- You can upload pictures in this area.
- Maximum size allowed is 800x600.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

K-Spy,

Sayang you missed it. You would have enjoyed it. Sus kon may ako pa garo TIVO puydi ko garo e record para sa imo.

Simon can't quit AI he created it :-D Although he's only credited as co-creator by Fox. Dumdum kaw when he was selling the show straight from London he had but $6.00 in his pocket. He is American Idol with mucho mucho denero.

Kom simbako min da-og si Sanjaya an na wa sa iya 1 million dolyaris da kay amosay recording contract na ihatag.

psssttt... don't you think seacrest is handsome?
8-[ 8-[ 8-[ =P~
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

madZ
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Unread post by madZ »

Yes, he is! Psst... don't tell Jeremy Sr! :-$

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

abb,

amo lagi. =P~

seacrest? yes, he's a good looking metrosexual, although simon insists ryan's in between the "L" and the "T" in the LGBT spectrum. [-(

btw, you got my email?
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy,

Hahahaha… let’s make him quintessential metrosexual. :-D

OO koha kon email mo. Contents noted and well understood. Sorry paga si-sig ako kahapon, hangtod koman, hangtod pa ini next week.

Left work late again, with most of my emails unread or unanswered. I made sure I read yours though. :)

K-Spy this is one of those moments that I wish I could borrow your head. Really, I must take lessons from you on public speaking.

Once again, I have to stand in front of 35 very smart ladies and explain to them that the buttons and beads on their jackets, skirts, pants or dresses are from farmed shells. If from the wild? Certainly they were acquired within law. Why do I have to provide them with scientific names I don’t know. The shells are long dead.

Please pray that I won’t stumble on words such as Isognomon Alatus, Pinctada Martini and especially Hyriopsis Schlegeli because this came from the Philippines. Ops kabig yaanod. Hahaha…

Madz,

Don't worry Jeremy Sr. can't drag your secret away from me :-D :-D :-D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

cocopuff
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 14 Dec 1970

AI creator

Unread post by cocopuff »

Naay pa, Sorry to correct Alibangbang pero an creator nan AI dili sa si Simon Cowell but SIMON FULLER, he also created the original Bristish Pop Idol where the concept of this show, AI came from.

As for last night show, I am glad that Sanjaya has finally been voted out, its high time gayud kay wara sa iya talent madayaw pa yadton iban na voted out before but still there is one guy that needs to go Chris...gggrrr...cant really say I like him...hmmm...when he is gone then maybe the real show will begin where singing talent is based on but who knows the American voters are sort of funny in that way...:)
"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." -Madonna.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Oh yeah… Cocopuff. You are absolutely correct. Thank you I stand corrected. This will teach me a lesson never to take tabloid information seriously. :-D :-D

Background nan AI. Please read on, on what CNN has to say:

The Svengali behind 'American Idol'

Simon Fuller controls careers of newly minted pop stars -

Simon Fuller is no professional singer. He does not dance and he doesn't play an instrument. Yet there he is -- collecting a fortune at the top of the pop charts.

As creator of the "American Idol" franchise, Fuller manages every aspect of the careers of Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Kelly Clarkson and all other instant "Idol" celebrities.

But Fuller earns far more than the typical 15 to 20 percent that most managers keep from their clients' gross earnings. As the "American Idol" phenomenon begins its third season Monday on Fox, Fuller's franchise is raising questions about exploitation and the price of fame.

Fuller says that as the primary imaginative force behind these artists, and the one with the connections to transform Clarkson from struggling Texas waitress to pop diva, he deserves a larger percentage of their earnings.

"If you think of Andrew Lloyd Webber, if he creates 'Phantom of the Opera' he owns it. He hires Michael Crawford to take the lead. Crawford doesn't get a cut of 'Phantom of the Opera,' and no one questions that," Fuller said. "My deals are the best in the world. I create 'Phantom of the Opera' and then say to Michael Crawford, 'Let's be 50-50 partners, or 60-40 -- whatever the deal is.' "

Fuller, a 43-year-old British music mogul, is the longtime manager of Annie Lennox and former manager of the Spice Girls, whose world-conquering "girl power" image he takes credit for creating. Fuller first started the "Idol" concept in Britain, where it was known as "Pop Idol," and then transformed the franchise into a worldwide phenomenon.

In an interview last summer, he described many of his "Idol" relationships as "partnerships" in which he receives from 25 to 50 percent of all earnings. The Sunday Times of London estimated that Fuller earned about $44 million in 2002 and $60 million in 2003.

It's unclear how much the "American Idol" stars have taken home for their work. But in 2002, the first "Pop Idol" winner, Will Young, collected an estimated $750,000, according to the Sunday Times.

Fuller's company, 19 Entertainment, oversees not just the recording deal for "American Idol" stars, but also controls merchandising, touring, sponsorship and movie deals.

'One-stop shopping'

Fuller promises top "American Idol" contestants a management contract with 19 Entertainment and a prearranged recording contract: with RCA Records in the case of Clarkson and Aiken, and J Records for Studdard. Both RCA and J are Bertelsmann Music Group companies run by Clive Davis, an industry legend who engineered the creation of Whitney Houston, the Grammy-winning comeback of Santana and the breakthrough of Alicia Keys, among others.

"Most artists working on the old-fashioned model, how do you keep track of your publisher, your record company, your merchandise, your sponsorship agent, your touring agent? There could be 10 different people dealing with different areas of your life," Fuller said. "This is one-stop shopping."

But Gary Fine, a Los Angeles-based entertainment attorney, advised one client not to participate in the first "Idol" series after examining the contestant's contract. Fine does not condemn Fuller's deals, but said he would not recommend them for everyone.

"If I had an artist whose music was quirky and might take time to develop, then Simon's organization is not the one I would recommend getting involved with," he said. "On the other hand, if I have a client whose primary interest is fame and fortune, then Simon's organization is certainly worth considering."

The deal Fine saw also required "Idol" winners to participate against their international counterparts in the "World Idol" show -- for $1,400.

Another section of the "American Idol" contract Fine disclosed described the aggressive image manipulation the performers must agree to, stating that the show "may reveal and/or relate information about me of a personal, private, intimate, surprising, defamatory, disparaging, embarrassing or unfavorable nature, that may be factual and/or fictional."

More independent-minded performers might balk at the way Fuller fashions a performer's image (such as Aiken's metamorphosis from geeky gawker to slim slickster). Fuller also tells them what to perform and where, like Clarkson's and "Idol" runner-up Justin Guarini's movie flop, "From Justin to Kelly." (That film, like 1997's "Spice World," was written by Fuller's brother Kim.)

And stardom is not guaranteed: Guarini's album sold poorly, and he was subsequently dropped by RCA.

The final contracts between Fuller and his current batch of "Idol" stars have not been disclosed, and Fuller refused to discuss specific details of the arrangements. He said performers are free to hire their own lawyers to oversee the deals.

Fine isn't sure that would make much difference. The contract he saw was non-negotiable and "gave so much power and control to Simon and his organizations that there would be little a lawyer could do to prevent certain things from happening."

Is there a way for the performers to get better deals? Maybe. They could work their way up through small clubs, make contact with talent scouts and spend years trying to get the attention of managers who have far less clout than Fuller.

Signing the deal

Yet when a manager takes such a huge piece of a novice performer's earnings, it's hard for some not to view that deal with skepticism.

"It unfortunately takes two for exploitation," said Jayne Wallace, spokeswoman for the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. "And in the U.S. music business, people are so desperate to get in they're willing to sign everything away."

She would not comment specifically on Fuller's practices, but said generally "most artists would sign a bad deal to get the break."

When it came to the Spice Girls, Fuller sees himself as the one holding the short end of the stick, insisting that his work made them a success.

The Spice Girls broke in 1996 after being recruited by an audition ad that read, "No singing or dancing experience necessary." Fuller was fired in late 1997 amid a power struggle with the singers. Six months later, the group fell apart.

"I'd be lying if I didn't say there was an element of satisfaction about it," Fuller says now. He has made peace, however, with Emma "Baby Spice" Bunton and Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, who have rejoined with his management firm for their solo careers.

"With the Spice Girls, I was the partner, I was the sixth member of the group," he said. "More than that, I was the leading light in the group, but it was never reflected contractually because I was just the manager."

The "partnerships" he forges with talent now, he said, prevent him from being dumped.

Ruben Studdard told The Associated Press last summer that he had no complaints with Fuller, and described him a helpful career-shaping force who watched out for his well-being.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, however, Studdard wondered if "American Idol" had taken advantage of the contestants, citing commercials they filmed for free as part of the broadcast.

"Without the show, we wouldn't be recording artists," he said. "But we did a lot of commercials, dawg. ... We were exploited but not exploited. It just taught us a lot about the business. 'American Idol' is what we like to call a crash course on the entertainment industry."

As for the other Simon, below is what Wikipedia said:

His father's connections got him rehired as the assistant to an A&R man. From there, he worked his way up to record producer, but left during the early 1980s to form E&S Music, an independent music company. The label folded within a year of its launch, forcing him to return to EMI. In 1984 he met Pete Waterman, a DJ-turned-producer and founder of the then-aspiring Stock Aitken Waterman songwriting and record producing trio.

In 1985, Cowell, along with fellow EMI clerk Iain Burton, again left EMI and formed an independent record label called Fanfare Records. It was Waterman who helped him regain success during the second half of the 1980s.

Cowell would later describe in interviews (and in his autobiography I Don't Mean to be Rude, but...) that he learned more from Waterman in a short time than he could have in an entire career with any major label. Fanfare enjoyed success with its artist, (and Cowell's girlfriend at the time) Sinitta Malone.

In 1989, Fanfare's mother company folded, driving Cowell's business into bankruptcy, forcing Cowell, deeply in debt, to move back in with his parents. Later that year, he became an A&R consultant for BMG.

Subsequently, Cowell signed a number of acts to S Records that made a mark in the pop music world, including Curiosity Killed the Cat, Sonia Evans, 5ive, Westlife, and Robson & Jerome.

He also released several novelty recordings featuring the likes of wrestlers of the World Wrestling Federation, Teletubbies, Zig and Zag and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, that were huge successes.

Cowell set up another label, Syco Records, in 2002 which later became part of Columbia Records and Sony BMG Music Entertainment. Artists such as Il Divo and contestants from The X Factor and America's Got Talent are released on Syco.

In 2006, Cowell signed to two record-breaking deals. In the US, he agreed to remain as a judge on American Idol, earning £20 million ($38 million) per series for another 5 years.

He also has a deal with FOX which allows his production company to broadcast Got Talent and American Inventor on other networks, but he may not appear on them.

In the UK, he signed a "golden handcuffs" deal with ITV, worth approximately $13 million a year for 3 years, which gave ITV rights to his hit talent show The X Factor, a British spin-off of his Got Talent franchise, and a musical version of the X Factor to find the stars of a Grease production in London's west end.

In late 2005, he signed a new contract to remain working for Sony BMG.

Projects

Cowell had been the producer and the creative force of many media, most notably Pop Idol and its international offspring. Beginning, particularly, in the 2000s, this has brought him worldwide fame and greatly increased monetary fortune.

Cowell became a judge on the first season of Pop Idol in 2001, and did the same for American Idol in 2002 and his acerbic style of judging was a major reason for these shows' popularity. This was especially so for American Idol, where in its first season, word-of-mouth regarding "that nasty guy Simon" garnered media attention, more so than the hosts or contestants.

Cowell's fame (or infamy) grew, fed by his deliberately insincere signature phrase, "I don't mean to be rude, but …", inevitably followed by an unsparing denigration of the contestant's talents, personality, or even physical appearance.

Cowell also appeared on the one-off World Idol program in 2003, where it became clear that each country's version of the Idol had attempted to come up with its own "Simon Cowell", further proving his effectiveness as a villain.

In 2003, Cowell placed #33 on Channel 4's list of the all-time 100 Worst Britons. Cowell's S Records signed the top two finishers of the first season of Pop Idol, Will Young and Gareth Gates, both of whom went on to have #1 UK hits.

phew.... :-D :-D … Sorry....I think this is my longest post ever. ](*,) [size=9][color=blue]

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

It pays to make mistake BANG. Tan-awa di may ako na isab bag-o na himbaw-an. Kon wara pakaw masayop -panghimangka-agan kokay kon sin-o an mga tawo behind AI. Basta kay an himbaw-an ko nan AI kanta-kanta da. Thanks BANG. :-D Very informative indeed :D
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

cocopuff
Certified Member
Certified Member

Simon C & F

Alibangbang, your welcome. talagang sinigurado na ang correct info...heheheh...good reading though. :-D
"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another." -Madonna.

cocopuff
Certified Member
Certified Member

Ms G

Curious lang, may yahibawo ba kon hain si Ms G or how I can contact her? auntie ko pa siya & would love to hear from her. Salamateer gayud in advance. :-k

maruya
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Ms G

Unread post by maruya »

cocopuff wrote:Curious lang, may yahibawo ba kon hain si Ms G or how I can contact her? auntie ko pa siya & would love to hear from her. Salamateer gayud in advance. :-k

cocopuff,

i "pm" si mana cords or sibuling, kay permi yaon sila galampuyot....
yag iban sab yaon sila nan concert ni sam lately......

mars

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

barkadahan

Unread post by Uhot »

AMERICAN IDOL NA!!!!

Nagkaanindot na gyud. Gana na itan-aw ... Now, this is real ... botar na kita ... M. Doolittle pa rin ako ... More pa, gana na gayud ... Badung, ayaw gayud magpalta, uli dali dayon. aguy, amo da san mamiligro si M. Doolittle .... Jordin Sparks is showing her best among the best .... "WOW!!!!"
FANTASTICA!!! pero MDoolittle pa gihapon ako. kulba sinoy kaha matagak ... so far, gana pa.
:-D
Stop, look and listen ... "Silence is golden!"

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

gard uhot,

pag puyo ngad-on gard kay haw aya ngani ako empituha kuman biya-an ko kay inin opisina para masambilaw ad-on bet ko na si lakisha. unoy iya piesa gard?

na di na ako iton AI kay unoy paghingilin nila kan anakon sanjaya. =P~
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

barkadahan

Unread post by Uhot »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:gard uhot,

pag puyo ngad-on gard kay haw aya ngani ako empituha kuman biya-an ko kay inin opisina para masambilaw ad-on bet ko na si lakisha. unoy iya piesa gard?

na di na ako iton AI kay unoy paghingilin nila kan anakon sanjaya. =P~

torre na tiposong,

:-D duro ko gayud na kumataw kanimo kuman putong ako mahikalimot nan inkanta ni lakisha. #-o more pa .... hahaha! :-D senior moment baya ... pa simply lang .... uli naay, sambilawa ngadto, mag-extend dakaw ngay-an. dili kaw magmahay lagi. pero, ayaw dakan lamang, wara na sa an imo kinaham .... sanjaya 8-[ =P~ hala tamaya, kay inbitado sa baya iton ngadi sa Washington, DC, in imbitar pa gayud ni Pres. Bush sa White House, arangi na an iya prospect: movie and tv offers. an pagtamay sa iya amoy yakapasikat sa iya ... huh, gauno pa kaw ngad-on ... wara say kaha imo pagadaliaan na trabaho ... dalikyat naay ngadto ... hain pa raba iton balik,... sunod semana lain na sab ... hala na ... :-D

take care,

anghel sungayan pero way ikog =P~ :-#

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

UHOT/K-SPY an inkanta ni Lakisha kay "I believe". Madayaway sa isab, pero Si Simon, Paula & Randy mas ganahan sila nan kan Fantasia version. Sakto si UHOT K-Spy, madayaw na. thrilling na si AI.

BANG, si Spark is doing very well baya. I think ya-on sila tulo da an ma sud sa magic three. Mdoolittle, Sparks & Lakisha. I hope. :-D

What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

Uhot
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Barkadahan

Unread post by Uhot »

cordapya wrote:

UHOT/K-SPY an inkanta ni Lakisha kay "I believe". Madayaway sa isab, pero Si Simon, Paula & Randy mas ganahan sila nan kan Fantasia version. Sakto si UHOT K-Spy, madayaw na. thrilling na si AI.

BANG, si Spark is doing very well baya. I think ya-on sila tulo da an ma sud sa magic three. Mdoolittle, Sparks & Lakisha. I hope. :-D

Cordaps, you're right, we're in the same boat and more likely it would be the three of them: MDoolittle, JSparks and LaKisha (uno adto ... ) Jones (Hones #-o ). balitaw, bagan sila gayud tulo. Bang, Jordin kaw baya, but she is also very good. libog lang kita, pero MDoolittle pa gihapon ako. 8-[ :-D

Waray ga interes kaniyo nan Dancing with the Stars? yadi na sab ako.... 8-[ :-D