- You can upload pictures in this area.
- Maximum size allowed is 800x600.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

madZ
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

SUMMER 2007 POTPOURRI

Unread post by madZ »

WITH TAGON-ON BLOGGERS. SORRY, MADZ WAS AT WORK AND WASN'T ABLE TO JOIN US. MADZ, WE MISSED YOU....
SORRY NELSON ....FOR THE "FOCUS MALFUNCTION"

MADZ RECOMMENDED ADVENTURE AQUARIUM IN CAMDEN... HERE'S THE TWO GETTING COZY WITH TERRORS OF THE DEEP.

SEASIDE HEIGHTS - - -YANGA TAGAW INTAWON NAN BAWOD.

SUS KITA NA GAYOD WITH JUDSTUMP AT CHOCOLATE WORLD, Hershey, PA (hamoti pa akoN kabayo :-D ) .

AND... ABOVE IS ONE OF MY 4 FOOTED "BESTFRIEND" NAMED LUBO. HE'S 6 YEARS OLD APPALOOSA, FAST AND FRISKY. I WAS SO EXCITED, I GET TO RIDE HIM AGAIN AND KARLO GOT HIS OLDER SISTER SPOTTA.

K-Spy ready na kono si Karlo sa sunod iban kamo sakay na waray montora. :-D

IT'S ALWAYS A SPIRITUAL MOMENT WHEN I GO INSIDE LUBO'S STALL, STAND STILL, HOLD MY HAND THEN HE COMES, TOUCHED IT WITH HIS NOSE THEN LICK IT BECAUSE HE'S FRISKY BUT VERY PICKY OF WHO HE WANTS NEAR HIM. BUT HE WAS BEING NAUGHTY HE DIDN'T LIKE THE PLASTIC SMELL OF MY PANCHO SO I HAD TO TAKE IT OFF.

Right behind this barn is the entrance to the magnificent wilderness of blue ridge mountain. The rain had just passed inday kalamii pasa gayod nan baho nan forest kon gikan gauwan. Feeling ko amodan gikan kita nan una in agihan nan bagyo tapos pag linaw nan hangin mang gawas kita para ihapon kon pila ka puno nan saging an ya tumba. Dili ko gayod ibaylo ini na mga lugar. May gusto ko ini kay sa NYC.

Alexa was not in the mood to ride. She stayed and made friends with the animals.
Last edited by madZ on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:11 am, edited 6 times in total.

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

nice pics

Unread post by manday »

Tenx Abbs and Madz for the nice pics.

Kalamii nan iyo summer liesure - wonderful! We went also to Ohio last Saturday to watch filipino artists - Sarah Geronimo on Center Stage. Slept over at mana Elsie's house ( mother of Sam Milby). The following day, yesterday,we went to their farm,went boating ( using kayak) on their man-made lake. Dakoi ila suba, childhood paradise of sam, feeling ko ga baruto ako pasingod sa Umbay which we used to do when were kids ( our means of transpo) in going home to Sumo-Sumo. It is a good feeling to experience nature and simple things again. Just sharing.But thanks for the above summer-scenes, wonderful ! ! ! Thanks.

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

lOOK POISED

Unread post by manday »

MANA ABBS YOU LOOK GRACEFUL - AS I LOOK AT YOU IN THE PIC, THEIR IS A DISTINCT IMPRESSION OF SMOOTHNESS AND POISED IN YOUR HORSERIDING. YOU MUST BE AN EXPERT!!!

sughac
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Re: lOOK POISED

Unread post by sughac »

manday wrote:MANA ABBS YOU LOOK GRACEFUL - AS I LOOK AT YOU IN THE PIC, THEIR IS A DISTINCT IMPRESSION OF SMOOTHNESS AND POISED IN YOUR HORSERIDING. YOU MUST BE AN EXPERT!!!

manday,

not only that, havent you noticed that horse listened intently to her whisper.She can be another MIKEE CONJUANGCO in the making !!Nice pics!!

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

Madz,

Salamater... sus guba an amo telepono naman puasa an mga bata sa internet pati sa isab ako. Paga lanapan kono an box nan verizon nan uwan kahapon na dilapita sa Staten.

