si Mara apo ni anhin Yo Alping Prado kay an mama ni mara si joji sa, an only daughter ni yo alping ug iya auring. taga tandag an papa ni mara. mara, like yo alping and ya auring, is a very good singer. and she's a good actress too. in fact she played with great aplomb the lead in THE LOST CHILD, a musical staged by FMES a few years back.

finally, thanks for the kind words.

K_SPY

KOREK KA DIYAN! ... she (Mana Tit) is the "epitome (soul and inspiration by dave clark) of elegance and class" ... "naturally poised as ever" ... "she is a beauty from inside-out ... rooted from her soul ... 24k" .... "Dainty, demure filipina" .... hala kantaha naay ini. =P~

Matay, accelerated kaw baya? ... wara ako matinga pero kuman pa ako mahibawo ... naaa .... madyaw kay wara kaw mapuloho kay amo sa kuno yaon an mahitabo ... seguro exception kaw. Kon wara pa kaw ma- accelerate ... inkatuyangan gawo pagkadevelop an otok-brain mo ... dili lang kaw kampanaryo kundi garden of nebukadnezzar (spelling).... 8-[ Wara mo madama kon unoy imbati ni Mrs. A. Orozco nan pag SPET-S mo ngadto sa intablado ... durong kalipay ... kay wara siya masayop nan iya inhimo sa imo .... na hala ... kon magkita kamo ... hangpa ... haw ipangamusta ako .... :)

Ya under kaw baya kan Mama? Na maisug adto, wara kaw makibit. =P~ Brayeti sa kaw tuho tapos buotan kaw seguro sa iya. :) Dugaye kay siya sa Grade Three, basta kami tanan agi sa iya.... way lika ... puro yakatilaw nan kibit sa kilid ... "Kilid nga nabuka sa usa ka bangkawng giagayan sa dugo ug tubig". 8-[ Sus, seryos pa ako na gabasa, kalit da ako tinmag-ak nan katawa :-D ... kabilyako mo gayud ... "te aya te maisa nga ubeng" ... ayay magkinatawa gayud ama nan una kon kantahon inin ni mader kay an pinaayonay gayud niya na makatunong nan tuno ... dan lubad lugar ... kon pwede pa lang isulti dakan lamang ... hahaha! :-D kinatawahay dakan lamang namo tanan ... anay lagi ton si mader na hangtud kuman .... "kinabigtasan" sa gihapon hangtud kuman ... instead na "kinabig-tasan". :-D :-D :-D

=; Yes, like you ... I owed a lot from my teachers and FMES in general kay bisan wara ako ma-under ... I felt I learned from other teachers too (might be because of the 'LOVE' that engulfed among FMES teachers). In some way or another, they were teaching me. ... My childhood formation and development....yes, it was very healthy and complete (ako lang). Ngan mo pa mga bagtiki ang mga teachers from one to six. Si Mrs. Asun Luna brayeti yadto na maestra sab. Si Mana Didi Herrera, trainor iton nan mga contestants for Declamation and Oratorical Contest. And she herself was/is a declamer and a great speaker too. Anay lagi bisan si Mr. Salinas na bisan librarian da ... knowledgeable and dedicated too, buotan pa gayud! asa ka mangidoy! 8-[ :-D

Taga tandag baya si ace novo an ginikanan. Yadton Novo na maestro dili haw iya tatay? No wonder baya Mara na amo kaw yaon, kuha mo kay mama mo hasta kan taling isab, means a very good actress. madayaw baya na pagkatimpla kuha sa lolo sanan sa lola --- she is a very good singer. Excellent! Keep it up guys!!!! Diba ini "THE LOST CHILD", was a project led by Mana Paulit and Cynthia O. Acevedo and Ms. Pilapil? ... hope am right...
:wink :)
Last edited by Uhot on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kampanaryo_spy

uhotskie,

oo, under kami kan mama mo. basta mag ilog kami haw sinoy makagbantay kan derrick kay exempted na dayon sa klase. dad-on dayon namo si derrick kon dihaw sa tungod nan library para manguhan baboy baboy, ngadto sa small pond balitaw na dapit sa acacia na arangi na palaka. lingin balitaw yadto na pond na singkitar yanag octoberfest an mga palaka kay puno nan ila "froth" an pond.

pero pili-on da sab ni mama mo an yadton mga oligihan na estudyante na mubantay kan derrick kay kon sa stella ngani an magpresentar, mag iling-iling dayon si ma'am liling. =P~

oo, project ni ma'am paulit ug ma'am cynthia yadton LOST CHILD. aduy inkasolicitan kaw galing. hahaha they requested me to craft the solicitation letter. =P~

