BACLARAN

Express yourself. Convey your thoughts.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya, pato

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

BACLARAN

Unread post by pato »

Ever since I arrived in Manila, The Baclaran in Parañaque City has always been a chaotic place especially on Wednesdays and Sundays. The main roads are densed with private and public vehicles. The people that walked on the streets, adjacent to the church, are wedged like sardines. It’s like somebody has poured them into one place.

Aside from Divisoria, Baclaran has also been known for its cheaper commodities. Many merchants, from the nearby provinces, loved to go there, to buy goods at a wholesale price. The commercial buildings are full of display stacked and hanged on its walls, ceilings and railings. The vendors are cluttered everywhere even in the narrow pavements. If you are patient enough to rummage the whole narrow alley, you can find beautiful items at a cheaper prices yet, a smell of dank air will waft out on you sometimes. Your P500.00 budget for pasalubong can buy you many things to your inaanak. Early in the morning, at the mouth of Quirino Avenue Street, you can also see some fresh fruits laid on the road, ready for sale at a very reasonable prices.

Despite of its chaotic and turmoil locations, Baclaran has been known for its miraculous church. Enormous of people loved go there especially on Wednesdays to pray for a Novena to Our Mother Of Perpetual Help. You can see people offering Sampaguita flowers, lighting candles and some old women wearing their intricately embroidered veils, walking through the aisle using their knees, while seriously praying in barefoot. If you’ll visit the church to join the Novena, you can hear many letters that has been read by the lector, as proof from the people that their petitions were granted.

If you are good to haggle prices at Tiangge, Baclaran is one of the best places to shop. And of course, to pray and to witness the power of faith that everyone has been keeping on.

kalachuchi
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Re: BACLARAN

Unread post by kalachuchi »

devotee sab 'kaw baya taraw, Patz?

na ganahani ako makipag-price bargain nan prutas ngad-on..challenging sab!

tagpila na agaw an Novena booklet, patz? :-)
"always cherish what's in today, and grab the opportunity of tomorrow..."

pato
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by pato »

kalachuchi wrote:devotee sab 'kaw baya taraw, Patz?

na ganahani ako makipag-price bargain nan prutas ngad-on..challenging sab!

tagpila na agaw an Novena booklet, patz? :-)
tag P10 da.

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

Hi Pats,

Your post invigorated and transported me into my past.

In my time, like many, I was one who frequented Baclaran for my devotion to the Mother of Perpetual Help.

Yes, Baclaran offers wide array of goods so cheap. You could almost buy anything your eyes can lay on and can haggle with prices even to the lowest denomination.

I haven’t been there since 1992, the time I left Philippines. I’m hoping to revisit the place one day and joyfully rekindle old memories.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the post.

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Unread post by BONSAL »

nice one Pats!

Guyz, watch out for the next article of Pato. The forthcoming "CAMSUR Escapade". One of the best na isab ini. :)
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn