Some Thoughts on PVA from a Purisimian

Alumni of PVA converge here.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Some Thoughts on PVA from a Purisimian

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

For many years, the Pacific View Academy (PVA) suffered from dwindling enrolment. But what primarily caused its closure in 1989 was the departure of its school principal, Mrs. Teresita F. Luna, for the United States of America.

PVA was once the Purisima School's rival. In the battle of the brawn (inter-school sports competition), PVA lorded it over the Purisima School; while the Purisima School reigned supreme in the battle of the brains (speechfest etc.).

In its heydays, PVA was a prestigious bastion of education. And it boasts of a respectable list of alumni who have become highly successful in their chosen fields of human endeavor. As a matter of fact, most of Surigao del Sur's Captains of the Industry, Political Leaders, Educators came from PVA like the late Gov. Gregorio P. Murillo, Sr. and Ex-Mayor Eufemio Darunday of San Agustin, to mention just two.

It's a pity that PVA has ended its tour of educational duty, so to speak, because it has helped, in a very big way, in moulding the minds of Tagon-ons and some souls from the neighboring towns.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by Aprodite_Erra24 »

spy, I hope you won't mind me asking...Where is PVA physically situated? I've never seen the said institution...
"Whoever told u you're not beautiful, are either blind or have seen me in the flesh!"

pispanero
Legal Counsel
Legal Counsel

Unread post by pispanero »

adto kay yaun aps sa may silang. makit an mo yaun kun pasingud kaw sa duma-duma or sa soong. pero kun ganahan kaw mokadto, pag abot mo sa tago aya da kaw laung na mokadto kaw sa bay ni bolon. ihatudi kaw gayud dayon sa PVA. 8)

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

bay na baya yaun siya kuman? Kakulba!!!!
"Whoever told u you're not beautiful, are either blind or have seen me in the flesh!"

sibuling

pva

Unread post by sibuling »

Aps,sn uns gsyud na pva,yade da sa may amo.tapad na Dr.Garcia ug yaon bay na mana peran.mabibuhi yaon na lugar sa una.bisan sa hanuan kuman.wowo,di patalbog.

kampanaryo_spy

sibs,

it's either hubog kaw or pa-u na kaba-kaba kay yagkasayop san mga letra mo :D

aph,

sakto yaon si pispanero ug sibuling. daan may bay nan principal sa sud nan PVA campus. try asking your folks, chances are, they graduated from PVA.

sibuling is right when she said that the original PVA was located near the town plaza, running the length from Dr. Garcia's home to Peran's. Banggi-itan an mga teachers headed by the Evangelio couple who both had PhDs added to their names. Ma'am Fim Luna became a principal too. Students from as far as Lingig and Carrascal went to Tago and PVA for their secondary education. My mother and her sisters (all 8 of them) graduated also from PVA.

naman usahay ag ma-wa an ato sense of history kay ag sa lagi ma-otro an landscape nan isa ka lugar. it's a bit sad but then again, we have to give way to changes as we move closer to what?death and resurrection? hahahaha min-aligmaat ka hilawud. non sequitor laong pa.

peace and love. always.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Unread post by Guest »

thanks for the information, Spy.. I'll try to look for the place when I'm there.. What I like most about Tago are the old houses there. I really have this huge fancy for very old houses. I like to look at the architecture, and often loose myself imagining what took place before... Kinda eerie, no?

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

kalimot na sab ko pag-log-in kaina!kapaga gayud! Ganahani gaud ako nan mga karaan na bay, labi na yaon an sala tag-tulo ka sala set ug an gidak-on nan sala kay daw disko-han

kampanaryo_spy

aph,

just text me, if ever, and i'll gladly give you a tour around tago. :)

old, centennial houses, you say? you should have been born in the 50s to see the old tago and the sheer grandeur of its palatial homes. badingai an mga bay sa una kay uso sa lagin sugata. the dimension of the house should be large enough to accommodate big parties. tapos tipay (capiz shells) an mga bintana with aerators (?) sa ubos na puyde abrihan para musud an hangin tagad an pamilya gahunat para mapisok sa sala, gahuwat kun-o maluto an binignit or lasak na saging.

