EVERY FILIPINO SHOULD READ THIS

Tell us your views about CURRENT issues!

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

grabehirs
Provisional Member
Provisional Member

EVERY FILIPINO SHOULD READ THIS

Unread post by grabehirs »

Mga kababayan,

this is quite an embarassing insight, i cant help but cry after reading this....

Subject: A Korean Student's Essay on the Philippines

My Short Essay about the Philippines
Jaeyoun Kim
September 2003

Filipinos always complain about the corruption in the Philippines. Do you really think the corruption is the problem of the Philippines? I do not think so. I strongly believe that the problem is the lack of love for the Philippines.

Let me first talk about my country, Korea. It might help you understand my point. After the Korean War, South Korea was one of the poorest
countries in the world. Koreans had to start from scratch because entire country was destroyed completely after the Korean War, and we had no
natural resources.

Koreans used to talk about the Philippines, for Filipinos were very rich in Asia. We envy Filipinos. Koreans really wanted to be well off like Filipinos. Many Koreans died of famine. My father's brother also died because of famine.

Korean government was awfully corrupt and is still very corrupt beyond your imagination, but Korea was able to develop dramatically because
Koreans really did their best for the common good with their heart burning with patriotism. Koreans did not work just for themselves but also for their neighborhood and country. Education inspired young men with the spirit of patriotism.

40 years ago, President Park took over the government to reform Korea. He tried to borrow money from other countries, but it was not possible to get a loan and attract a foreign investment because the economy situation of South Korea was so bad. Korea had only three factories. So, President Park sent many mine workers and nurses to Germany so that they could send money to Korea to build a factory. They had to go through a horrible experience. In 1964, President Park visited Germany to borrow money. Hundred of Koreans in Germany came to the airport to welcome him and cried there as they saw the President Park. They asked to him, "President, when can we be well off?" That was the only question everyone asked to him. President Park cried with them and promised them that Korea would be well off if everyone works hard for Korea, and the President of Germany got the strong impression on them and lent money to Korea. So, President Park was able to build many factories in Korea.

He always asked Koreans to love their country from their heart. Many Korean scientists and engineers in the USA came back to Korea to help
developing country because they wanted their country to be well off.

Though they received very small salary, they did their best for Korea. They always hoped that their children would live in well off country.

My parents always brought me to the places where poor and physically handicapped people live. They wanted me to understand their life and help them. I also worked for Catholic Church when I was in the army. The only thing I learned from Catholic Church was that we have to love our neighborhood. And I have loved my neighborhood.

Have you cried for the Philippines? I have cried for my country several times. I also cried for the Philippines because of so many poor people.
I have been to the New Bilibid prison. What made me sad in the prison were the prisoners who do not have any love for their country. They go
to mass and work for Church. They pray everyday. However, they do not love the Philippines. I talked to two prisoners at the maximum security
compound, and both of them said that they would leave the Philippines right after they are released from the prison. They said that they would start a new life in other countries and never come back to the Philippines.

Many Koreans have a great love for Korea so that we were able to share our wealth with our neighborhood. The owners of factory and company were distributed their profit to their employees fairly so that employees could buy what they needed and saved money for the future and their
children.

When I was in Korea, I had a very strong faith and wanted to be a priest. However, when I came to the Philippines, I completely lost my
faith. I was very confused when I saw many unbelievable situations in the Philippines. Street kids always make me sad, and I see them
everyday. The Philippines is the only Catholic country in Asia, but there are too many poor people here. People go to church every Sunday to
pray, but nothing has been changed. My parents came to the Philippines last week and saw this situation. They told me that Korea was much
poorer than the present Philippines when they were young. They are so sorry that there so many beggars and street kids. When we went to
Pasangjan, I forced my parents to take a boat because it would fun. However, they were not happy after taking a boat. They said that they
would not take the boat again because they were sympathized the boat men, for the boat men were very poor and had a small frame. Most of people just took a boat and enjoyed it. But my parents did not enjoy it because of love for them.

My mother who has been working for Catholic Church since I was very young told me that if we just go to mass without changing ourselves, we
are not Catholic indeed. Faith should come with action. She added that I have to love Filipinos and do good things for them because all of us are
same and have received a great love from God.