Man,

Laong mo,

"The following day, yesterday,we went to their farm,went boating ( using kayak) on their man-made lake. Dakoi ila suba, childhood paradise of sam, feeling ko ga baruto ako pasingod sa Umbay which we used to do when were kids ( our means of transpo) in going home to Sumo-Sumo. It is a good feeling to experience nature and simple things again."

Amo isab iton Man an ako kinaham. Inin ako dugo.."pure" sa gayod probensiana kanaman mag hanap ako nan yaon na mga lugar. Kon may ako pa choice I'll move from NYC in a heartbeat. But I have no choice we're glued here. Kanaman pasalamat dakan isab na we have the option na maka gawas every now and then.

Bata ini OO praktisado ako nan gamay pa. Pero dili kon sa kabayo sa CARABAO :-D :-D arang sa lagi ni Lolo naadi na carabao pa pletehan kon amehan. An tinu-od mas lisod mo sakay sa carabao mas sayon an kabayo. Kanaman way ako problema nan kon baga "transition" from carabao to kabayo hahaha....puydi pa gani side saddle hahaha....importante trust between you and the animal.

Sug,

Porbeda na tao ini.... ag sa lamang kita masipog. :-D Whoy inin ato panakay kahin pa inilaya. Iton kan Mikee Conjuangco-Jaworski the equestrienne pang de altamar. Simbako hain sa kita niton mga equestrian vaulting . :-D Puydi pa seguro gamay sa reining kay amo sa yaon nan una kon mag dakop nan cabao ag lasohon diba? :-D

Balitaw Sug western riding da kita, which means, saddle is made to distribute the weight more evenly over the horse’s back so horse and rider can counterbalance the weight.

Yaon isa ka ranch na ag namo isab kad-toan english riding. Which means many of its traditions and equipment are from european mounted military styles. Thoroughbred sab an ila mga horses (retired race horses) kay tend to be taller san english style. Dili ako comfortable kay gawas na $$$ there is a "dress code".

Adi da ako sa cowboy kay bisan uno maong astan T-Shirt daug na. :-D

Come and will go riding.
Last edited by Alibangbang on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

Speaking of carabao riding

Unread post by manday »

Abbs, speaking about carabao riding, I had a very unforgettable experience. Summer yadto, I was in second year high school, diba sa una kon mag giok nan humay karabao an gamiton na mag libotlibot, ganahani ako mag sakay sakay. permi ako adto sa basakan kay may ako negosyo taraw, pahumay may ako sigarilyo, anejo parasa mga ga trabaho, lipayi ako pag, takusan nan humay kay an bayad nila sa ako humay sa. Pero an dili ko hikalimtan minsakay ako kabaw tapos ya hug ako kay inin ako taraw mga cousins from Manila gabakasyon sus kay gusto sa musakay ako taraw gapasikat in lapdosan ko an kabaw para mudagan nan tulin, inin hill side yadto mindagan agaw an kabaw nan tulin kun baga amoda nan yakuga an kabaw, yadabas ako, ay ay ya adto ako pag apasa sa bakilid, madayaw gani ad-on si papa to come to my rescue in da ako sa manghihilot na tiguwang na sakiti gayod gay ila sa taraw yaon tul-idon tapos kuduhi na tapos swollen na an ako left arm. Dili ko gayod hikalimtan kay masakiti gayod, diba kun inflammed mas masakiti kon sa modern medicine pa, supposedly the intervention is not to move the affected part unless the Doctor would be the one to do it. Pero sa ato kay hiluton sa hinoon tapos birahon para ma re-align,makudhi gayod, arangi na dapi. Madayaw gani yadayaw sa gihapon, nature takes its course ( mahibawo da isab an Ginoo mag paigo. I couldn't forget this because I saw Papa's love and concern, he was too was disturbed of the pain I went through.

