Bb. Pilipinas 2008: The Question & Answer Portion

Share your Tagon-on Jokes, Funny Stories, Humors, Expression..etc.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Bb. Pilipinas 2008: The Question & Answer Portion

Unread post by BONSAL »

Paolo Bediones: Janina, how are you?
Janina San Miguel: I’m fine.
Paolo Bediones: Alright, so you won two of the major awards - Best in Long Gown, Best in Swimsuit, do you feel any pressure right now?
Janina San Miguel: No, I don’t feel any pressure right now.
Paolo Bediones: Confident! Alright! Please choose a name of the judge.
Paolo Bediones: We have Miss Vivienne Tan.
Vivienne Tan: Good Evening.
Janina San Miguel: Good Evening.
Vivienne Tan: The question is, what role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilinas?
Janina San Miguel: Well, my family’s role for me is so important b’coz there was the wa- they’re, they was the one who’s… very… Hahahaha… Oh I’m so sorry, Ahhmm… My pamily… My family… Oh my god… I’m… Ok, I’m so sorry… I… I told you that I’m so confident… Eto, Ahhmm, Wait… Hahahaha, Ahmmm, Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever b’coz I’m only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the top 10. Hmmm, so… but I said that my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you.
Janina almost answered the question in Filipino with long pauses in between. Aside from winning the Bb. Pilipinas 2008 - Miss World title, she also won two special awards in the Bb. Pilipinas 2008 pageant - Best in Swimsuit and Best in Long Gown.

Click here to watch YouTube Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xKwmseoKFCo
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Re: Bb. Pilipinas 2008: The Question & Answer Portion

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

goodness bon, i missed this. i slept early. an sigbinan gapa alig alig sa. my officemate said janina actually said: "I SAYS." GOSH, uno dakan bayan wa managpaka daug? :-D

my officemate also said that there was an atenean candidate who was asked to "name 3 things that make you happy". an tubag: "my family, my friends, my atenean blockmates, my cousins, and the gorgeous ladies back here (fellow candidates)... that's 5 already!"

wow-ka-o-wow! :o
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

for janina, that was pure NOSEBLEED! :)
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

K-spy, hapit ako madabas sa ingkodan pagkabati ko nan iya tubag. Dag-on pa siya motobag nan mga Ms. Gay contestants (All Soul's Day) sa ato.hahaha! :-D

Yaon pay gayud isa. First to be given a crown was Candidate No. 2 Patricia Fernandez, who was named Bb. Pilipinas-International. Earlier, she won the special award, Ms. Natasha.

Asked during the question and answer portion, which person she admires the most, she answered "Mother Theresa." She was on her way to impressing the judges with her answer until she made a blooper by saying "I believe all of us should do her." She quickly corrected herself afterwards.

Basta kay hapit ko ilabak an kaldiro sa TV! :(
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

kampanaryo_spy

wahahahahahahahahaha aba necrophilia etuh!

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR

Unread post by BONSAL »

Usahay gayud first time ini mahitabo na my translator sa Ms. World for a filipina contestant. :lol:

- ronald e. Osborn

kampanaryo_spy

actually bon it's a good idea. gloria diaz even said that if she had to do it all over again, she'd hire an interpreter. at least by using your native tongue, you only have to worry about substance,

but what if it's the interpreter who fumbles? this happened in the recent Ms. Earth Tilt where utt (the vj emcee) ended up interpreting the questions and answers for the candidates. ](*,)

atat
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by atat »

k_spy & bonsal,

ADUY GINOO KO! gapa yaab-yaab sa siya... #-o #-o #-o unoy ila criteria?

bisan siguro si janina di makatoo na daug sya.... :roll :roll :roll :-) :-) :-)
" The POWER is in your HEAD."

kampanaryo_spy

at,

an justification kay sa Ms. World Pageant kuno swimsuit and long gown competitions da sa, meaning, wit is irrelevant! but as far as i know, it's only in the Ms. World Pageant where candidates are required to write on the spot an essay whose topic is of global significance.

toyang
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Unread post by toyang »

Atat,K-spy,

anakay "most memorable" answer of the night yadto. :lol: pero sige dakan lamang though she fumbled for the
right answer, but she never lost her poise. an magu din maug pa.
Don't get disappointed when God doesn't give you what you want... For he knows the
best time for you to have it...

kampanaryo_spy

yang,

nice comment yang. pero bagan di na siya ka graduate nan Mass Communication sa UE kay daan ga aso-aso adton iya dean! :-D

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy, Bon, At, Yang,

Dili kon siya an ako bos-agan nan liquid sa arinola... an mga judges !!!!! :shock:

PEACE GUYS PEACE :-D :-D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

koporepek abb. what i would give just to know who among the judges made her win. i had a good laugh reading melanie defending janina in the Inquirer. deja vu kaya. :)

but janina can still make good in her studies, after all, she's only 17. and then maybe, like melanie, she'll graduate with latin honors (cum laude at the very least).

this whole thing reminds me of a beauty pageant i hosted in Tandag where one judge, who belonged to the "Gucci Gang" if ever there was one in Tandag, asked a candidate: GOOD EVENING CONTESTANT NUMBER 8. THE QUESTION IS: WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN MY LIFE?

Nosebleed!

sapaalaska
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator
Birthday: 01 May 1964

Unread post by sapaalaska »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:koporepek abb. what i would give just to know who among the judges made her win. i had a good laugh reading melanie defending janina in the Inquirer. deja vu kaya. :)

but janina can still make good in her studies, after all, she's only 17. and then maybe, like melanie, she'll graduate with latin honors (cum laude at the very least).

this whole thing reminds me of a beauty pageant i hosted in Tandag where one judge, who belonged to the "Gucci Gang" if ever there was one in Tandag, asked a candidate: GOOD EVENING CONTESTANT NUMBER 8. THE QUESTION IS: WHAT IS YOUR AMBITION IN MY LIFE?

Nosebleed!

K---

matay yadayang na isab ako....ikaw gayud....
Remember, each of us is a vital thread in another person’s tapestry; our lives are woven together for a reason. One of the best things to hold onto in this world is a friend.

toyang
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Unread post by toyang »

K-spy, Abb,

Galong si Melanie Marquez na " DON'T JUDGE JANINA; SHE'S NOT A BOOK!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
yagkasinabot sila duha.(Janina and Melanie)
Don't get disappointed when God doesn't give you what you want... For he knows the
best time for you to have it...