unfortunately, tagon-ons were lured by modern construction materials and so they demolished their old, spanish houses (ka cordapya ancestral home before it was razed to the ground had tisa roof and yes, an attic!; also the house of the manalang's) to give way to concrete, heavily painted bungalows.

i remember talking to a visiting american and he said that it boggles the mind why we build our houses that way and then install airconditioning units when we have the pacific ocean before us that sends cool breeze straight to our homes. balitaw agaw amo?

may social connotation sa lagi nan "bahay na bato" naman we use tiles instead of old wood whose patina speaks of the romance of times past.

i have to stop now because i'm starting to sound like augusto villalon. :D

peace and love. always.

sibuling

sayop

sakto kaw gayud spy,amo ko pa mabasa ,na sayop baya.bisan pagakapoy na or pagaturog na sige pa gihapon banat pa rin abay blog.

kalachuchi
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by kalachuchi »

:cry: ayy kasayang baya nan house nila sibuling sa ilaya...from antique house turn to modern palace...

kalachuchi
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

:-)

Unread post by kalachuchi »

hhmmm...ya-miss ko hinoa an karaan sab na bay sa tago...paga-utod sa lagi sa tunga kaganahi lugar yadton hawagi pati kusina puydi mag-ballroom an managlutu-ay...ya-miss ko yadton nilampasohay namu nan sala na halos puydi na kaw mangispiho sa ka-kinlaw..tapos haw may bisita kinahanglan an tsinelas ibilin or kun bisita kaw ikaw dakan masipog kun dili mo ibilin an imo tsinelas...

hayy lamang...

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

i don't know ur number, spy. It's really sad that the historical remnants of the past have been removed... Sayang... I was born in 1980, pero I feel decades older than I really am, not physically though.. It's just that I really LOVE old houses. I have a cousin in Cantilan, an Arizobal who has an old house with descriptions similar to what you have mentioned, and believe me--- I went there twice(ganahani ako nan ila bay!). Their house was once a post office, grabe ka hawag gaud nan sala...I dunno why I fancy old houses...

sibuling

to kalachu ,uno ,yadawat mo an kabahinan mo?base ga email kamo ,wa ko lagi kaabrihi an email ko ,inday uno?

kamusta na dugayay na sa kaw wa mag blog.

an bay sa ilaya ,kadungan ko yaon na bay, 36 years na sab.karaanay na sab.pero dihaw antiki gayud nan pareha sa tago.an ila buot pasabot an music museum (amoy tawag nila sa bay namo sa tago,irinsya ).ok da sab na inkuhaanay kay mga gabok na sa gud an iban.tagmano mahugmak kita kun wa yadto panangtanga.

labi na kun si fritter an bisita mo, ug ang grupo ,na bantay kamo kay huyong huyongon raba gayud niya an mga baliko na haligi.yaon na bay sukad pa sa panahon nan mga ginikanan namo ,daan na mabisitahon.,permi may hudyaka ,abot abot ngadto sa plaza an boses namo.kanaman pati an ano mga silingan (mana emma/ug mana susan)mga pao sab sila kun may bisita kami.kay mga tsi...sab lagi ,pagkasilom hibawo sab sila unoy amo pagaestoryahan.updated sab sila.yaon lang tagor ko na si mana ems,kaesgan nan bana kay agad yanghigda na sila sige pa gihapon agik ik (baya kaw tungod yamati da siya nan estorya lagi ni fritter.)mamiss ko yadto na mga panahuna.gikann kinder ako ad on na ako gahuya.mahali nako/namo yaon na baya.

amo da naay ini mga bloggers an ako mahi share sa iyo about sa history nan music museum ok? :lol:

Aprodite_Erra24
Certified Member
Certified Member

kadayaw baya na bay ad-on kay ag mohuyong!!

:wink: