Pilipinas kong mahal(?!)

Ideology, Theories, Laws, Ethics..etc. Let's discuss anything under the sun.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, iCeprIncEsS

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Pilipinas kong mahal(?!)

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

interpret through an essay. :-D #-o

happy independence day, whatever that means now!
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

kampanaryo_spy

Re: Pilipinas kong mahal(?!)

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

I wonder where all this leads. As I write this, people are shouting and climbing over the fence just to buy the maximum two kilos of NFA rice per family per day from the office of DSWD which is adjacent to ours. Here in Mangagoy, rice sells at P48 per kilo on the average, but the price continues to increase daily. In Tago, before I left last Tuesday, rice was sold at P43 per kilo.

My brother’s text gives me ambivalent feelings as it says that in Sagbayan, where the main irrigation dam is located and where farmers are still harvesting their palay, rice is sold at P42 per kilo while palay is sold by farmers to traders from Davao and Cotabato at P25 per kilo.

With the prices of gasoline and LPG expected to increase to unreasonable levels in the coming days, I think the recipe for civil war is set.

Saan ka papunta, Pilipinas kong mahal?
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by pato »

I believe that much of what we experience right now has been pre-scripted. But I also believe that we, as human beings, have an enormous amount of choice to create the beautiful lives of our dreams. And it is in our conscious choice-making that, ultimately, our destinies are realized.

There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces like the crisis in our country that we are experiencing right now. What really matter is the internal force. How do we respond to those problems? Over that we have complete control.

“If we don’t discipline our selves, the world will do it for us.” - William Feather -

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Inconceivable. [-(

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess