- You can upload pictures in this area.
- Maximum size allowed is 800x600.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

I LIKE BLAKE

Unread post by manday »

I LIKE ALSO BLAKE BUT I CHOOSE JORDIN - YOUNG, GUAPA TAPOS ARANG PA BAGAN MAIMBINTO PARA SA IYA.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

NEW YORK (AP) -- "American Idol" finalists Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis are attractive, talented and have millions of adoring fans. That's where their similarities end.

The two telegenic singers -- The Beauty and The Beatboxer, respectively --will try to out-sing, out-groove and out-charm one another in this week's fairy-tale finale. Who's gonna win? It's a tough call. Though many argue that Sparks is the clear frontrunner, Lewis is full of surprises.

Sparks, the 17-year-old daughter of retired NFL player Phillippi Sparks, sits pretty in one corner. The bubbly teen with the killer voice from Glendale, Arizona, is poised beyond her years, yet her girl-next-door goofiness endears her to viewers of all ages. She was born to win "American Idol," her fans say. If not, someone please get this girl a show on the Disney Channel.

"I'm very, very strong willed. This is what I want to do," she told reporters in a Friday teleconference. "It's what I've been wanting to do for so long, and I think that if people did vote for me, that I could represent it well if I actually won. It would be amazing. I would love to win. ... I don't know: just vote for me if you like me!"

Sparks' bold yet sweet personality has eclipsed some suspect song choices, like the depressingly old-fashioned "I Who Have Nothing." She performed that number twice this season -- last week it was panned by Simon Cowell, whose face turned even gloomier when his favorite contender, Melinda Doolittle, went home.

If Sparks is this year's Miss Congeniality, Lewis, 25, of Bothell, Washington, wins awards for Most Creative and Best Dressed. The stylish beatboxer, who has been experimenting with hair color in recent weeks, has shown talent for choosing songs that play to his strengths and altering song arrangements to inject contemporary pizzazz.

He's had his ups and downs, but won much acclaim for his takes on Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know," which highlighted his lilting voice, and "You Give Love a Bad Name," perhaps his greatest "Idol" hit. His decision to add hip-hop beats to the latter impressed Cowell and irked guest mentor Jon Bon Jovi.

"I don't think I've really ever listened to the judges I think on this show," Lewis told reporters last week. "I kinda nod my head and smile and say thank you."

His fans argue: He's a risk-taker! He's cute! He's cool! But none of these qualities matter when Sparks is in the picture, :-D :-D says Rolling Stone executive editor Joe Levy. Lewis has it going on, but this week he might be gone ... gone ... gone. :-s

"Jordin brings more to the table and she has all season," Levy told The Associated Press. "Blake is a limited singer and his presentation is limited as well. ... He hasn't shown himself to be versatile or as winning as Jordan. So, on talent alone, I would give it to Jordin."

The soulful singer/high school student "is just better on TV than Blake," he added. "And in fact, probably better on TV than anyone else this season."
Her young age provides that edge needed to win over female voters. "For the teen girls, she's one of them. For the moms, she's everything they want their daughter or son to grow up to be," Levy said.

Even Lewis appears to be on Team Jordin. "She's 17 and she's already a woman," he gushed, before going on to sabotage himself. "She performs, she's good-looking, she's got a fantastic personality and it reads really well on camera. And so I love Jordin Sparks. ... Regardless of the finale, I think she already won it in my mind and she was my pick in the beginning."
Kelly Clarkson, the original American Idol, is also pulling for Sparks, while Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck of "The View" are placing bets on Lewis.

Songwriter Sean Garrett, who's worked with Beyonce and Usher, isn't playing favorites. He's both impressed by Lewis' creativity and Sparks' growth as a singer.

"It's going to be really, really interesting," he told the AP. "I mean, I think they both stand for something great. ... Hard work, creativity, poise. Standing there and not quitting."

Indeed, the pressure of performing live on the top-rated competition -- and standing out amid the Sanjaya phenomenon -- was no easy task. Everyone's a winner, right?

(Get ready for your big moment, Jordin. :D :D )

Manday, Mana C, Mana U & K-Spy,
Pustahan na kami... if she wins...I'll get free lunch on Thursday. If she lose Penny & I will buy lunch for 3 people. :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

manday

Unread post by manday »

Bang kulba hinam kay bagan - an mga teenager sa gud kilig sa kay blake - whoever wins ok da sa ako pero lugar si Jordin gayod ako, the whole package says it all. Pero buot huna huna on arangi sa Pilipinas mas magaling pa sa ila - but sorry to say, this is American Idol. Peace to all avid fans of AI.

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Barkadahan

Unread post by Uhot »

Abb,

come what may .... jordin pa gihapon ako 8-[ .... because i believe she can and she will [-( ..... hopefully ... hahaha! :-D somehow, kon pananglit mo daug si blake ... eh di .... siya :-$ ... hahaha! :-# kon si jordin s ... di siya sab .... hahaha! :-D daugon da balitaw sa boto .... na hala .... andama an iyo mga duwa-an ... cell ba ... i-ready daan. :-D

Cordaps,

hain na kaw magpahimungaya aton .... adoy, bagan perti kay anhin iyo paghimamat Dr. Nap and family. .... na hala ... enjoy na himamat niyo. :-({|= :D :-D .... hudyaka ... dan ... kanta, sayaw and laughter. :roll
Stop, look and listen ... "Silence is golden!"

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

Mana Uhot,

I'm really happy for Jordin. Yakatiyaho ako after her final song. I like her voice a lot. Di ba laong ko sa imo, nan iya inkanta an "If We Hold On Together", bilib na ako sa iya. Paga-download gud dayon namo ini na kanta(If We Hold On Together), yadton version ni Jordin mismo.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Mana Hotskie/Manday/Bads,

I missed the first 45 minutesssssss!!!!!!
Oh…series of unfortunate events. Una, it escaped my mind that yesterday, all day, was Tuesday!!! #-o Didn’t struggle to leave before 5:30 then I got stuck in traffic!!!!

Got home around eight, had quick dinner, then helped our dalageta prepare for her 6:30AM-class-trip-departure for Philadelphia, PA to visit The Liberty Bell and other historic places there. While this was going on… our lakihay was feeling dejected, moping around asking, “how come her class gets to do all these fun stuff?” Mana Uhottttt…..It was endless, “how come this, how come that.” ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I was on auto reply, “when you’re in 7th grade you’ll do the same and more”. I wonder if other parents go through this????? :-k :-k :-k When you next see me, my hair is definitely gray-er!!! :-D :-D :-D

Next thing, it was quarter to, we turned on the TV and Blake was halfway his 3rd song. Alexa and I voted for Jordin of course. :D :D To spite, Karlo wanted to vote for Blake and asked Dad to do the same (boys vs girls). 4 votes from our household two each = tie!!! But your dalageta sneaked 5 more votes for Jordin :-D and made sure it was counted too. She made the calls from different phones; between the cell phones and landline. Busy sa lagi, paga umotan gayod niya abay pindot an “redial” button. :-D Hope we won’t be disappointed with the outcome tonight.

para libre an ako lunch tomorrow. =P~ =P~ =P~

Komusta nakaw?

Mana C,

Komusta an iyo himamat ni Dr. Nap?
Last edited by Alibangbang on Fri May 25, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

MANDAY

Unread post by manday »

CONGRATULATIONS ABBS - THIS IS MY NOW... HAVE A NICE LUNCH ABBS...HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS NEXT SEASON.

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

UNo na anhi BANG, HOTZ, bagan sa far away na ako sa mga panghitabo. Nan tuesday night wara ako maka kita an AI kay an flight ko back to Chicago alas otcho deiz (8:10 pm) delayed pa gayod an flight nan 30 mins, di waray lugar na makakita pa ako bisan news dakan.. koman isab na Wednesday, kalimot ako. Kay kapoyi sa, di yatagpilaw ako. Kadumdum ako alas 9:30 na. Uno na anhi ? may silom pa? 8-[
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

MANDAY

Unread post by manday »

MANA C VIEWERS' VERDICT IS YOUR CHOICE, IT'S ALREADY THE GRAND FINALE- JORDIN SPARKS IS YOUR NEW AMERICAN IDOL. SEE YOU NEXT SEASON 2008.

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Barkadahan

Unread post by Uhot »

DUM NA Q, "peace taym na" ... daug na ba .... DI este AI na si JordinS, Cordaps. hala lamang kay bisan mo ya miss an finale pero enjoyi sa kaw isab nan himamat niyo ni Dr. Nap and Mrs. Maminta and troopa nila ngadto. :)

Badung, wa na Jordin da gayud ning. kadugangan gayud an pagmaya nan imo dagarha kay yakadaug sa kaw. CONGRATULATIONS sab sa iyo mag-asawa sa iyo mga blessings and gifts. Mo sumpay da ako sa taas. :-s

Bang daug kaw amo? 8-[ free kaw nan lunch! dayaw pa kaw, ngadi wara sa lagi ako kontra, dili wara ako ka pusta! #-o

Manday, yakalahutay kaw baya hangtud yatapos. AMO! ... kanaman ini ako, kay linmabay na isab an ako katugon. bilbilaran na sab. yamat na DI este AI ... jordin and blake ... but it was worth the waiting. VICTORY for JORDIN SPARKS and BLAKE LEWIS .... CONGRATULATIONS sa mga fans dakan lamang kay wara sa kita hikilahi ... pero kagana lamang gayud ad-on nila .... pati ang mga parents .... tuuuu luha ... LUHA SA KALIPAY!!!! :-D :D :-D
Stop, look and listen ... "Silence is golden!"

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Hi Guys -

All winners no losers...Lakisha, Melinda, Blake & Jordin (ayay first name basis sa gayod :-D :-D ) - they have bright future ahead of them.

Mana Hotskie - Melinda signed a contract already!!!! I'm not surprised she picked Gospel. She's using her voice for the glory of the Lord. Amen to that.

Dear Blake - what a gracious lad he is. Such a sport.

Jordin - she deserved to win.

Manday,

Thanks... Nothing fancy . . . we ordered lunch from "chop't" already for 12:30 delivery. Me? I ordered 'palm beach shrimp wrap'- romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado, hearts of palm, grilled shrimp & dried cranberry. Yes all chopped and rolled in whole wheat wrap - average midtown wrap price - $8.75 :-D :-D :-D Thanks Jordin!!!! :D :D

Mana Hotskie,

We do this for fun. Stress buster :-D We do 3 reality shows: Survivor, Amazing Race and AI. We kinda strategize with the players and pick a winner when almost down to the wire. I lost and bought lunch when "survivor" ended. I rooted for Yauman. :-D :-D

Mana C,

Sege lamang kay amo sa gayod kita ini perme ga apas. Puydi pa lamang pikason an lawas para tanan ato ma atuh aduy dugay kona paga pikas an ako lawas para kaliwa aton... tuo adi :-D :-D :-D

Anyway, sakto si Mana U Mana C madayaw sa isab an ka palet kay ga enjoy sakaw himamat kan dr. nap.