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

FMES

Unread post by Uhot »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:uhotskie,

oo, under kami kan mama mo. basta mag ilog kami haw sinoy makagbantay kan derrick kay exempted na dayon sa klase. dad-on dayon namo si derrick kon dihaw sa tungod nan library para manguhan baboy baboy, ngadto sa small pond balitaw na dapit sa acacia na arangi na palaka. lingin balitaw yadto na pond na singkitar yanag octoberfest an mga palaka kay puno nan ila "froth" an pond.

pero pili-on da sab ni mama mo an yadton mga oligihan na estudyante na mubantay kan derrick kay kon sa stella ngani an magpresentar, mag iling-iling dayon si ma'am liling. =P~

oo, project ni ma'am paulit ug ma'am cynthia yadton LOST CHILD. aduy inkasolicitan kaw galing. hahaha they requested me to craft the solicitation letter. =P~

k-spy,

kanaman, pagaduwa ko inin bata na katuraksoyi, hiswadi, alertohi, sutili ... kon uno dakan na li ... kasili ba .... grabi sa baya an imo influence... basta kay imbis ako masakit, mahikatawa dakan lamang pero dili ako magpakita sa iya ... kay mo gara ... an kaw palanat-lanaton .. di gadakupdakupan na kami ... haw abay kaw hagita nan katawa na lagwit ... na kamatuyay pa sanan maitomay pa gayud ... ay lagi, hain mo sa pasupoha ... hahaha :-D

an baboybaboy ... oo ... expert akon yaon... agi kitan tanan basta FMES. pero hain dapit yaon small pond na pagalaong mo ... ya wa ako sa pasing nan yaon ... grabi baya na palaka ... na madayaw kay wara kamo ka ihi-i sa mata ... makabuta kuno laong nila. yahibawo kaw nan symbol nan palaka ... ako wara ... pero madayaw kuno.... kon mahibawo kaw, pakipatikay nganhi ... and thank you!!!! :-D :-D :-D

bantog da, dinmugo dayon an kanak dagarha na suwat para sa LOST CHILD project ni Mrs. Cynthia O. Acevedo kay ikaw sa baya an sa likod nan yadto ! .... balitaw .... salamati isab ... diba... gapasalamat kaw isab sa imo lantip na salabutan gikan kan FMES?
8-[ :-D :roll

kampanaryo_spy

abb: I've decided to share the speech here with the hope that we can all get a thing or two from it. maybe you can print it for alexa.

“THE IMPORTANCE OF SETTING PERSONAL GOALS AND HAVING THEPASSION TO PURSUE THEM”

I am both honored and flattered to have been asked to speak in this significant occasion. Though I’m inclined to believe that I was chosen as Keynote Speaker on the basis of my friendship with Ma’am Cynthia and my being a batchmate of the school principal, still I am grateful for this opportunity.

But first, let me greet the parents, guests, school principal and teaching staff of Falcon Memorial Elementary School, friends, graduates, ladies and gentlemen.

This afternoon I will veer away from the conventional way of doing graduation speeches: I will be instructive rather than inspirational; and I will focus on just one thing. That’s right---just one thing---no more, no less. I’ll be talking on “The Importance of Setting Personal Goals and Having the Passion to Pursue Them.” And because your time is precious and so is mine, I will be as short as possible---7 minutes and 24 seconds to be exact!

Almost every book on personal success speaks of the importance of goal setting to achieve success in any endeavor. They say that you cannot go somewhere if you do not know where you want to go.

Abraham Lincoln, being the son of a Kentucky frontiersman, had to struggle for a living by working on a farm, splitting rails for fences, and keeping store. This however did not prevent him from dreaming of one day sitting at the Oval Office. He worked hard and held on to his ambition which served as little engine that knew no rest. And true to his vision, Abraham Lincoln sat at the Oval Office in 1861 as the 16th president of the United States of America.

Lea Salonga was a teenage host of That’s Entertainment when she said that one day she’d win the Tony Best Actress Award. Her co-hosts laughed at her while the press ridiculed her in the papers the day after. Lea didn’t get discouraged and instead became even more determined in achieving her goal. Few years later, Lea played Kim in the hit musical Miss Saigon and went on to win best actress not only in Broadway’s Tony Awards, but also in the equally prestigious Lawrence Olivier Awards in London.