I want Filipinos love their neighborhood and country as much as they love God so that the Philippines will be well off. I am sure that love
is the keyword which Filipinos should remember. We cannot change the sinful structure at once. It should start from person. Love must start
in everybody in a small scale and have to grow. A lot of things happen if we open up to love. Let's put away our prejudices and look at our worries with our new eyes. I discover that every person is worthy to be loved. Trust in love, because it makes changes possible. Love changes you and me. It changes people, contexts and relationships. It changes the world.

Please love your neighborhood and country. Jesus Christ said that whatever we do to others we do to Him. In the Philippines, there is God
who are abused and abandoned. There is God who is crying for love. If you have a child, teach them how to love the Philippines. Teach them why they have to love their neighborhood and country.

You already know that God also will be very happy if you love others. That's all I really want to ask you Filipinos.
-- ---------------------------------------------

God bless the Philippines...hope we can make this country great...again.

sibuling

koriki

Unread post by sibuling »

ay ay kaganahi nan ini na topic.makatiyahu sa lang kita.lamii basahun adlaw adlaw para maremind kita .way ako masabi kundi ,maningkamot gayud ako ,kun unoy ako mahimo para sa ako mga gimahal na mga lumon.kay ad on sa kita mag sugod.

di man ako ,amo yaon ka buotan pero dapat at least sa isa ka tig may ato tinabanga,diba?

mabuhay PILIPINAS!

anak ni poloko
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by anak ni poloko »

inday si sandara parks an ga post nan ini, hehehehe :lol:
guess who's back? back again.....

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

anak ni poloko wrote:inday si sandara parks an ga post nan ini, hehehehe :lol:

Usahay gayud... :lol: :lol: naman baya walang sabit kay si Sandara sa baya!!! :lol: :lol:
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

anak ni poloko
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by anak ni poloko »

bonsal wrote:
anak ni poloko wrote:inday si sandara parks an ga post nan ini, hehehehe :lol:

Usahay gayud... :lol: :lol: naman baya walang sabit kay si Sandara sa baya!!! :lol: :lol:

hahahaha. :D ikaw gayud bon pagka joker. abi gayud nako seryosohi kaw na pagkatao. funny guy sa kaw baya isab. :lol: :lol: :lol:
guess who's back? back again.....

pispanero
Legal Counsel
Legal Counsel

Unread post by pispanero »

pero hibawo kamo, iton mga koreano ngadi sa cebu kay mga hambugerohi gayud, amo da tatarw nan mga korek iton mga panuyaw. grabihi raba gayud mo tratar nan mga pinoy ngadi, mga mata pobre gayud. amo da taraw iton ila mga ginawngan nan uno. para an dipirensya nato sa ila kay an ila da sa mata ug color, kay mga maluspad.

pero basin amo gayud ad on, mga mga boutan, may mga pasayaw isab.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ROD @OZ

Unread post by ROD @OZ »

Here's my unreserved veracity and heartfelt sentiments regarding the Mining issue, if i may intimately share this with all of you.

Foremost, you have to take into account that most of us who are very vocal in addressing this issue are mostly non-resident of CCMCL and have been residing overseas for quite sometime. Our only objective in initiating this drive is to make a difference to the residents of CCMCL and this endeavour is undertaken out of our own free will and most significantly launched out of concern, respect for nature and undying love for our townmates.

Folks, come to think of this seriuosly, why do you think we're earnest in educating CCMCL about the ill effects of mining considering we are miles away and we could have opted to ignore this issue as this is something that won't affect us in anyway, however, being a true CCMCL-anon, we felt we have a sense of responsibility to comport to the populace concerning their general safety and well being.

The hours spent in gathering informations and materials are proofs that Mining is not infact the only way to alleviate the peoples socio-economic condition but a pre-warning that this is a catastrophe waiting to happen. That when nature takes its course they'd be the first one who'd be devastated as a result, such as Boac-Boac mining disaster for instance. There are definitely other alternatives to uplift the peoples living condition, our local LGU's just have to tap and address this other issue.

Moreso, if i may touch our Mining history slightly, this has been in operation for decades before it was halted due to variuos disasters yet, there is not much evidence of prosperity to the local and national economy. We're still indebted heavily, god knows where did the profit / income go after all of those years of operations. So what differece would this make now when the people in the government are so corrupt and futhermore, our mining laws favours foriegn companies and they're not as strict as those of first world countries. Thus, to allow the resumption of
Mining is like putting the other foot in the grave.

Now my dear friends, this is voice coming straight from the bottom of my heart taking to your hearts and i am urging you to rally behind this vigorous endeavour as tomorrow might be too late.