New announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

A SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST

Unread post by pato »

To: Bon & Coletz

I know how painful your eldest son Brent has gone through. I hope and pray that he will get well soon.

Brent fell on the floor by accident last saturday and he has been admitted to the Perpetual Hospital, Las Piñas up to now. PLEASE INCLUDE HIM ON YOUR PRAYERS.

Bon/Coltes, kamo dakay sumpay nan full details.

edpels
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 05 Jun 1964

Re: A SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST

Unread post by edpels »

you have our prayers for the safety of brent.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Hi Bon/Coletz,

I'm sorry to hear about Brent accident. I pray that our GOD, in his infinite mercy, will touch Brent’s fragile body and restore him back to health speedily.

God Bless,
Mana Abb
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

sughac
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Unread post by sughac »

BON,

MY PRAYERS FOR BRENT AND COMFORT AND STRENGTH FOR YOU AND COLETS...

pepotatoy
Provisional Member
Provisional Member
Birthday: 07 Dec 1988

Unread post by pepotatoy »

our family also prays for the quick recovery of brent..
"The best things in life are unseen.
That's why we close our eyes when we sleep...
when we kiss...
and when we dream."

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

8-[ Na-nga sa Tet? Okay -(but not okay) accident happend ](*,) kalo-oy dasa isab nan bata. Brent is an angel. Pero yahitabo nasa :( :( :wink :wink you have ALL my support & prayers. :wink Please keep me posted
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

Thank you for all your prayers. Brent is out of danger & doing well. Although, the neurologist will still monitor his condition because CTSCAN showed he has occiput fracture in the left part of his head.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

cordapya wrote: 8-[ Na-nga sa Tet? Okay -(but not okay) accident happend ](*,) kalo-oy dasa isab nan bata. Brent is an angel. Pero yahitabo nasa :( :( :wink :wink you have ALL my support & prayers. :wink Please keep me posted
Mana, the accident happened in SM. Pasingod garu kami sa bday party nan anak ni Ate Mary Ann (Daughter of Lolo Egon Prado) tapos igo da kami min-agi sa SM para magpalit nan regalo. Gakurog ako nan pagkahitabo kay pwertehi sa gayud an dinayaay namo kan Brent because of his condition tapos yahitabo pa gayud an aksidente. it was a bad fall kay gauna sa gayud an iya head. ga seizure siya tapos yawalan nan malay intawon an bata. SM ambulance immediately transported him to the nearby hospital. basta hangtod kuman magkurog gihapon ako na maghunahuna nan pagkahitabo.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

fiona
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member
Birthday: 02 Jul 1979

Unread post by fiona »

kalooy da sab bon ni brent. anay kay dinayaan, yadisgrasya pa gaud.
BONSAL wrote:
cordapya wrote: 8-[ Na-nga sa Tet? Okay -(but not okay) accident happend ](*,) kalo-oy dasa isab nan bata. Brent is an angel. Pero yahitabo nasa :( :( :wink :wink you have ALL my support & prayers. :wink Please keep me posted
Mana, the accident happened in SM. Pasingod garu kami sa bday party nan anak ni Ate Mary Ann (Daughter of Lolo Egon Prado) tapos igo da kami min-agi sa SM para magpalit nan regalo. Gakurog ako nan pagkahitabo kay pwertehi sa gayud an dinayaay namo kan Brent because of his condition tapos yahitabo pa gayud an aksidente. it was a bad fall kay gauna sa gayud an iya head. ga seizure siya tapos yawalan nan malay intawon an bata. SM ambulance immediately transported him to the nearby hospital. basta hangtod kuman magkurog gihapon ako na maghunahuna nan pagkahitabo.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

BONSAL wrote:

Bon,

Yauy adage in western culture, commonly known as, “Murphy’s law”, which suggests that anything that can go wrong; will go wrong. Pag suway bagan yaon kay kon hain kita duron kinto adto sa hinoan kita mahikogpa.

Kalouyi intawon ni Brent pero by the same token pasalamat dakan kita na out of danger na siya.

Bon, yaon hangtod koman mag kurog pakaw gihapon mag hunahuna nan pagkahitabo. Dili gayud yaon kalikayan. Salamat da Dios, focus dakan kita na si Brent is okay and on his way to full recovery. Kay nan yahitabo ini kanamo, I was a wreck and a basket case. It wasn’t pretty.