Sandy Salvacion is the son of poor farmers in Alba. In an interview a few years back, he said that when he saw Zandro Limpot who was then vacationing in Tago in 1993, that was when he knew he wanted to play in the professional league of the Philippine Basketball Association. From that day on, he focused on his goal and avoided whatever vice that would make him lose sight of his dream. Today, we cheer for Sandy Salvacion as he plays for Alaska team in the PBA.

Abraham Lincoln. Lea Salonga. Sandy Salvacion. Three successful individuals who believed in the beauty of their dreams.

To set goals is to have a "definite purpose" which is the starting point of all achievements. Every great success in any area of life---be it a movie star, an athlete, a singer, a doctor, or a sari-sari store owner----will testify to having a very clear and specific goal. With goals, we create the future in advance. With goals, we literally create our destiny.

The power of goals is that they direct our attention on what we want from life. We are who and what we are because of the thoughts we hold. Therefore it is important to have goals to direct our thoughts and minds and help us focus on what we desire most for ourselves and our lives. Thoughts are things. As we think, so we are, and so we will become. The Pharmaton TV commercial says it best: “What your mind can conceive, your body can achieve.”

My dear graduates, young as you are, you have to set personal goals because this is the only way to go. Think of goals as drawing a map: if you know where you are and know where you want to go, even if you do get lost, you will find your ultimate destination.

Now you ask: could it be just any other goal? The answer is NO! No because if we have lousy goals, we may create a lousy life for ourselves. More than anything else, a goal is a vehicle for transformation. So when you set goals, set goals that are way beyond your present abilities and position in life. Set goals that inspire, goals that have the power to push you forward and change for the better. In short---don’t just settle for whatever shows up in your life: Dream big!

But more than dreaming big, dream right. While pursuing things in life is important for it has the power to move us, it is more important to realize that at the end of our lives it is not the things we accumulate that will matter. What will matter is who we become as a person. Therefore, don’t just stop at setting personal goals, find out WHY you want that goal. That way you’ll know if you’re dreaming right.

But the best way to dream right is to go back to basic. And going back to basic means to dream dreams that are consistent with your core values. Going back to basic means to continue living your lives with integrity. Integrity, of course, means having the moral courage to do what you know is right no matter what. Be like Job who proclaims: "Till I die Lord, I will not remove my integrity from me."

But all this dreaming big and dreaming right is nothing if you don’t have the most basic thing---passion! And what is passion? Passion is the feeling that makes you do something no matter what it takes; passion is what makes you appreciate the true meaning of life; passion is what makes your dreams and your goals fly.

Your passions so far have been for having fun, for making it through elementary school. But soon your passion will be to finally pursue the dreams and goals that you have been building in your hearts that will lead you through life. One of the inspiring things about the great Albert Einstein is that he didn't stop when he reached infinity: He kept going, he continued to set goals and dreamed big. Contrary to popular belief, Albert Einstein never dreamed to be a famous physicist, all he wanted was to be a violinist. It was his passion, and that was all that mattered to him. Be like Einstein: Follow your passion! If is means giving up success, follow your passion. If it means giving up something that is very important to you, follow your passion.

But there’s one important insight in the story of Einstein that I must let you know: Einstein never did find what he was looking for. In spite of all his great endeavors and all his famous discoveries, in spite of all the fame he received from his work, it is never mentioned if he discovered the secret of music like his idol Mozart did. Did it break his heart? Did he hurt badly because of this? To tell you the truth, I don't know. Today is March 29, 2007. I can't do anything about Albert Einstein. I cannot tell him that he was looking for answers in the wrong place. But graduates, you are here now, and I want to tell you that the one thing that Einstein was lacking was a relationship with the Lord. If this genius had allowed God to answer his deepest questions, he would have experienced a hope that knows no limit. Because in the end, it is your relationship with your Creator and your God that needs the greatest passion!

Dream Big. Dream Right. Have Passion. Class of 2007, I pray that you will become people with passion---passion for pursuing your dreams, and passion for the One who can give you hope.

See you at the crossroads. Congratulations once again and thank you very much for listening.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy,

Good idea. Thank you.

Laong pa nan panultihon. "If ONE can grasp something out of it, you've accomplished more than what you've set yourself to do"

Madayaw kay kabii metras paga pasabot ko sila nan post ni Mana Uhot sa Obit, yanokot si Alexa. Hain na kono an imo email. Laong ko pag tagad kay basin busy pa si Tito mo Romel.

Adto siya sa bay koman. Siyay charge sa iya manghod (2 weeks Easter break). Paga email kona, gabasa na adto koman. Ako sab paga print. Pero utod lagi paga C&P ko sa word tapos changed the font na iya gusto, comic sans MS.

Thanks K-Spy. Are there anymore? :) :) share...