Amo ba na mas madali an kabayo bagan sa mas kulba kay mas kusog sa na kabayo basin mag pahilatot iton kulbai. Pero for me you seem that you
carry it very well.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Re: lOOK POISED

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

sughac wrote:
manday,

not only that, havent you noticed that horse listened intently to her whisper.She can be another MIKEE CONJUANGCO in the making !!Nice pics!!

sugz,

wa kaw baya kahibawo na
HORSE WHISPERER iton si abb?

abb,

aduy bagan ma imagine ko kami
ni karlo magkabayo, yapudog-pudog
taraw an mga taba ni karlo. hahaha

hala na dayon, labon sa way gamit
yadin kabayo ni darik ngadi. tapos pasakyon
ta si karlo nan karabaw na gikan pa magtu-na
tapos way hapin para siya maka tilaw uno uno
pugadan nan pugo sa hita. =P~

naay pa, amo yaon si tiffany sa taas?
kadumdum ako na gusto yaon ni nenen portillo
pa entrahon nan mutya ng tago after otot-otot won the title.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

uwan

Unread post by SIBULING »

Mana ABB,salamat sa pix.Yade ako office yang dalikyat pagbasa.Kalamii nan yaon na lugar ,hain yaon.Kun kit an ni ate felna yaon daan magdalipasa.

Kamingaw nan panahon ,mauwani ngade sa amo sukad pa nan domingo.Languti ako kay an ako cellphone minsawum sa tubig .Ga order na sab kami nan bag o na cell kay di na sa muandar.Kalabade.an ako kadaghanan number raba yaka save sa phone dili haw sa sim.Mapatay ako kay way ako cell kuman.Kauwani sab.Na hala mag silib da ako sa sunod.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

K-Spy

OO. B&B (Beauty&Brain) ini na mga bata. Tan-awa ton ila maguwang diba gwuapo isab. They're kindred spirits i'm very proud of them.

:-D :-D Anay kay inin tabatchi-ngay sa lagi ag raba dayon mag borot kon lang-on na batching nan maguwang kanaman ag ko bawion dayon na huggable teddy bear siya kay sus basin intawon magka complex.

Anay lihiroay na taraw dili na gani mosogot mag helmet. Kaduha isab iton ma labogdak (bad fall) reclamador lamang usahay kay kon mosakit nan labot kon mag untol-untol gusto na mobalik… na alkansi duha usahay tulo gud ka oras an inbaydan ta. Hahaha…Mahikatawa dakan mo laong “aw mom, mom, my wiener, my wiener!!!!!”
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: Speaking of carabao riding

manday wrote:Abbs, speaking about carabao riding, I had a very unforgettable experience. Summer yadto, I was in second year high school, diba sa una kon mag giok nan humay karabao an gamiton na mag libotlibot, ganahani ako mag sakay sakay. permi ako adto sa basakan kay may ako negosyo taraw, pahumay may ako sigarilyo, anejo parasa mga ga trabaho, lipayi ako pag, takusan nan humay kay an bayad nila sa ako humay sa. Pero an dili ko hikalimtan minsakay ako kabaw tapos ya hug ako kay inin ako taraw mga cousins from Manila gabakasyon sus kay gusto sa musakay ako taraw gapasikat in lapdosan ko an kabaw para mudagan nan tulin, inin hill side yadto mindagan agaw an kabaw nan tulin kun baga amoda nan yakuga an kabaw, yadabas ako, ay ay ya adto ako pag apasa sa bakilid, madayaw gani ad-on si papa to come to my rescue in da ako sa manghihilot na tiguwang na sakiti gayod gay ila sa taraw yaon tul-idon tapos kuduhi na tapos swollen na an ako left arm. Dili ko gayod hikalimtan kay masakiti gayod, diba kun inflammed mas masakiti kon sa modern medicine pa, supposedly the intervention is not to move the affected part unless the Doctor would be the one to do it. Pero sa ato kay hiluton sa hinoon tapos birahon para ma re-align,makudhi gayod, arangi na dapi. Madayaw gani yadayaw sa gihapon, nature takes its course ( mahibawo da isab an Ginoo mag paigo. I couldn't forget this because I saw Papa's love and concern, he was too was disturbed of the pain I went through.

Amo ba na mas madali an kabayo bagan sa mas kulba kay mas kusog sa na kabayo basin mag pahilatot iton kulbai. Pero for me you seem that you
carry it very well.

Man/Sibs,

Amo isab ngadi 3 days na perme ma tawom on and off an owan. Tuesday ga bonok putong pasa inka wad-an kamin telepono. Una laong nan verizon ya baha an box tapos in kig-dan kono nan kilat. Inday kon unoy hinongdan pero kahapon yadayaw na.

Man, maka sakay sakaw baya nan cabao demodo kaya mom kabayo. Saba kaw kay inday kapila isab ako madabas naadi amo seguro na inin ako kaliwa na siko baliko gamay kon ako tul-idon. Duda ko ya lisa ini tapos wa maipahilot.

Sege lamang kay koman kon mag dumdum kitan ato mga kalaki naadi kinatawahay sa gayod di ta raba mapalit ini na kalipay anay haw hain kita na tindahan maghanap laong pa nan ako anakon. Nan kinder bagan adto si Alexa tan-aw kamin “Sound of Music” sa bay. Diba may part na yan dag silan kahoy? Laong ko “I did that when I was your age” sus pagka silom sali ako ipanghambog sa iya mga classmates na “my mom can climb big trees” talk of the class lagi. Madayaw gani waray min laong, her mom is a monkey hahahaha….

Nahala ayo-ayo kamo ngaton.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

manday wrote:Abbs, speaking about carabao riding, I had a very unforgettable experience.

Man, dali tudlo-an takaw kibali logar ini Mangabayo 101 -

Para incase gusto niyo. Bantay kay maka adik. :)

An delikado yaon tawag na “rearing” this happens when the horse gets spooked and he’ll stand on his hind legs defense mechanism yaon nila.

Before you mount, secure gayod an imo saddle tapos tight an girth. When mounted, gather your reins and then hang both legs down near the stirrups and make sure they are the right length by having the stirrup reach your ankle. Para dali mo ma slide an feet sa stirrup.

You’re ready….. start off with a slow walk. Signal the horse with a squeeze of your legs. When you squeeze, the horse should start to move. DON’T KICK!!!

Use the rein to steer, same nan manobila nan car. Pull towards right to go right, and left to go to left. Pull the rein tight on the side to make full circle turn.

Once you are comfortable with the walk, the real fun begins….you can now start to trot. Squeeze the horse side with your legs and the horse will start to move faster. The trot has 2 footfalls or 2 beat gait, the walk is a 4 beat gait. During trot you should try to rise or post to the trot. First you will simply bounce, try and go with the horse movement. Rise up and down in the saddle in time with the beats. Don’t land too heavy into the saddle as you will unsteady the horse. Only rise about an inch para dili an imo hita astan tuhod pang dauwan nan grabe. As a rule, rise when your horse inside shoulder, is under him.

The next step is canter faster than trot, to ask for canter, squeeze your OUTSIDE leg while having it back a bit and squeeze with your INSIDE leg. You have to be on trot to go to canter. At canter you should sit back slightly. Important go with the horse movement. Tapos kon gusto mon kosogi na signal the horse mo gallop na yaon siya. Amo inin lamiin feeling kulba hinam kay an hangin sa ato bayho amoda kitan excuse the expression “free as the wind”.

Always ride in this order:
Start out slow, walk before you trot, trot before you canter, and canter before you gallop.

When slowing down, sit deep and hold the reins a little towards you.

When stopping, squeeze the reins and sit deep. You may have to lean back a bit and put your weight in your lapabopot and heels. When halted, release the reins right away. This rewards the horse and the horse will pull if you don’t release it. When done with the ride I always bend down pat my horse or kiss him thank you for a nice ride. :-D You can feel them sweating.

If your saddle doesn’t have a pack, leave everything that is not attached to your person back in your car kay mang lapot iton tanan.

hala...

madZ
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

Yadi pa...

Unread post by madZ »

manday
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by manday »

Man, dali tudlo-an takaw kibali logar ini Mangabayo 101 -

Para incase gusto niyo. Bantay kay maka adik. :)

An delikado yaon tawag na “rearing” this happens when the horse gets spooked and he’ll stand on his hind legs defense mechanism yaon nila.