Two weeks before Christmas yadto tapos mopalit kamin fresh cut Christmas tree. An amo suki adto sa north end nan Island tapos an iya pwesto sa kilid nan gasoline station next to the service road. Nan yaka pili na kami, ako paga buhian an alima ni Karlo (who was then almost three years old) kay ako e shake an tree kay kon an needles will fall, sa ato pa, old-cut and dry na, Dili na kon hamot and it will not last long. Sus ton bata pag buhi ko sali sa mo sirit pag dagan. Pag lanat ni Lu and the tree vendor (I was frozen stiff and all could do was scream) min isan pag dagan ton bata kay tou niya yakig duwa silan lanat-lanatan seguro. Diretso siya sa service road na iton mga sakyanan yanag kabad gikan ga exit from the expressway. (Sus bagan nasa hinoan isab ako anhi ga korog na ga dumdum nan yadto). Bon, HAPITI gayod kay kon wara nan ama ma sakmit an hood nan iya parka…inday maboang ako. Yanguli kami minus the Christmas tree. Amo da kamin gikan in palupaluhan tapos inka tayhan nan dugo. My nerves were shot sa kalisang. Gatoyok toyok sa ako U an worst case scenario. Can’t shake it off. Following days I kept thinking and rethinking then panic attack sets in. Ag ko pa gayud ka damgohan kay yaon sa perme sa ako hunahuna. I had to retrain my thoughts with the help of Dr. Norman Vicent Peale’s, bible based, “The Power of Positive Thinking”.

Every now and then, I read of how in war-torn countries fathers shield their children from flying bullets. Amo gayod baya ini Bon kon ginikanan na kita, the word “PRESERVATION” for our offsprings kicks in.

We will continue to pray for Brent’s recovery and for you and Coletz’s strength and comfort.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

ramojs93
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 28 Oct 1974

Unread post by ramojs93 »

Bon!
Be strong and we pray for Brent's Fast recovery...

grasha
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by grasha »

Coletz & Bon,

Min hunong gayud ako pagbasa to pray for Brent. Musta na intawon si Brent?

COLETZ
Co-Administrator & Editor
Birthday: 23 Jun 1982

Unread post by COLETZ »

Thank you everyone for including Brent in your prayers.

Pato, thanks for the visit. Ay, ay an ninong dili sa gayud mahikalimot. :)

Edpels, Pepopatoy, Nong Sugz, Ninang C, Fiona salamati sa ngatanan.

Grasha thank you. So glad to hear from you.

Brent is recovering well, thank God. Like Bon said, we're still waiting for the neurosurgeon (NS) because of his left occiput fracture, he's so difficult to catch because of unexpected OR procedures that he has to attend to. It's just really sad that Brent has to stop from going to therapy sessions unless cleared by the NS, because he's been doing so well in it and a lot has improved in the past months.

But God is still good, because after what he's been through, Brent is doing okey. And I'm still praying that no other symptoms will arise in the days to come. So please continue including him in your prayers. Thank you very much.
" In Life, God doesn't give you the people you want; instead, He gives you the people you need; to teach you, to hurt you, and to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be... SMILE! For, Life will always be, B-E-A-Utiful. "

COLETZ
Birthday: 23 Jun 1982

Unread post by COLETZ »

Alibangbang wrote:Bon,

Yauy adage in western culture, commonly known as, “Murphy’s law”, which suggests that anything that can go wrong; will go wrong. Pag suway bagan yaon kay kon hain kita duron kinto adto sa hinoan kita mahikogpa.

Kalouyi intawon ni Brent pero by the same token pasalamat dakan kita na out of danger na siya.

Bon, yaon hangtod koman mag kurog pakaw gihapon mag hunahuna nan pagkahitabo. Dili gayud yaon kalikayan. Salamat da Dios, focus dakan kita na si Brent is okay and on his way to full recovery. Kay nan yahitabo ini kanamo, I was a wreck and a basket case. It wasn’t pretty.

Two weeks before Christmas yadto tapos mopalit kamin fresh cut Christmas tree. An amo suki adto sa north end nan Island tapos an iya pwesto sa kilid nan gasoline station next to the service road. Nan yaka pili na kami, ako paga buhian an alima ni Karlo (who was then almost three years old) kay ako e shake an tree kay kon an needles will fall, sa ato pa, old-cut and dry na, Dili na kon hamot and it will not last long. Sus ton bata pag buhi ko sali sa mo sirit pag dagan. Pag lanat ni Lu and the tree vendor (I was frozen stiff and all could do was scream) min isan pag dagan ton bata kay tou niya yakig duwa silan lanat-lanatan seguro. Diretso siya sa service road na iton mga sakyanan yanag kabad gikan ga exit from the expressway. (Sus bagan nasa hinoan isab ako anhi ga korog na ga dumdum nan yadto). Bon, HAPITI gayod kay kon wara nan ama ma sakmit an hood nan iya parka…inday maboang ako. Yanguli kami minus the Christmas tree. Amo da kamin gikan in palupaluhan tapos inka tayhan nan dugo. My nerves were shot sa kalisang. Gatoyok toyok sa ako U an worst case scenario. Can’t shake it off. Following days I kept thinking and rethinking then panic attack sets in. Ag ko pa gayud ka damgohan kay yaon sa perme sa ako hunahuna. I had to retrain my thoughts with the help of Dr. Norman Vicent Peale’s, bible based, “The Power of Positive Thinking”.

