(The Thinker) The Writer

A biographical sketch of Tagon-ons who make a difference.

Moderators: kampanaryo_spy, cordapya

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

(The Thinker) The Writer

Unread post by Alibangbang »

He writes with such light, passion, and fluidity. As a hobby, he has written many; accummuting awards along the way. He writes of pudding, politics and gitik-gitik, and subjects as diverse, as the shapes, textures and colors of rocks and pebbles found on the stream that travel along the bank of Tago River.

In 2000, at the centennial of Civil Service Commission, the agency sponsored a National 400-word Essay Writing Contest. He penned what was on his mind, submitted it, and won in the regional level, but, failed, to land the top three nationwide. He adhered to the 400-word rule, therefore, limiting him. The winners on the other hand, ignored and exceeded the word limit but, he’s a good sport and took the verdict gracefully.

In 2002, Inquirer picked up and published the essay. And, as they say, the rest is history. But, not so fast, for lo and behold, six years later, here I quote: (for privacy I need to block the name of the instructor)

(xxxxxxx <sender’s email address >) wrote:
Subject: A Paragon for Bureaucracy
To: kampanaryo_spy@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:05 PM

Dear Kampanaryo_spy:

Greetings.

I am an NSTP instructor from the University of the East in Manila. I am handling NTL1 (Literacy Training Service). From the compendium distributed to us, I came across an essay title which you wrote and is called "A Paragon for Bureaucracy". I tried to search for it over the web but to no avail. In view of this, I would very much appreciate if you could send to me a soft copy of said essay for classroom discussion. Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.

(Instructor’s name)
NSTP Instructor
UE Manila

K-Spy,

CONGRATULATIONS. Your writing has summit Mount Everest indeed.

You will never cease to amaze me.

Also, thank you once again for allowing Mrs. Green’s creative writing students, at St. Joseph Hill Academy in New York, to discuss your articles: "Frogs" and "Games of the Cellular". Your stories made fourteen girls gasps, giggle and outright laugh. But most of all, they were inspired by your cornucopia. It was first to them, "signal in the pigpen?" They were inspired to use mundane, waste material to the like of urine creatively to make a story funny. Through your words, they had a chance to peek into our neck of the woods.

Thank you K-Spy, you make Tago proud.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

BONSAL
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
FOUNDER & ADMINISTRATOR
Birthday: 25 Sep 1976

Re: (The Thinker) The Writer

Unread post by BONSAL »

Kspy, You're amazing! I am at awe as always. We're proud of you man. God bless & More power!!
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- ronald e. Osborn

toyang
Devoted Member
Devoted Member

Unread post by toyang »

K-spy,

Congratulations! :roll :roll :roll
Don't get disappointed when God doesn't give you what you want... For he knows the
best time for you to have it...

bubbles
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by bubbles »

K_spy,

You are an extraordinaire and with good fashioned intellectual rigour! :roll

kiboglets
Devoted Member
Devoted Member
Birthday: 16 Oct 1971

Unread post by kiboglets »

K_spy,
Well nothing is new. [-( as expected YOU always MAKE TAGO PROUD :roll :roll :roll
CONGRATULATIONS!

badung
Website Benefactor
Website Benefactor
Birthday: 29 Jan 1947

Unread post by badung »

i am a fan, of course. i love reading his posts.

kandiison
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 16 Dec 1979

Unread post by kandiison »

Congrats K_spy. You are our Hero.... An achievements mo karangalan nan taga Tago. Salamat for making Tago proud.

TAGS
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 25 Nov 1970

Unread post by TAGS »

I wish that i could shake your hands in person.Congrats K-spy!!!

cordapya
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Unread post by cordapya »

K-SPY as I told you before, I will tell you again now & FOREVER..... "YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND". Amen. :shock :shock :shock

CONGRATULATIONS !!! :roll :roll :roll
What is essential is invisible to the eye.

GOD doesn't need my ability, but my availability.

Insomada
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor
Thread Moderator/Website Benefactor

Unread post by Insomada »

I equally agree with what the posts above say.

K-spy writes with passion, professionalism and precision....and always at the height of his power. No one can emulate his talent. Every work he does is a masterpiece. His works are rarefied masterpieces incessantly ascending in quality. These then congeal the notion that he’s one of the finest writers Philippines has produced. Bravo!

He never stops to radiate an aura of class and splendour in all his undertakings. He is an icon to all of us.

Consequently, his valuable contribution to Tago and its constituents is greatly acknowledged and I am one proud and thankful for that. Good on you Kamps!

edpels
Certified Member
Certified Member
Birthday: 05 Jun 1964

Unread post by edpels »

abi niyo mga alo, ini c kspy while we were still budding kids in elementary and high school, i already noticed his rare brilliance in arts and literary. pasuwaton-ok, pasayawon-ok, pa-drawingon-ok. i wont forget that event while we're in 2nd year HS in Purisima when his drawing bagged the 1st honor award during the Alay Kapwa Drawing Contest. you know what his drawing entry is all about? it's Bayanihan Spirit. now it means a lot to me being a functionary in cooperatives development. I dont know if kspy still remembers it. am so happy that in later years he harnessed these skills. his big break i think came when the PDI noticed his great literary works and landed in its national dailies. sa una kalaong ko haw iya na ini imbiyaan, because during college, he took up accounting. and you know, drawing numbers and analysis is the game in accounting. during our elementary and high school years, he used to tell us stories about nancy drew adventures (of course with much action and passion). during boring classes in high school, he used to draw us pics, we, as objects of course, in our unguarded moments. funny. hamoki pa ako estorya but all i can say is, am his avid fan.

kampanaryo_spy
CO-FOUNDER & SENIOR EDITOR

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

guys,

you're all making me blush. inin si abb gayud amoy sad-an nan tanan. i just shared to her the email i received because frankly, it tickled me that unbeknownst to me, an ako baya essay paga discuss na sa UE.

that was all my intention, nothing more, nothing less. it's just my worry that abb's post might be construed by many as self-serving.

but just the same, thanks for the kind words; i'm humbled.
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-

EDP_DUBAI
Certified Member
Certified Member

Unread post by EDP_DUBAI »

K_spy you are brilliant & marvelous! I agree with mana C, you are indeed one of a kind...Congratulations!

Alibangbang
Thread Moderator
Thread Moderator

Unread post by Alibangbang »

kampanaryo_spy wrote:guys,

you're all making me blush. inin si abb gayud amoy sad-an nan tanan. i just shared to her the email i received because frankly, it tickled me that unbeknownst to me, an ako baya essay paga discuss na sa UE.

that was all my intention, nothing more, nothing less. it's just my worry that abb's post might be construed by many as self-serving.

but just the same, thanks for the kind words; i'm humbled.
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I do take full responsibility for my action. But, please... let it be understood that my sole and only intent is to accentuate the positive and in no way insinuate something else.

K-Spy,

So, so, sorry for being insensitive, I didn’t mean to be unfeeling. :cry: :cry: After I read your message, the Michael-Phelps-.0001 second-Beijing-feeling got the best of me. What can I say? I got really excited. (It was not enough that I karate chopped my desk and threw Pac-Man punches in the air) My fingers rushed to tap-tap or I’d burst if I didn’t share the thrilling and exciting news. I lost my self control! Badly done Abb!!! :oops:

I am blameworthy. But, if given another chance, I might, perhaps, be tempted to do it again because I truly am proud of your attributes and achievements. But, I promise never ever, without your blessings.

Hope you forgive me. :) Or, I'll eat dirt. I don't want to eat dirt. Please don't make me eat dirt.... :wink :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter... don't mind and those that mind... don't matter." Dr. Suess

kampanaryo_spy

Unread post by kampanaryo_spy »

abb,

apology accepted. :-D

next personality profile please. :-D
"Most claims of originality are testimony to ignorance and most claims of magic are testimony to hubris." -James March-