- FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 3111
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 8:00 am
- Birthday: 25 Sep 1976
- Location: Taga Silang/Las Pinas City
brown sugar, packed
teaspoon anatto (atcuete)
1. Soak rice at least five hours or overnight.
2. Combine with cooked rice and grind.
3. Combine with sugar and baking soda.
4. If coloring is used, soak anatto with baking soda and water in this
5. Strain seeds and rub against the sides of the strainer to extract
coloring. Use this water for grinding the rice.
6. Prepare the steamer.
7. Arrange saucers on steamer rack.
8. Pour cuchinta mixture into the saucers.
9. Steam for 15 minutes. Lift rack from steamer.
10. Cook if necessary, on wet towel set on a tray.
11. Remove cuchinta from the mold by lifting with a knife.
12. Serve cuchinta on a platter lined with banana leaves.
- ronald e. Osborn
- Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
- Posts: 904
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:26 pm
- Location: Down Under