Every now and then, I read of how in war-torn countries fathers shield their children from flying bullets. Amo gayod baya ini Bon kon ginikanan na kita, the word “PRESERVATION” for our offsprings kicks in.

We will continue to pray for Brent’s recovery and for you and Coletz’s strength and comfort.

Mana ABB, salamati isab. I can still remember clearly the day it happened and I still cry whenever I remember how fragile he was when I held him in my arms after the incident, and how much pain he was in. I went to buy some groceries earlier, and I stop every now and then and try not to cry because it's so hard to accept that it happened on my watch. Everytime I get to hug Brent now or carry him, all I could say is I'm sorry and it's just not good enough. But thank you, thank you for all your prayers and encouraging words.
" In Life, God doesn't give you the people you want; instead, He gives you the people you need; to teach you, to hurt you, and to love you, and to make you exactly the way you should be... SMILE! For, Life will always be, B-E-A-Utiful. "

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

COLETZ wrote:
Mana ABB, salamati isab. I can still remember clearly the day it happened and I still cry whenever I remember how fragile he was when I held him in my arms after the incident, and how much pain he was in. I went to buy some groceries earlier, and I stop every now and then and try not to cry because it's so hard to accept that it happened on my watch. Everytime I get to hug Brent now or carry him, all I could say is I'm sorry and it's just not good enough. But thank you, thank you for all your prayers and encouraging words.
Hi Coletz,

Guilt is a most horrid and atrocious feeling. Coletz, it’s very hard, but for the boys’ sake, please put your mind at ease by recognizing the fact that what had happened on that “fateful” split-second moment was totally beyond your control. It was a god-awful accident. You’re there for Brent and Marco needs you too.

Don’t hold it, cry if you need to. Let it all out for crying is a good way to release bottled unpleasant emotion. Tell you what, nan yanabiya ako kan anhin Nanay on her death-bed, Nanay asked if I could extend my stay for another 2-3 days. I was turned between staying and sa ako mga responsabilidad sa trabaho, sa mga bata (school work and school activities) louy isab an ama waray timbang.

Left as scheduled --- promising will call every day --- blowing off sadness, knowing that it’ll be the last time I would see my mother alive. Arrived Manila and was relieved and comforted by the love and support of my in-laws.

Narita to JFK is a long intercontinental flight. Was physically and emotionally exhausted but couldn’t sleep a wink. On travels, books are my sleeping pills. I go through them like fish go through water, always worked like a charm but this time I kept staring at the same paragraph and rethinking why I refused my mother’s last request which was so simple - - - sharing with her a little bit more of my time. She’s barely clinging on “borrowed” time, work, husband, children and schoolwork certainly can wait!!! Guilt was manifesting itself within me and the phrase “angry at myself” was an understatement.

Ga dag-um na. It must have been over the Bering Sea or somewhere over the Alaskan Peninsula that I lost myself control. I didn’t cry, but SOBBED uncontrollably. Seated next to me was a British businessman who I had a lively conversation with hours ago. The poor man was roused from his sleep bewildered as to what has become of me. Polite as British are, he poked the overhead switch for a flight attendant and asked for water. Embarrassed? Yes, I was. All I said to him was, “My mother is close to dying and I should be with her.” He suggested a glass of wine to relax my nerves, I suppose. I’m not much of a drinker but on that flight I took a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. Whether it was Bordeaux or Merlot, I have no clue. He drank with me, had two shots of whisky. After the attendant collected our empty glasses, he went back to sleep. I stayed up and journalized for about 6-8 pages. Then I fell asleep.

Coletz, these events will always haunt us for the rest of our lives. To deal with it is not to blame but forgive ourselves then move on. I didn’t know this then, but I know it now having had experienced it firsthand. Yes, life is full of surprises: good and bad.

I did called everyday but Nanay was in so much pain and was heavily sedated. I cried and whispered into her ears how much I loved her and how sorry I was for not staying a little longer. Can only hope she heard me.

Let’s continue to pray for one another. God is great and has all the cure for a very bad day.

God bless...