Before you mount, secure gayod an imo saddle tapos tight an girth. When mounted, gather your reins and then hang both legs down near the stirrups and make sure they are the right length by having the stirrup reach your ankle. Para dali mo ma slide an feet sa stirrup.

You’re ready….. start off with a slow walk. Signal the horse with a squeeze of your legs. When you squeeze, the horse should start to move. DON’T KICK!!!

Use the rein to steer, same nan manobila nan car. Pull towards right to go right, and left to go to left. Pull the rein tight on the side to make full circle turn.

Once you are comfortable with the walk, the real fun begins….you can now start to trot. Squeeze the horse side with your legs and the horse will start to move faster. The trot has 2 footfalls or 2 beat gait, the walk is a 4 beat gait. During trot you should try to rise or post to the trot. First you will simply bounce, try and go with the horse movement. Rise up and down in the saddle in time with the beats. Don’t land too heavy into the saddle as you will unsteady the horse. Only rise about an inch para dili an imo hita astan tuhod pang dauwan nan grabe. As a rule, rise when your horse inside shoulder, is under him.

The next step is canter faster than trot, to ask for canter, squeeze your OUTSIDE leg while having it back a bit and squeeze with your INSIDE leg. You have to be on trot to go to canter. At canter you should sit back slightly. Important go with the horse movement. Tapos kon gusto mon kosogi na signal the horse mo gallop na yaon siya. Amo inin lamiin feeling kulba hinam kay an hangin sa ato bayho amoda kitan excuse the expression “free as the wind”.

Always ride in this order:
Start out slow, walk before you trot, trot before you canter, and canter before you gallop.

When slowing down, sit deep and hold the reins a little towards you.

When stopping, squeeze the reins and sit deep. You may have to lean back a bit and put your weight in your lapabopot and heels. When halted, release the reins right away. This rewards the horse and the horse will pull if you don’t release it. When done with the ride I always bend down pat my horse or kiss him thank you for a nice ride. :-D You can feel them sweating.

If your saddle doesn’t have a pack, leave everything that is not attached to your person back in your car kay mang lapot iton tanan.

hala...

Mana Abbs, thank you for your down-to-earth horse riding lesson. Sa otro kun puhon may means na, i will hire you as my personal instructor wow maka afford baya. ( he he he) But anyways, tenx a lot , you seem to be a good teacher.

SIBULING
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor

kabayo

Unread post by SIBULING »

Hi manday/Mana abb,yade na kami sa Chicago sugat an bagyo kabii.

Mana Abb,dad on mo gayud si felna ngad on kay magadalipasa gayud ini siya basta makakita nan kabayo.Ako nugar talawani.

Pag uli namo last year minkadto kami sa suong (Manyosa)may minlabay na bata pa na kabayo ,basta languti si felna kanako kay may kabayo sa baya kuno sa ato.Kay an hinbaw an ko kabaw dakan sa.Unhon ko pa nugar na di ko sa haw kila asta madududmay na.

kanaman Mana Abb ,puhon ,pwede mo tudluan si ate fel?Kay kahalayo pa nan Baguio para lang siya kasakay.kabaw hanuan maarang sa ilaya.

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Man/Sibs,

:-D :-D don't worry....as long as there are horses available for us to ride and you're not afraid to get smelly and dirty, I'll provide the lessons for free.

Sibs, if Ate Fel is interested ya-oy mga ranch resorts all inclusive this is a good way to start. Rides are twice a day all levels (beginners to advance). They have private lessons too usually done inside the arena.

Man/Sibs, min palet na kamon mega (lotto)? Diba dako-in premio koman? Uno min pusta kamo? :-D Yadi ako 1$ kay laong "all you need is a dollar and a dream" well, I have a dollar and I have plenty big dreams. :-D Kon kitan kadaug... an unahon ta pag palet mga kabayo :-D para kon sin-oy gusto hala welcome tanan that or - - -
kadto-un ta si Insom kay adtoy kabayo dapit sa ila amoy ato mansohon. :-D

Sibs, saw it on the news grabin baha ngaton. Hope all you guys are okay.